[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tank Johnson cut from Chicago Bears

Goopster24

Damn. I was hoping he was going to shape up.

I sincerely hope the Bears aren't the only franchise to take this hard line or all we're going to wind up doing is killing ourselves while other teams with less spine grab our rejects.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a separate issue, the Bears signed Vasher to a five-year deal. $14 million in guaranteed money. 5 year, $28 million.

:D Which probably means the end of Tillman, but my main man Vasher is HoF'er just waiting to happen.

I sincerely hope the Bears aren't the only franchise to take this hard line or all we're going to wind up doing is killing ourselves while other teams with less spine grab our rejects.

:D Because Dan Snyder and the owner of the Ravens are going to do the same 'just because.'

I'd say it's a positive for the Bears: they're showing who runs the ship, you get a chance after your cock-up but they won't take Sega! after that.

Our D Line hasn't been hurt by the Bears decision, it was hurt by Tank's decision.

:D Because Dan Snyder and the owner of the Ravens are going to do the same 'just because.'

I'd say it's a positive for the Bears: they're showing who runs the ship, you get a chance after your cock-up but they won't take Sega! after that.

Our D Line hasn't been hurt by the Bears decision, it was hurt by Tank's decision.

I'm not arguing about whether the Bears are right or not, they clearly are. I'm just saying that if the Bears are the only ones to take this line, other teams will benefit from the Bears moral crusade.

:D Which probably means the end of Tillman, but my main man Vasher is HoF'er just waiting to happen.

I talked to the Bears beat reporter for ESPN 1000 and he said that now they have Vasher in the books he thinks they will go after Tillman and should come up with a deal for him too.

I'm not arguing about whether the Bears are right or not, they clearly are. I'm just saying that if the Bears are the only ones to take this line, other teams will benefit from the Bears moral crusade.

I can gurantee the Bears aren't the only one. Tim Ruskell has been drafting players based on how likely they are to fit in at his country club for the past 3 years.

yeah, leaving loaded weapons without trigger locks around toddlers and in reach is harmless right? :D didn't have a piece of paper huh? crack some more smoke and come back later. guy was an idiot in college and became more of an idiot when he got some cash in his pockets :D

Find me somewhere that says that Tank had his guns "without trigger locks." He didn't have them registered according to Illinois laws, but had them right with Arizona. His fault, I KNOW.

Don't get me wrong, I support the Bears decision for the most part to let him go. But people are acting like he is the worst man in the NFL all of a sudden. There are plenty of others who I would call "turd" or "scums" or "felons" before Terry "Tank" Johnson. He is still an idiot though.

hmm... perhaps the Falcons will pick him up. I don't think they have a problem with felons.

Tank was cut for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone at 3:30 a.m. Is that a crime these days?

Is that a trick question? :D

I tell you what...if I was on probation for an illegal weapons charge, and my career hinged on my staying completely "clean" in regards to the law, I'd be driving 15 in a 25...and I'd be safely tucked away in my bed well before 3:30AM.

The guy is a fektard, plain and simple...

You just may be right about that.

People might scoff, but his INT rate is right on target with Woodson's for instance - and he wasn't a starter until halfway through his rookie year.

PLUS - he's from UT, and lined up against Roy Williams in practice for at least 2 seasons.

If he was in fact intoxicated, I'm on board with you, but he was released without being booked or charged and it seems like they took his blood on a reach. And why was he not supposed to be out that late? He's an adult. How does that have anything to do with anything?

For a first timer, I think any organization would have at least waited until the blood test results came back before acting on it in any way. However it wasn't Tank's first run in with the law. It wasn't his second time either. He was under the scrutiny of many sets of eyes and was becoming an embarassment to the franchise and the league. The Bears already lost him for 1/2 the season and being pulled over won't short that suspension any but could extend it. He was having a detrimental affect overall for the franchise and the Bears just decided to cut their losses now, regardless of if he ever gets charged (or even convicted) of the latest offense. I just wish the Titans and Bengals can follow the example that the Bears set and do something about the other problem players lately.

How many times do I need to argue this? It is stupid to argue but here it goes. Pacman has been involved in ten separate off the field incidents. Chris Henry was involved in two felonies and a misdemeanor. Tank has two misdemeanors and went to jail because he didn't have a piece of paper. Pacmanhas been charged with coercion, which is a serious offense. How can one compare the people involved with these three suspensions? Honestly.

Frankly, you should table this argument until after all legal proceedings are finished against both Pacman and henry. Only then can you gauge how the punishments compare to crimes charged.Tank got his wrapped up first, but these guys are still 'in process.'

But people are acting like he is the worst man in the NFL all of a sudden.

I wouldn't go that far Goop. He's the hot topic right now and everyone is weighing in. He should have been more responsible, given the situation he put himself in. Thug Jones and Thug Vick are still going to wind up as the posterboys in the "how not to act" crusade of the NFL. Which I applaud, BTW.

As for Leonard Little, he should be thankful he didn't commit vehicular homicide uncer Commissioner Goodell's reign. He'd have been kicked out forever.

People might scoff, but his INT rate is right on target with Woodson's for instance - and he wasn't a starter until halfway through his rookie year.

PLUS - he's from UT, and lined up against Roy Williams in practice for at least 2 seasons.

I've always thought that Tillman was overrated, but that Vasher was the real deal. He doesn't get the props that he deserves.

I've always thought that Tillman was overrated, but that Vasher was the real deal. He doesn't get the props that he deserves.

Tillman had that nice "I'm a rookie who just punked Randy Moss in the end zone" his rookie year, but his nickname for me is "toast' he gets burned so much.

Tank is another POS NFL player from the ghetto who can't handle dealing with normal society when he gets tons of money.

These guys need to ditch there old hood buddies and try to live a normal life and fit into normal society as opposed to using all this money hanging out with the posse and getting in trouble.

I hope no team picks him up (never happen) and he ends up broke and can someday look and back and realize how much of an idiot he was (never happen).

Tillman had that nice "I'm a rookie who just punked Randy Moss in the end zone" his rookie year, but his nickname for me is "toast' he gets burned so much.

Sorry Pope...I believe I own the eternal rights to that nickname. Never defensed a pass, never picked one off and watched many a receiver celebrate a TD at my expense... :D

Tank is another POS NFL player from the ghetto who can't handle dealing with normal society when he gets tons of money.

These guys need to ditch there old hood buddies and try to live a normal life and fit into normal society as opposed to using all this money hanging out with the posse and getting in trouble.

I hope no team picks him up (never happen) and he ends up broke and can someday look and back and realize how much of an idiot he was (never happen).

Yeah, Tempe is really the ghetto of all places. :D

I agree but like it or not, Tillman is the No. 1 cornerback on this team as long as he is there. They will resign him.

Yeah, Tempe is really the ghetto of all places. :D

Tempe has nothing to do with it. That is where he was busted not where he came from and grew up. Actually Tempe has a lot to do with it. He continues to act like a ghetto dude when not in the ghetto. I am guessing going 45 in a 25 at 3:30AM in Compton/Caprini Green won't get you pulled over but in Tempe it will.

Look at Pacman, Chris henry, Tank, .... They all came from the ghetto and still hang with the "homeboys" from the ghetto. They can't handle being "normal" people in a normal place with the way they grew up without changing the lifestyle they grew up with.

I agree but like it or not, Tillman is the No. 1 cornerback on this team as long as he is there. They will resign him.

No way is he the #1. They nickled him a lot last year, if I'm not mistaken. Given the strength of slot WRs these days I think he's suited for that just fine.

And he frankly can't carry Vasher's jock.

Tempe has nothing to do with it. That is where he was busted not where he came from and grew up. Actually Tempe has a lot to do with it. He continues to act like a ghetto dude when not in the ghetto. I am guessing going 45 in a 25 at 3:30AM in Compton/Caprini Green won't get you pulled over but in Tempe it will.

Look at Pacman, Chris henry, Tank, .... They all came from the ghetto and still hang with the "homeboys" from the ghetto. They can't handle being "normal" people in a normal place with the way they grew up without changing the lifestyle they grew up with.

Um, he grew up there. :D

Tank's high school

No way is he the #1. They nickled him a lot last year, if I'm not mistaken. Given the strength of slot WRs these days I think he's suited for that just fine.

And he frankly can't carry Vasher's jock.

What are you talking about? Tillman lined up against the number one wide outs all season basically. We found out that Ricky Manning is no more than a slot coverer. Tillman was the No. 1 corner and he will continue for the short time. I agree Vasher is and will be ten times the player.