[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Jacobs

Dade

I can't remember the last time I've seen a guy with such a range in predictions. Some see him as a top 15 type back, while others don't see him being the starter all season. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Hell, there were actually people who thought the Giants drafted him to play DE. It's pretty obvious that a lot of people have not seen him play much and based their opinions on his size & weight only.

Hell, there were actually people who thought the Giants drafted him to play DE. It's pretty obvious that a lot of people have not seen him play much and based their opinions on his size & weight only.

Agreed, as an owner, I'm not too worried about an upright running style. It might take some time, since he is used to running that way, but, he can be trained to run lower to the ground. I think the guy's potential is hugh. To be that size and have that kind of speed and athleticism brings a lot of potential. However, he has yet to prove that he can handle the #1 RB role, so, I do understand people's skepticism.

Edited by Menudo

Agreed, as an owner, I'm not too worried about an upright running style. It might take some time, since he is used to running that way, but, he can be trained to run lower to the ground. I think the guy's potential is hugh. To be that size and have that kind of speed and athleticism brings a lot of potential. However, he has yet to prove that he can handle the #1 RB role, so, I do understand people skepticism.

I agree. He's the prefect high risk high reward type of player that I would go after as my 2nd or 3rd RB depending on how large the league is.

Game planning for Jacobs will be much easier then planning for Tiki, I can tell you that for sure. Tiki made a lot of people miss and in very tight spaces. I just don't see Jacobs being able to do that one on one in the hole. He may run over a guy or two for 5 or 6 but not for 50 like Tiki, and not without absorbing some punishment.

Planning for Tiki and Jacobs are two different things, I'll give you that. One being easier than the other? Yeah, I guess you're right, if a defence is allowed to put up cement walls it'll be much easier. I think Jacobs will pan out to be a good back. My only question is endurance and that has yet to be determined. His couple of funbles, you needed to see the hits before you talk. He needs to carry the ball higher near the chest and that can be rectified. If he gets only five or six yards instead of 50, that's just fine. Second and five or four is just fine with me.

Goal line absolutely but how much goal line action will he see with Eli at the helm.

Not sure but, I think he had one or two last year with Eli at the helm.

Agreed, as an owner, I'm not too worried about an upright running style. It might take some time, since he is used to running that way, but, he can be trained to run lower to the ground. I think the guy's potential is hugh. To be that size and have that kind of speed and athleticism brings a lot of potential. However, he has yet to prove that he can handle the #1 RB role, so, I do understand people skepticism.

They were saying that about SJax last year too. He isn't the same back but some big backs have succeeded in the past.

I was speaking from the perspective of a fantasy owner, not the Giants brass...

Understood, I think it's farily difficult to project Jacob's performance this year. As a fantasy owner, until Jacobs proves what he can or can't do, I'm putting more weight on what the Giants brass thinks relative to the prespective of fantasy owners. :D