[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Magazine

Danny Zuko

I now I buy it every year, and it's the only one I get. While my expectations are naturally low for a FF mag, it remains worth the seven bucks or so paid. It's also not out until the July 4th weekend, so it's one of the more current ones out there.

I agree it is a good one, but TSN's FF magazine has been on the shelves for more than two weeks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it is a good one, but TSN's FF magazine has been on the shelves for more than two weeks.

The Fantasy edition? This promoted me to head to my local store, where they had the Pro Football, College Big Ten, and College Big Twelve - but no fantasy. Doesn't mean it's not out yet, in past years I've just grown accustomed to not looking until July 4th weekend.

http://www.sportingnews.com/books/football/07ffom.html is the one I'm referring to.

The Fantasy edition? This promoted me to head to my local store, where they had the Pro Football, College Big Ten, and College Big Twelve - but no fantasy. Doesn't mean it's not out yet, in past years I've just grown accustomed to not looking until July 4th weekend.

http://www.sportingnews.com/books/football/07ffom.html is the one I'm referring to.

Yes...it is the Sporting News fantasy edition. LT2 is on the cover (so much for originality). It was at my local Borders more than two weeks ago and since then I have seen it at more than one Barnes & Noble and even my grocery store (Jewel). I agree with your opinion that is one of the better FF magazines. Rotowire hit the shelves with their edition this weekend and I was happy to see someone besides Tomlinson on the cover. They challenged the Madden Curse and put Vince Young front and center.

Both TSN and PFW come out with a straight NFL preview mag as well as an FF preview mag. For fantasy research purposes, I think their NFL preview mags are more helpful, especially in the case of PFW. I bought the TSN NFL preview mag the other day and am very impressed with the detail. How many other such mags provide a complete write up on every projected starting player (offense and defense) for every single team? Great stuff, especially for those doing IDP research.

Speaking of which, I checked out Rotoworld's FF preview mag today for the first time, and they also have some decent helps for IDP leaguers. The analysis is far from exhaustive, but it's better than what I'm used to finding in more prominent FF mags.

On the other hand, I recently purchased ESPN's fantasy preview mag, and I haven't found it as helpful as others are finding it to be, at least in comparison to FFI, TSN, and what I've seen in Rotoworld.

Have read thru several - whatever you do, don't buy NFL.com's :D That is unless you are and/or have the mentality of a 10 year old. Nice quality paper, plenty of pretty pictures, but weak on analysis and laughable on content. Very lightweight. Lindy's was also weak.

So far it seems to me Athlon's is the best, but that's based on only having glanced at it to date (and FF Index not out yet)....back to the bookstore soon