[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Future Hall Of Famers

keggerz

So just curious who on your homer team you think is a Lock for the HOF or has a shot at it(current rostered players not retired ones)

For the Birds I think that McNabb and Dawkins have a shot but neither are a lock

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNabb is a lock

would like to see it but i think a ring makes him a lock, without it there will always be doubters

but fwiw that coming from a cowpoke fan it truly is a compliment

Edited by keggerz

would like to see it but i think a ring makes him a lock, without it there will always be doubters

but fwiw that coming from a cowpoke fan it truly is a complement

He took his team to how many NFC Champ games in a row. and 1 Sb. With nothing around him on offense for most of that time. He will be remembered as a 1 man offense for many of those solid yrs Philly had. I cant believe Im defending a bird to a birds fan.

He took his team to how many NFC Champ games in a row. and 1 Sb. With nothing around him on offense for most of that time. He will be remembered as a 1 man offense for many of those solid yrs Philly had. I cant believe Im defending a bird to a birds fan.

quoted for posterity :D

Westbrook?

Westbrook wasnt a playmaker for most of those yrs. It wasnt until 2-3 yrs ago that Westy burst onto the scene.

Westbrook had 279 total yards as a rookie in 2002

Westbrook had 945 total yards as a 2nd yr player in 2003

Westbrook was a finally a key contributor in 2004 the SB yr, with 1500 total yards.

2005, Philly didnt make the playoffs

2006, Philly didnt make the NFC Champ game

Im referring to the glory years for Philly, and Westbrook was only a contributor for one of those yrs, 2004, the same season Philly had TO as well around McNabb.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Deon Sanders will go.

Daryl Johnston should go, and has an outside chance, but not many full backs make the hall.

T.O. maybe, but if he goes he will probably go as a 49er.

Larry Allen will go, and though he no longer plays for the boys, he will go as a Cowboy.

Deon Sanders will go.

Daryl Johnston should go, and has an outside chance, but not many full backs make the hall.

T.O. maybe, but if he goes he will probably go as a 49er.

Larry Allen will go, and though he no longer plays for the boys, he will go as a Cowboy.

Great list, aside from 3 of the 4 not playing for Dallas anymore. And 2 of them not playing at all. :D

Westbrook wasnt a playmaker for most of those yrs. It wasnt until 2-3 yrs ago that Westy burst onto the scene.

Westbrook has been their playmaker since his second season in the league. The Eagles did have a lot of success before he got there, but Staley wasn't horrible either.

Peyton and Marvin are lead-pipe locks. It'd be tough to keep Vinatieri out as well.

Reggie might have a shot if he continues to play at a high level into his mid-30's. But the odds are against him. Tarik Glenn might have an outside shot if the latter third of his career goes really well, but I don't consider him a HOF-worthy OT at this point. Unfortunately, being in Arizona will destroy any chance that Edge may have had.

Westbrook has been their playmaker since his second season in the league. The Eagles did have a lot of success before he got there, but Staley wasn't horrible either.

see above, and the stats in the link provided.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=3619

Westbrook has only been in the league 5 yrs, the past 2 are not the glory yrs Im referring to, a missed playoff berth and loss in div round. Im discussing the NFC Champ game years, and Westy was only a factor in one of those seasons. 2004, when Philly also had TO.

I hardly call this a important cog to the 2003 season, do you?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/game...=5977&year=2003

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Interesting fact about mcNabb

Donovan McNabb became alegitimate MVP candidate (he finished 2nd in AP voting to Rams RB Marshall Faulk). McNabb accounted for 74.6%

of the team’s total net yards.

Philly was 11-5 in 2000

Philly in 2001 went to the NFC Champ game

Philly in 2002 went to the NFC Champ game - westbrook was drafted and had 279 total yds.

Philly in 2003 went to the NFC Champ game - westbrook had 900 total yds.

Westbrook had very little to do with any of this success.

Thus McNabb carried this team for years by himself on offense.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Peyton and Marvin are lead-pipe locks. It'd be tough to keep Vinatieri out as well.

Reggie might have a shot if he continues to play at a high level into his mid-30's. But the odds are against him. Tarik Glenn might have an outside shot if the latter third of his career goes really well, but I don't consider him a HOF-worthy OT at this point. Unfortunately, being in Arizona will destroy any chance that Edge may have had.

? Why are odds against Wayne and how is Glenn not a shoe-in (PS he already well into his "latter third" to say the least). I think EJ will sneak in too somehow.

In all fairness, Vinatieri should go in as a Pat. The only way it's even debatable is if he's with the the Colts at least 4-5 yrs more and they get at least one more ring, IMO.

? Why are odds against Wayne and how is Glenn not a shoe-in (PS he already well into his "latter third" to say the least). I think EJ will sneak in too somehow.

Glenn is on the same level as Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, and Jonathan Ogden? I don't agree.

Wayne has never really dominated, so that's why I say that the odds are against him. If he shines without Marvin and is big in the playoffs for years to come, he might have a decent shot.

No way Edge gets in with Marshall Faulk, Curtis Martin, Bettis, Alexander, and LT being his peers.

In all fairness, Vinatieri should go in as a Pat.

Absolutely. I only brought up his name because he's currently on the Colts roster.

Edited by Bill Swerski

being in Arizona will destroy any chance that Edge may have had.

I dunno, he looked good at the end of last year - if Whiz rides him into the sunset, he could have a similar late-career arc to the Bus (which took a borderline guy and made him a pretty likely inductee). Edge is over 10k yds and top 20 in rushing yds, and top 50 in total tds - where a couple-3 solid years can get him into the top 25.

If he has a few more solid seasons (1000-1200 yds, 8-10 tds), he can be a VERY strong candidate.

Brady

Moss- Can't believe I'm even saying this. And I'm not sure he's a lock yet. Needs one or two very productive seasons in town to secure a spot, imo.

Harisson

Seau

That's about it for current players. But I don't think there's much debate as to what team Vinatieri goes in with. And maybe Ty Law :D ?