[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL DIRECT TICKET gone up again

cliaz

Got $60 credit. I've had the Ticket since the beginning, seems like it was $99 or something like that when it first started. I almost forgot my annual "call up and whine-fest". Thats the ticket!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i TRIED to get DirecTV but the dont offer my local channels in HD(at least thats what the rep told me)...then I find out that for $49 I can have them add an antennae...Well F that...the other thing that I really cant stand is that you need a PhD in DTV to understand what costs what and everything else then nickel and dime you for...here is a really original idea, put it all in ONE Package and give it a price...and am I the only one that does not like that you have to rent their DVRs for each room....I guess I will just have to live with the games I get and MFLs Gameday playing in the background giving me all the scoring updates I need

Customer Retention 1-800-824-9081 is their direct number.

:D I think that i might give that number a call and see how they handle retaining a wannabe customer thats not a customer yet :D

Edited by keggerz

thanks for the info. i called cust service and they did nothing. customer retention took 5 minutes and gave superfan free and $10 off for 12 months of service. 220 more than i had before i read this . The Huddle has certianly paid for itself already!

I just called the cust service number and they were happy to just cancel the package....so I said, if you dont care maybe I'll just cancel the whole service...asked for cusomer retention....

$169.00

Thanks

Hardrocker

:D I think that i might give that number a call and see how they handle retaining a wannabe customer thats not a customer yet :D

don't bother. just call the regular number (1-800-directv). dtv disabled the direct line to customer retention -- i read it was because after the release of the HD-DVR, customer retention was flooded with complaint calls, so now all customer retention calls get routed through the first line of know-nothing CSRs. the old customer retention number is now just a regular customer service number.

edit: oops, i saw you were joking about calling them. oh well, message is the same.

Edited by montster

don't bother. just call the regular number (1-800-directv). dtv disabled the direct line to customer retention -- i read it was because after the release of the HD-DVR, customer retention was flooded with complaint calls, so now all customer retention calls get routed through the first line of know-nothing CSRs. the old customer retention number is now just a regular customer service number.

edit: oops, i saw you were joking about calling them. oh well, message is the same.

With this in mind, do you ask for cust retention after you get no help from the first line?

Thanks guys. Just called and got a $60 credit off NFL Sunday Ticket. So, instead of paying $229, I'm paying $169. Not as good a deal as some I've read in here but I'll take it. :D

At first the regular customer service rep said she could do nothing. The I asked to speak to a customer rention rep and they patched me through. AT first she was only going to give me $10 off but then she upped it to $15 off per month. :D

Edited by irish

Whats the name for real cheap basstards who do this sort of thing?

Smart? :D

thanks for the info. i called cust service and they did nothing. customer retention took 5 minutes and gave superfan free and $10 off for 12 months of service. 220 more than i had before i read this . The Huddle has certianly paid for itself already!

Sweet, PM me a picture of you sitting naked on a piece of whole wheat toast with a baby bottle in your mouth. :D

:D

Anyways all, anytime you are at a automated voice prompting number if you just dial 00 it will take you to a live human being without having to go through all of the prompts.

I had my wife call, and luckily the rep was a female as well. My wife said she doesn't give two rips about the ticket and would like to cancel. The other lady said she totally agrees and they started chatting like the were best friends. Anyway, she gave us $60 off and free superfan when all was said and done. I'm telling you, have your wife or gf call because I think the reps can sometimes tell the desperation in our voices.

No way do I pay $249 for that. I'll go to the bar down the street when I wanna watch the Boys play.

As a former subscriber, it was worth the money to me. That said, I'd rather spend the ~$15 per Sunday on four pints of beer (including tip) at the local bar while being able to watch the Colts in HD (no HD at home yet) AND being able to follow my fantasy team (and the other games) via the bar's free Wi-Fi.

IMO, six months of MLB Extra Innings for $160 is a much better value, especially when the games are on seven days a week. As much as I'd like to, going to the bar seven days a week isn't really an option.

Edited by Bill Swerski

IMO, six months of MLB Extra Innings for $160 is a much better value.

That is like saying you would rather have 60 chunks of coal for $160 instead of a big shiny diamond for $240. :D

Having a lazy moment. What's Superfan? I've seen that it's normal value is $99, so that's a great deal getting it for free!!