[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Future Hall Of Famers

keggerz

Honestly, I don't see McNabb going to the HOF unless he wins a ring.

Dawkins is the only lock on the team right now.

Lito could possibly make it, if he continues on playing at a Pro Bowl level.

A guy to keep your eye on: Shawn Andrews. At this point, obviously it's premature, but I think he be our Larry Allen.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but playing DE is about more than just sacks

Derrick...........................Thomas............................

. :D

Listed as a LB, but we all know he played both (DE and LB) extremely well.

Bettis will get in.

Faneca has a good shot.

Ward has a decent shot (The Super Bowl MVP will help)

Polamalu, if he stays healthy, will be a HOF'er, but, it is too early to say that now.

Cowher will get in.

That is all. I think some of you, especially Urlacher Is God, need to realize how difficult it is to make the Hall. Ask Art Monk.

When Bettis gets inducted, I will be making my first trip to Canton.

Nod. Faneca will go as a Cardinal. Ward's chances are 50-50. Polamalu will need to produce consistently to make it (as he sometimes disappears in games) but I think he can be a HoF'er. If the Steelers ever use Heath Miller, he has potential to be great. Sadly, thus far we have had glimpses. HoF for Miller? Hardly at this point. But if the predictions of some knowlegdeable insiders holds true, he will see the ball more often, and if he can stay healthy for a long career, could make a run for it. MUCH too early to tell, but he certainly seems to have the talent.

Edited by Ruffian

Nod. Faneca will go as a Cardinal. Ward's chances are 50-50. Polamalu will need to produce consistently to make it (as he sometimes disappears in games) but I think he can be a HoF'er. If the Steelers ever use Heath Miller, he has potential to be great. Sadly, thus far we have had glimpses. HoF for Miller? Hardly at this point. But if the predictions of some knowlegdeable insiders holds true, he will see the ball more often, and if he can stay healthy for a long career, could make a run for it. MUCH too early to tell, but he certainly seems to have the talent.

Great post. Anyone who watches the Steelers consistently, knows the potential that Heath Miller has. I was angered several times last year when he didn't seem to be used in certain games. When the ball is thrown his way, he catches it, and is hard to bring down. I'm guessing that the new coaches have watched more film than me, and have seen the same thing. He could be a great TE sleeper this year.

(4) Rod Smith on the bubble? I don't think that he has a shot. Like Jimmy Smith, he had a couple standout seasons, but just doesn't have the overall numbers or massive playoff success to overcome the lack of numbers. WRs who played in that era are going to need to have Isaac Bruce's numbers or better to get in, IMO.

you may be right. but how many WRs from his era were true team leaders on a number of playoff-caliber teams? and how many have two super bowl rings? i doubt he gets in, but i do think he deserves some fairly serious consideration.

you may be right. but how many WRs from his era were true team leaders on a number of playoff-caliber teams? and how many have two super bowl rings? i doubt he gets in, but i do think he deserves some fairly serious consideration.

Oh, I absolutely agree that he should be considered (as should Jimmy Smith). Also agreed that Smith's character and leadership (and two rings) score him bonus points.

champ bailey is a lock.

tom nalen should be.

lynch has a decent shot.

rod smith has a slim shot.

i won't bother speculating with younger players, that seems kinda foolish to me.

Great calls. I like Rod Smith, and I think he may even be deserving, but he may be overlooked but many because he wasn't known for being a deep threat or a game breaker. He has been overshadowed by the team running game (and rightfully so as that system has been a producer for quite a long time) which hurts him as well. During his time in Denver, it's been about the run.

The problem with Smith (and Jimmy Smith) is that due to the tightening of pass interference rules, by the time they are eligible they will be below scads of WRs production-wise. And they'll be shut out. Much like Art Monk, Gary Clark, and Henry Ellard's chances continue to diminish every year.

if you guys are all gonna do your "on pace" prospects, I suppose I'll throw in a few guys with outside shots:

Lofa Tatupu

Darn, can't think of any others. Julian Peterson is having a nice career but doesn't specialize enough to stand out.

Still haven't seen Reggie Williams floated around here. just a thought.