[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New WOK

gbpfan1231

I don't have any recipes off of the top of my head but I've cooked the crap out of my wok. There is one dish that I do quite often, sesame seed encrusted prawns but it has 50 million ingredients. I've also made a nice lemongrass/ chicken/ Sega!ake mushroom soup with the wok.

Jesus christ, you can't say manureake here. :D

Edited by twiley

pretty quick and easy...... i need to run out...will add more later

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 scallions, chopped (1/4 cup)

2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

1 (8-oz) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and coarsely chopped

1/4 cup bottled hoisin sauce (i like Lee Kum Kee)

1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon rice vinegar (not seasoned)

1/2 cup pine nuts (2 1/2 oz)

12 large red- or green-leaf lettuce leaves

Heat a wok or a 12-inch heavy skillet (not nonstick) over moderately high heat until just smoking, then add oil. Add ginger, salt, and 2 tablespoons scallions and stir-fry until ginger is fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add water chestnuts, hoisin sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and pine nuts and stir-fry until heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons scallions.

Have guests serve themselves by spooning chicken mixture into lettuce leaves and wrapping leaves around filling to enclose.

Edited by Bier Meister

I don't have any recipes off of the top of my head but I've cooked the crap out of my wok. There is one dish that I do quite often, sesame seed encrusted prawns but it has 50 million ingredients. I've also made a nice lemongrass/ chicken/ Sega!ake mushroom soup with the wok.

Jesus christ, you can't say manureake here. :D

I would like to pound the Sega!ake out of your avi. :D

I just got a new wok - one of the nice seasoned ones.

I don't have any good recipes for the virgin voyage. Any suggestions?

A couple of things. If this is a non-stick or stainless steel wok, ignore these suggestions. If this is an iron wok then you need to work on the seasoning every time you use it.

Always use peanut oil when wokking. It has a higher smoke point than other oils. This becomes important when you crank the heat.

You should wash your wok with hot water and bamboo brush. Use dish detregent sparingly as it can break down your seasoning. You cannot properly dry your wok without applying heat to it. The method I use is to dry with a paper towel and place over a burner for a minute or so. Then, apply a very light coat of peanut oil over the entire inner surface of the wok for storage with another paper towel.

Before adding any ingredients to the wok, you should always heat it up. I put mine over high heat until the oil there starts to smoke. This not only kills off any unwanted bacteria but it also reinforces the seasoning.

Chicken with Dried Chili Peppers

1 lb chicken cut into cubes

1 cup green onion (scallion) sliced very thinly

1/2 cup dried peppers cut into 1" lengths - I like to use 4 New Mexico Red or Anahiem peppers for flavor and 4 little Thai or de Arbol peppers for heat. I cut the heat peppers into small pieces about 1/4" in length.

5 tbs Peanut Oil

(A)

2 tbs soy sauce

2 tbs rice wine - I use sake instead of Chinese cooking wine which can be a bit salty

2 tbs corn starch

(:D

2 tsp rice wine

2 tsp rice vinegar

2 tsp corn starch

2 tbs sugar

5 tbs water

5 tbs soy sauce

Marinate chicken in mixture (A)

Prepare mixture (:D

Heat peanut oil in a pre-heated wok. Turn heat to medium. Stir fry peppers until browned. Turn heat to high. Add chicken asd stir fry until cooked thoroughly. Add mixture (:tup: until food is coated with sauce evenly. It will thicken up. Sprinkle with green onion before serving.

friggin smilies. That's supposed to be B

Edited by Kid Cid