[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle

Dade

I have used the huddle the past 3 fantasy years as my fantasy info source. My huddle secret is out and starting last year everybody in the league used it or refered to it one way or another. At least 6 out of the 10 owners were using the huddle's cheat sheet during our draft, and throughout the season the huddle was used for trades, smack talk, and player starts. Using the Huddle as your reason for doing something starting becoming looked down upon in a sense. As bitter owners would just blame all of the success on the huddle and not the real fantasy owner. One of the biggest disses a player in my fantasy league can give to another player is, "The huddle did that..." I was just wondering to all of the huddle users out there....How much does the Huddle come into play in your fantasy leagues and do you guys feel pressured into making moves based on the huddle's opinion even if you disagree with it.

Try being in a local draft whenever everyone has your exact cheatsheet and knows exactly what you think about every player. Or when you pick a player they show you the cheatsheet and asked why you skipped player x.

Try being in a local draft whenever everyone has your exact cheatsheet and knows exactly what you think about every player. Or when you pick a player they show you the cheatsheet and asked why you skipped player x.

That's rich. :D:D

exactly...just because I rank a player at a certain spot doesn't mean I like that player more than another player...

it just means his value is higher...

I draft the team that I want to put together....

to come with rankings is one thing, but drafting a decent team is another...and then you have management for your underachievers...

I knew there was a reason for the William Green type picks. To throw off your local leaguemates. :D

I like reading the huddle as well as several other sites to see what insights they might have. However, drafting, in-season moves, etc are really gut decisions I alone must make after reading opinions from these sites. So in the end when I win a league the majority of the reason I did so is because of my instincts as I'm sure is the case with many others. :D

Reading The Huddle for intelligent banter is like reading Penthouse for the articles. The rankings, stats, and breaking news are the "photos" in this girlie mag -- with the cheatsheets being the centerfold. That having been said, proper application of the data is as rare as a PH reader actually dating a woman worth photographing.

Given the inherent potential to screw up the application of everything one would ever need to know to dominate a league (mind you that free leagues suck), one of my munchkins functions as our "Assistant General Manager for Random Decision Making" to make us a bit less predictable.

I use the Huddle and other rankings as a tool to come up w/ my own custom rankings. I never use a cheat sheet from a web site. I have my own cheat sheet that I come up with. And I would never make a move b/c the Huddle said I should if I didn't believe it was the right move for my team.

I don't get it ...idea is to draft best team possible , start best line up possible week in and week out and then make best moves along course of the season to help you win ...every player in any league should try and do this ...what does it matter where the info comes from especially if it can be made available to all should they choose to go through huddle or whatever ...anyone who complains about someone using the huddle should actually be the one ridiculed ...what was their purpose for joining the league , to guess their way through the season ?? ..huddle offers a great deal of info and knowledge ...power to those who use it and whatever tools help them win and shame on those that don't and complain about it

I don't get it ...idea is to draft best team possible , start best line up possible week in and week out and then make best moves along course of the season to help you win ...every player in any league should try and do this ...what does it matter where the info comes from especially if it can be made available to all should they choose to go through huddle or whatever ...anyone who complains about someone using the huddle should actually be the one ridiculed ...what was their purpose for joining the league , to guess their way through the season ?? ..huddle offers a great deal of info and knowledge ...power to those who use it and whatever tools help them win and shame on those that don't and complain about it

suck up. Wipe that stuff off your chin, would ya'?

I find the huddle to be equal to none in Fantasy football. Therefore when the huddle secret leaked out to a few owners in my league, well lets just say that those 3 suit cases they found in the bay with the body parts ealier this year.........well....you get the picture......

Oddly enough, two other people in my local know about the Huddle but they disdain it for other sites. Neither have won this league. Go figure. :D

I call it footballguys. That is one way to throw them off.

Great site!!

I couldn't agree more! You have to use every weapon at your disposal and the Huddle is my seceret weapon. As fas as I know only one other owner in my local uses the Huddle and I hope he doesn't tell everyone about it.

Sorry DMD, thats propably not so good for your sales, but the compitions is tough enough as it is.