[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Magazine

Danny Zuko

This info would be incorrect as I have the magazine here in my hands and they do, do a nice job with their tiering system. I also picked up the mag about 2 or 3 days ago.

Yes and no. Rotoworld/Beckett will be publishing two fantasy draft guides. You have the early edition. There will be another one coming out in July, I believe.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no. Rotoworld/Beckett will be publishing two fantasy draft guides. You have the early edition. There will be another one coming out in July, I believe.

But the first is out and it was said that it wasn't. So regardless that there's 2 mags, my point is that one is already on shelves. I just wanted to share more updated info in case people look to pick them up and thought after reading cmutts' post that Beckett's wasn't out yet that, that wasn't the case so I fixed it.

Edited by irish

Why not? It's always fun to do while passing the time prior to preseason games/mini-camps.

I didn't say that you shouldn't read any magazines or buy them. I said it shouldn't matter if a magazine uses tiering in their rankings or not since any rankings are a joke this soon in the season. Wow, I'm going to go out and buy a Rotoworld magazine because they drew a line between Peyton Manning and Bulger in the rankings. Those other magazines didn't tell me that and it's almost July. :D

I didn't say that you shouldn't read any magazines or buy them. I said it shouldn't matter if a magazine uses tiering in their rankings or not since any rankings are a joke this soon in the season. Wow, I'm going to go out and buy a Rotoworld magazine because they drew a line between Peyton Manning and Bulger in the rankings. Those other magazines didn't tell me that and it's almost July. :D

And my comment to your post stated exactly what you just said just more clearly. So I basically agree with you in that nobody should be using the mags they buy now to draft 2 months from now. And I truly think they don't, it's just that fanatics love to have something to read to pass the time.

Picked up ESPN's the other day. Not bad. In the past, I've read Fanball, PFW and Sporting News. There's a lot of Index readers here, so I may give that one a shot this year.

DMD, when do the rankings go up? 7/1?

Just went to Border's this afternoon. Their were a ton of mags on the stands now. Picked up the Fanball one and a Sporting News which was more of a team preview with 7 pages per team. Already have the Rotoworld early one and another mag coming in the mail this week. Will probably pick up the FF Index too. I'm sort of addicted to these things. :D

Just went to Border's this afternoon. Their were a ton of mags on the stands now. Picked up the Fanball one and a Sporting News which was more of a team preview with 7 pages per team. Already have the Rotoworld early one and another mag coming in the mail this week. Will probably pick up the FF Index too. I'm sort of addicted to these things. :D

You're not the only one. I feel your pain. I get so pumped when I see them out there, however, I do show some restraint as I look through them before I purchase to make sure they have their sh!t reasonably together.

A little birdy told me this guy would be in the know regarding this particle mag. :D

As a professional fantasy football owner and local commissioner I would have say, in my professional opinion that there are no fantasy football magazines out there worth owning unless that magazine comes from the infinitely superior fantasy football minds here at the huddle. I would suggest that you never purchase another worthless magazine and instead save that money to purchase this absolutely superior book entitled Fantasy "Football: The Next Level." This book is the pinnacle of fantasy football knowledge and wisdom.

Side Bar: Danny Zuko seriously after I was done reading this book [pre-order special print] I could have sworn it moved. That’s is how much knowledge is packed into this “bible” of fantasy football.

To purchase anything else would be uncivilized.

I’m Tony Sinclair and that’s my opinion on which fantasy football magazine to purchase.

This info would be incorrect as I have the magazine here in my hands and they do, do a nice job with their tiering system. I also picked up the mag about 2 or 3 days ago.

I dont understand your reply as you say that "info would be incorrect," and them make refrence to them doing a nice job?? :D:tup::D

I dont understand your reply as you say that "info would be incorrect," and then make reference to them doing a nice job?? :D:tup::D

The part about the info being incorrect refers to cmutts' post below and how he said that the Rotoworld Mag comes out in July when in fact the first drafting mag has already come out, as I have it.

The reference to them doing a good job refers to cmutts' comments about them using a tiering system and since I have their first draft copy, I was commenting on the job they did using said tiering system. The back and forth between cmutts' and I has been included below for clarification.

Do you understand now?

Becketts/Rotoworld Fantasy Football mag comes out in July. So far it is one of the few mag's that uses a tiering system to rank players. I think it is one of the better ones out there.

As a professional fantasy football owner and local commissioner I would have say, in my professional opinion that there are no fantasy football magazines out there worth owning unless that magazine comes from the infinitely superior fantasy football minds here at the huddle. I would suggest that you never purchase another worthless magazine and instead save that money to purchase this absolutely superior book entitled Fantasy "Football: The Next Level." This book is the pinnacle of fantasy football knowledge and wisdom.

Side Bar: Danny Zuko seriously after I was done reading this book [pre-order special print] I could have sworn it moved. That’s is how much knowledge is packed into this “bible” of fantasy football.

I’m Tony Sinclair and that’s my opinion on which fantasy football magazine to purchase.

Suck Up.....

The only two I ever buy is Fantasy Football Index and Pro Football Weekly. I do not think I have bought any others in years. PFW is very good with raw information and Index is just like the pulse on FF since it has been around forever. I have every Index back to 1994 I think.

I only buy Index every year since i started FF back in 94, and I have saved them all since 97. It's kinda fun to crack open that issue from 98, see the players i had circled and crossed out in my research.

Well I'm glad you're not brown-nosing or anything

:D

PS re my earlier post, I meant FantasyFootball.com, not Fanball.com, pardon

I print out alot of the Huddle content and put in a three ring binder as another print source of projections, rankings, cheatsheets, player profiles, etc. It would be cool if their were a .pdf format for this type of purpose. :D

FF Index is the best pure FF magazine--a must read. Like DMD said, they've had their pulse on the game longer than anyone else, and it shows. Each issue is jam packed with helpful analysis. They make occasional clunker picks, but who doesn't?

Athlon and Lindy's are okay NFL preview mags, but unreliable for fantasy intelligence. Street and Smith is worse on both counts. As others have pointed out, NFL.COM is also a safe pass.

Pro Football Weekly has very good stats, and the analysis in their NFL preview mag is solid, but their fantasy preview mag is not that helpful, and they haven't done much to improve the format over the years (it's getting dated).

The Sporting News NFL preview mag is also very helpful, and their FF mag has some good features, though overall their intel is not as thorough as FF Index.

FF Pro Forecast has some good articles, and the contributers have some FF acumen, but the magazine is poorly edited and has a slap dash feel. The analysis is uneven and superficial at times, too.

The Fantasy Guru is a better than average FF mag, but don't bother getting it if you subscribe to their service (they tell their subscribers this, too).

Grogan's FF mag is sparse (check out the LARGE FONTS) and not worth the money. I looked at ESPN's magazine for the first time today, and it seemed fairly helpful based on a quick skim.

Fanball.com is okay but doesn't stand out IMO. I've never read Rotoworld's FF preview for some reason.

To sum up, buy FF Index if you're getting only one, and The Sporting News and Pro Football Weekly's NFL preview mags (better than their FF previews) if you want some additional input and can afford it. ESPN and Rotoworld may also be worth buying, and Fantasy Guru is helpful if you don't subscribe to their service.

My $0.02 based on reading FF mags for 10+ years.

Edited by Big Talker

I'm suprised no one has mentioned The Sporting News. I've bought it every year for about 8 years or so now and I've found it to be, as FF rags go, quite useful. I initially bought it because as I stood in the store browsing the mags it was the first I'd ever seen at that time rank teams' OLines - something that had a huge impact on RB rankings. Again, this was 8 years ago, but at the time that was pretty blockbuster and something no other mags did.

I now I buy it every year, and it's the only one I get. While my expectations are naturally low for a FF mag, it remains worth the seven bucks or so paid. It's also not out until the July 4th weekend, so it's one of the more current ones out there.