[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL DIRECT TICKET gone up again

cliaz

I just called the previously mentioned phone number and got DirectV to give me the $99 SuperFan package for free. Thanks Huddle forums for the advice.

Same here! :D

Also found up I could get a free upgrade to a new "advance" receiver and remote as well as an HD receiver (but first have to look at my TV to make sure I have the correct plugs/adaptors).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called to cancel Direct TV today. They asked why. I said the only reason I had Direct TV was for the Sunday ticket and I decided not to get it this year because it cost to much and that I was switching to Verizon Fios. They offered me $100 of the Sunday ticket and $10 off a month because I already had internet through Verizon Fios. All that even though I have only had Direct TV for two years! I ended up turning them down anyways since I really can't afford the Sunday ticket this year and we are getting a really good package with the Verizon FIos. Anyway, anyone that has FIos in there area may be able to use them as leverage to get a deal.

Same here! :D

Also found up I could get a free upgrade to a new "advance" receiver and remote as well as an HD receiver (but first have to look at my TV to make sure I have the correct plugs/adaptors).

Edited by spot7

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Huddle.

This was one of the easiest phone calls I've ever made.

I made up some story that my wife was complaining about the rising cost of Sunday Ticket and that she had a quote from DishNetwork. DirecTV then waived my last 2 payments for Sunday Ticket which was a little under $100 and they gave me SuperFan for free which they normally charge $99 for.

For those of you with DirecTV and Sunday Ticket you NEED to make a call to se what kind of deal you can get.

Having a lazy moment. What's Superfan? I've seen that it's normal value is $99, so that's a great deal getting it for free!!

SuperFan has some really cool features.

One of them is that it lets you watch 9 games on one screen.

Another cool feature is the Red Zone channel. It jumps to games when a team is inside the 20 yard line and threatening to score.

I did a search and can't find the string, but wasn't there a phone number for DirecTV retention??? I need to get my house rewired to get signal down to my basement and I need a new HD dish. I also want to get a HD DVR on my new 61" HD DLP :D .

I'd like to have DirecTV pony up the installation costs and some or all of the receiver cost, but not sure what kind of deal I could get. I remembered a thread that was posted here a long time ago (years) about a specific DirecTV retention line, but can't find it...

Big John, can you help??? :D

I did a search and can't find the string, but wasn't there a phone number for DirecTV retention??? I need to get my house rewired to get signal down to my basement and I need a new HD dish. I also want to get a HD DVR on my new 61" HD DLP :D .

I'd like to have DirecTV pony up the installation costs and some or all of the receiver cost, but not sure what kind of deal I could get. I remembered a thread that was posted here a long time ago (years) about a specific DirecTV retention line, but can't find it...

Just call the main phone number (1-800-347-3288) and follow the voice prompts. At one point say "cancel" and that will automatically direct you to client retention.

Just call the direct tv number and when they ask who you want to talk to (automated system) just say cancel and I believe that takes you directly to customer retention. It did for me.

I've been able to get super fan for free/$120 off premium package and my last call netted me a new upgrade Hi-Def DVR and satellite dish and installation for free. ($130.00 value) I get the Hi-def package already and thats how I started off my conversation the cust serv rep had my account up and could see I am a good customer - I did have to agree to a 2 year contract extention - but I'm not going anywhere so I said yes. Hope this helps.

The upgrade in the DVR and dish was needed to get all the new hi-def channels coming this month-plus I was told that all major networks will be broadcasting in hi-def by the end of the year. Plus now I can get my locals in hi-def through the receiver as well as with my off air antenna I had to use, but it comes in handy. If satellite goes out (storm) I can still get my local stations off my off air antenna. SWEET! :wacko:

Edited by Stingers

Just call the main phone number (1-800-347-3288) and follow the voice prompts. At one point say "cancel" and that will automatically direct you to client retention.

And the special number now redirects to the main number so this is the way to go.

I think DirecTV should offer a "Season Ticket Holder's Package" for Sunday Ticket. Because 8 Sundays a year I'm at the stadium, it's hard to justify the money for the other 9 weeks. How about a discounted price that only shows the package in your market when your home team is on the road? Couldn't that be done? Wouldn't that be cool?

Just got mine also. The only difference is I used the approach that a few of my friends have gotten this deal and I'm such a good customer line. They gave me the Superfan right away but I had to work on the HDDVR. It started out they would knock the price down to 199.95, then to 99.95, and knowing I wasn't going to have any of that they said just pay the handling fee's of 19.95, deal. Thanks guys :D The only problem is I won't have the HDDVR installed until Oct. 3rd. :D

SWEET!!!!!

This is exactly what I needed / wanted to hear!!!!! :D

I don't even mind signing up for a two year contract if I can get the installation, and the newer receivers. The one's I have are literally some of the original receivers from back in the mid 90's...... :D

The best way to get a price break is to just call and say you want to cancel. No explanation. Then when they ask you why, hem and haw a bit.... then simply say you can't fit it into your budget,it's too expensive. Negotiating is all about positioning yourself up front. Make them think they lost you, no questions asked. The rep looks like a hero when they review the recorded message (yes, all of these conversations will be recorded, and the rep will be graded) The rep is a hero because he saved a customer, and you get the rock bottom price. Trust me on this one.... this is how call centers work....

Interesting note. A friend of mine over a Tivo says they have software that will Tivo all the plays of the NFL players you program in, if you have Sunday Ticket. It's only available to certain Tivo employees, but talk about an awesome perk if you're a FF geek.

Edited by yo mama

Man it is funny this thread is back up here. DTV called me tonight and offered me NFL Direct Ticket, Super Fan and some other package related to football for $199 if i signed back up.

I told them if they gave it to me for free this year I would sign back up.

I just got only direct ticket for $49.99 :D

anyone call more than once and get discounts both times. I called mid August and got Superfan for free. I already had an HD dish and 1 HD DVR and 1 standard DVR. I really want to get another HD DVR and wonder how I can get them to pony one up for me.

For those that don't have NFL Sunday ticket yet, I called today and got NFL Sunday Ticket for $9.99/mo for 4 months, plus Superfan for $99, so total for both NFL Sunday Ticket and Superfan was $140. Regular posted rate on their website is $269 for NFL Sunday Ticket plus $99 for Superfan. They also upgraded me to Premier package for free. Said it was some special they are running now.

Interesting note. A friend of mine over a Tivo says they have software that will Tivo all the plays of the NFL players you program in, if you have Sunday Ticket. It's only available to certain Tivo employees, but talk about an awesome perk if you're a FF geek.

It's available on channel 701 on my non-TiVo DirecTV HD-DVR. It looks pretty slick. Go to the channel, wait for the prompt and push the red button. Then you can enter in up to 18 players. It says it will give you an alert and keep track of those players. Pretty slick.

Hey all,

I'm getting DirecTV installed this Monday (cancelled Comsuck) and according to the CSR I spoke with while ordering it, if I say a friend referred me to DirecTV, that person and I both get $50.00 off our next month's bill. Problem is I don't know anyone with DirecTV. So if you want $50 off your next bill, (and I'll get it too), PM me your DirecTV ID/Account # and I'll call them tomorrow to get that discount since the dish isn't being installed until Monday. Apparently the ID number is like 8 or 9 digits long, and I'm guessing it on your bill, but I'm not sure as I haven't obviously gotten DirecTV yet. The CSR made a point to hammer home that to get the refund I'd need that ID number of the person that referred me, that they couldn't do it via name or anything. Hopefully this will save me and another Huddler $50.

Worked like a charm. Have had DTV for 10 years and the ticket every year it's been available. Compained and got Ticket $90, superfan free, Premium for 4 months, locals for a year and $10 off every month, 2 free DVR h-20's and new dish. Odd thing is "knock on wood" it works every year. Last year Ticket was free as with Superfan. Just get to retention and feel out until you get the right agent. Some are very cool others are new or by the book. Listen carefully to what they sound like and the mood they are in if you don't get a good vibe hang up and try someone else. Good luck but it should work everytime, I've been working it for the last 3 years now.

I just got DTV this year, signed a 2 yr. contract before I ordered the ticket :D , I called today and got them to knock $40.00 off, a little better but still ; $229.00 Ouch :D They really got you where they want, if you want to watch football you have no choice.

Edited by Front Row

I forgot to mention this but my neighbor went to cancel his yesterday and they offered him $100 off the price of the package because he told them he was getting rid of it because it cost too much.

Now your talkin', that's my kind of bargaining!

Hey all,

I'm getting DirecTV installed this Monday (cancelled Comsuck) and according to the CSR I spoke with while ordering it, if I say a friend referred me to DirecTV, that person and I both get $50.00 off our next month's bill. Problem is I don't know anyone with DirecTV. So if you want $50 off your next bill, (and I'll get it too), PM me your DirecTV ID/Account # and I'll call them tomorrow to get that discount since the dish isn't being installed until Monday. Apparently the ID number is like 8 or 9 digits long, and I'm guessing it on your bill, but I'm not sure as I haven't obviously gotten DirecTV yet. The CSR made a point to hammer home that to get the refund I'd need that ID number of the person that referred me, that they couldn't do it via name or anything. Hopefully this will save me and another Huddler $50.

I sent you a pm with my number! Hope you can use it. :D