[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Henry possibly in trouble...AGAIN

irish

Bengals WR Chris Henry is

possibly in trouble again. This is important because as you know, his career is on

very thin ice given his past troubles.

Here is the story from WCPO Channel 9.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?...d4-0c676af92d8d

Clipped from the Lynn Giroud article:

Bengals' wide-receiver Chris Henry is accused of breaking the law again.

9News has learned that Florence police interviewed Henry, along with Bengal Reggie

McNeal on Tuesday.

The two football pros may have been involved in assaulting a 16-year-old boy.

The family of the victim shared their story exclusively with 9News Tuesday night.

They talked off-camera because they say they're not ready to publicly show their

faces.

But they are angry, alleging that Bengals players Chris Henry, along with a few

others, beat the 16-year-old so severely that he had to be treated at the hospital

for his injuries.

Bengals' wide-receiver Chris Henry is accused of breaking the law again.

9News has learned that Florence police interviewed Henry, along with Bengal Reggie

McNeal on Tuesday.

The two football pros may have been involved in assaulting a 16-year-old boy.

The family of the victim shared their story exclusively with 9News Tuesday night.

They talked off-camera because they say they're not ready to publicly show their

faces.

But they are angry, alleging that Bengals players Chris Henry, along with a few

others, beat the 16-year-old so severely that he had to be treated at the hospital for his injuries.

"It's very obvious," said Captain Linny Cloyd, of the Florence police department.

"I've seen the young man. There's no doubt he was assaulted. At this point we're

still trying to figure out who is who – where they were."

Police say the 16-year-old and an 18-year-old friend were walking along

Wetherington Boulevard near Mt. Zion Road just after 11 p.m. Friday night when,

they say a black Navigator or Escalade pulled up next to them.

According to the police report, a white male jumped out and started punching the

16-year-old in the face.

"From that, the victim tells us another gentleman got out of the vehicle the same

vehicle and in their attempt to get away, was shoved to the ground by this African

American gentleman," said Cloyd.

The teen identified that man as Bengals receiver Chris Henry, and says receiver

Reggie McNeill was also in the vehicle.

The teen also alleges that they were throwing beer bottles at him as he tried to

run away.

"Go away, we don't want to talk to you."

9News tried to talk to Chris Henry Tuesday night, but no one at his house wanted

to talk to us.

Henry lives just a few blocks away from where police say the assault happened.

The victim's family tells 9News that the teen knows Henry and knows his vehicle

because he lives in the neighborhood and was friends with Henry's younger brother.

Police questioned Henry Tuesday afternoon and are taking this allegation very

seriously.

"We have been in contact with Mr. Henry and Mr. McNeal as to their whereabouts,"

said Capt. Cloyd. "They deny being in the area, or knowing this gentleman."

Police say they are still following leads and their investigation is on-going.

As for Chris Henry, he's been arrested four times in the past year-and-a-half for

Josh Gordon and gun charges, drunk driving and providing alcohol to female minors.

His run-ins with the law got him an eight-game, unpaid suspension this upcoming

season.

If these allegation are true, this could spell the end of Chris Henry's career.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said that Henry would be banished for life if

there were any more mis-steps.

Stay tuned to this one as you know how the last story about Chris Henry failing a

drug test turned out. And it's very important to understand that being accused of

a crime absolutely does not mean he committed any crime. But clearly, it's something

the Bengals would rather not see.

Again, this is important as Henry's career could be hanging in the balance here.

I posted this right as Tonyr was so, do as you wish with it.

Link

Y'gotta be quicker on the draw :D:tup:

I posted this right as Tonyr was so, do as you wish with it.

Yeah already noticed as you can see. I looked on the board nothing here about it, so I post about it and bang. :D

If Chris Henry is involved in any way whatsoever (even to the small extent that he might have only been a passenger in the vehicle of the person who committed the assault) then he absolutely deserves a lifetime banishment from the NFL for his unfathomable stupidity.

Have fun up in the CFL making a mere fraction of what you could have made for you and your family if you weren't so willfully retarded.

Yeah already noticed as you can see. I looked on the board nothing here about it, so I post about it and bang. :D

Yeah, saw that...just some friendly jabbing. Don't worry, I'll not put you on my ignore list (although it seems popular to do :D )

Police say the 16-year-old and an 18-year-old friend were walking along Wetherington Boulevard near Mt. Zion Road just after 11 p.m. Friday night when, they say a black Navigator or Escalade pulled up next to them.

According to the police report, a white male jumped out and started punching the 16-year-old in the face.

This just sounds weird. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is more to the situation then what is being told. It doesn't excuse the fact that it happened and whoever really did do it should be punished. But I just can't imagine that Henry et al were just driving down the road and decided, "Hey look, lets go beat the crap out of them."

Yeah, saw that...just some friendly jabbing. Don't worry, I'll not put you on my ignore list (although it seems popular to do :tup: )

:D Thanks, I know you're joking but those are the days I prefer to forget and leave in the past. Reliving them pretty much sucks, especially as I've turned over a new leaf. :D

Thank you, Chris Henry. That WW addition of Tab Perry is looking better & better all the time.

I would expect this move from such a savvy FF owner.

This just sounds weird. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is more to the situation then what is being told. It doesn't excuse the fact that it happened and whoever really did do it should be punished. But I just can't imagine that Henry et al were just driving down the road and decided, "Hey look, lets go beat the crap out of them."

I've heard drugs and alcohol can impair your decision making abilities...

Unfounded, not innocent.

Unfounded means there is no evidence to support the claim, but doesn't say whether the incident occurred or not.

So am I to assume that this incident could be revisited at a later date?

Probably not. But for Henry to even be mentioned is just amazing. He should know that he is under the microscope and that anything he does will be noticed. I am surprised we do not get Paris Hilton type reporting on his where-a-bouts. This guy needs to walk away from everything no matter what the situation is.

Probably not. But for Henry to even be mentioned is just amazing. He should know that he is under the microscope and that anything he does will be noticed. I am surprised we do not get Paris Hilton type reporting on his where-a-bouts. This guy needs to walk away from everything no matter what the situation is.

Thing of it is when you put yourself in the position he and Pacman have put themselves in they will be mentioned often when something bad happens! Just like anyone else with a bad reputation. The first ones the cops want to talk to when something happens. Vick is rapidly approaching that status as well!

It's not a legal term of art. It means there is no basis to the claim. "Claims that spain is a heterosexual are unfounded."

Doggy is furiously typing and probably has something good ...

I feel I let you down, Misfit.

:D

Doesn't it seem just a little strange that in the last week O Thurman was accused of something and everything got dropped and now Chris Henry. Could it be that people are trying to set-up these players for blackmail type situation? They cry wolf and then for a price - everything falls apart? I know these men are idiots in the first place to get into the situation they are - but the timing and the same sort of outcome is a little strange. :D

Just heard on the radio the police are suspending their investigation and will not be charging Henry. No link right now.

Edit to add link.

FLORENCE – Bengals Chris Henry and Reggie McNeal were cleared today of any involvement in a roadside altercation which left a teenage boy with a black eye earlier this month.

Florence Police called a press conference to say the two were not suspects. Investigators have identified two 21-year-old Florence residents as suspects, Florence Police Capt. Linny Cloyd said Friday. He refused to release the suspects’ names.

Cloyd said investigators were asked to leave the teenager’s home on Wednesday as they attempted to clarify “discrepancies” in his accounts of the assault.

Henry and McNeal’s names only became public after the teenager called a local television station last week to tell his story, Cloyd said.

Henry and McNeal are cooperating with investigators. Cloyd said the pair told detectives there were somewhere else when the assault took place. Investigators have not been able to verify that, Cloyd said.

The teenager told investigators that he was walking down the road with a friend when a black Cadillac Escalade pulled up and a man jumped out of a passenger-side door and asked them if they knew someone. When the teens said they were not the person he was looking for, the driver punched the teenager.

Cloyd said the teen alleges that a second man stepped out of the driver’s side door and pushed him to the ground. Investigators reported the teen had bruising around the eye, but Cloyd wasn’t sure if he received any medical treatment.

The assault allegedly happened shortly after 11 p.m. June 8 at Wetherington Boulevard and Mt. Zion Road.

When investigators spoke with the teen the next day, the boy handed them a computer printout of Henry’s picture downloaded from the Internet and said that was one of the men who attacked him, Cloyd said.

He isn’t sure how the teenage fingered the wrong person in the assault because the teenager and his family “abruptly” stopped cooperating with police.

Cloyd said the teenager would not be charged with filing a false report because investigators confirmed an assault took place.

Edited by The Misfit