[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

chowdah

Bier Meister

new england vs manhattan  

39 members have voted

1. 1. new england vs manhattan

• white
    • red

• 2 weeks later...

Manhattan Chowder reminds me too much of Spaghetti al la Putanesca (a fast, easy sardine based sauce made famous by the "working girls" of Rome made for their clients for before, after or both). OR, a warm seviche with not enough seafood. Though the clams are more subtle than sardines, and maybe a poor comparison for some, I am not a big fan of red sauces with seafood. One exception would be Pescado (fish) Veracruzano. Done right, I can consume mass quatities! The fish however, is cooked seperatley and the sauce (more resembling a warm, tomato based salsa) is added as a garnish over the fish. Yummy!

If you are ever in San Diego, try the New England (yeah I know, opposite end of the country) clam chow-duh at the Fish Market at the far north end of Seaport Village, on the bay in Downtown. I would say it is one of the top three I have ever had. I prefer to by it "to go" and eat it outside on the benches overlooking the water. You get more for your money and a huge hunk of warm, freshly baked sour dough and butter in the bag! Provecho!