[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL DIRECT TICKET gone up again

cliaz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 bucks a week for 17 weeks is still a deal to me. Especially being a packer fan stuck in Dallas.

I forgot to mention this but my neighbor went to cancel his yesterday and they offered him $100 off the price of the package because he told them he was getting rid of it because it cost too much.

I forgot to mention this but my neighbor went to cancel his yesterday and they offered him $100 off the price of the package because he told them he was getting rid of it because it cost too much.

I've heard this a few times... DirectTV seems to be ok with making a deal to keep the customers around. I'll give this a shot as well.

I get the Superfan package but haven't paid for it the 1st two years. I call up and complain that I have been w/ them several years and don't think I should pay an extra $99 for it. They have waived the fee both years.

I've heard this a few times... DirectTV seems to be ok with making a deal to keep the customers around. I'll give this a shot as well.

They wouldn'r give me any monthly credits, since I am still riding on the ones from last year but, they did give me a free DVR, 3 months of Starz and 6 months of Showtime. :D

They wouldn'r give me any monthly credits, since I am still riding on the ones from last year but, they did give me a free DVR, 3 months of Starz and 6 months of Showtime. :D

I got the early bird at $229.00 for the year and SF for free (had to talk to customer retention to get it free) Last year I got SF at 1/2 price so I was happy to get it free. I am a game addict and have Hi Def so its worth it to me to have the SF - the only way to get most of the games in high def. Superfan is normally 99.00.

Edited by Stingers

I got the early bird at $229.00 for the year and SF for free (had to talk to customer retention to get it free) Last year I got SF at 1/2 price so I was happy to get it free. I am a game addict and have Hi Def so its worth it to me to have the SF - the only way to get most of the games in high def.

Yeah I forgot to mention that you need to talk to customer retention. They have the power to give much more away for free. About a year ago the color went on my HD receiver. I called them up and asked what they could do for me and they gave me a new one, with TIVO, for free. The normal cost was $400. I had to pay the S and H which was 20 bucks. I used to have a # directly to the retention dept that I got from HDTVoice.com, I'll have to see if I can find it.

Thanks for the tip, I just got the same offer through Customer Retention.

They were billing me 45.80 per month for 5 months. They are now going to "credit back" the first two payments. FWIW.

They were billing me 45.80 per month for 5 months. They are now going to "credit back" the first two payments. FWIW.

cool deal.

Got a number?

I am moving to my new house and called their custome retention and kept haggling them until they finally gave me what i wanted which was alot. All in all i made out big time (savings of over 400).

I got superfan free and 20$ off my subscription for 6 months with 2 HR20's for 200$ (They retail for 300 each).

I must say Directv will do ALOT to keep you as a customer so use it in your favor. I am sure they will cut everyone a deal. If the original customer rep doesnt satisfy you ask for customer retention.

probably getting closer to out of market games on ppv.

I doubt it. I'm fairly certain that Direct TV has a stranglehold on out of market games.

Please get out, we dont want any fudge packers in Big D.

Hey, I love Texas, just hate the cowboys...

Donald Driver lives a few miles down the road from me... I actually ran into him at work last summer... What are the chances of that?

Good luck - didn't work for me, they only offered $10 discount!

keep trying every few days - complain nicely - high cost - may have to cancel - I'm a good customer yada yada. Keep trying every few days until you get a representative that will help you out and make sure you are calling the customer retention line. If you can you can even threaten to go to Dish because of the high cost etc. Always be polite and don't bash them and good luck!

Wow.

DirecTV has the most reasonable customer service of any company I've ever seen.

• 1 month later...

I cancelled mine through the regular number...the lady didn't ask why or really care. She just credited me for the one payment I had already made and moved on.

No way do I pay $249 for that. I'll go to the bar down the street when I wanna watch the Boys play. Thankfully, we get them more than not.