[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

cbs improvements........

dmarc117

That would be fine but I'm pretty sure that Sportsline chokes on the draft because we draft 1 1/2 weeks before the season starts. Which is when everyone else is drafting and their servers are too overloaded. I'm sure MFL's draft functions with any issues now but the question is when it is 1-2 weeks before the season and everyone is trying to draft, can their servers handle it?

As I've said, we've been using MFL for years, I've been in 6 leagues that have used MFL dating back to 2002 & have never had one single problem, nor have we ever heard of anyone else having any problems with their drafts.

That is incredible !!!!! Is there a way to copy someone's site to your site ? :D

If I could set-up something similar, I might be able to sway my leaguemates to MFL.... (We are currently on RTSports, which isn't bad)

Not sure, but I'm going to try to find out.

Not sure, but I'm going to try to find out.

Looked around that site some more and all I can say is WOW !!!! The team sites, the record books, etc. That is the best I've ever seen, and I would love to join that league.

As I've said, we've been using MFL for years, I've been in 6 leagues that have used MFL dating back to 2002 & have never had one single problem, nor have we ever heard of anyone else having any problems with their drafts.

That is good to know that if I push for MFL that they will not let me down.

Forgive me because I guess I am the minority "noob" here, but my league has been running CBSSL successfully for 3 years now. We've had almost no problems, and the features/customizable elements that are being discussed all appear to available on CBSSL too. We have record books, a very customizable home page, news features, extensive stats, tickers, etc.

We run a live draft every year, which may account for some avoided frustrations with the online drafting room. What's nice is that they actually gave us 50% off this year as a result, even though we never experienced any problems. Part of the problem might truly be the popularity of CBSSL - keep in mind that as people transition to MFL, they may also experience some growing pains (overloaded servers).

I do have some questions though, talking about features. One thing I love about CBSSL is the auction solution for Free Agents. No longer is it first come first serve, or oddly determined waiver priority - we now can bid on FAs for a bi-weekly auctions with a $100 purse (not real money of course). Is that on MFL as well? What does MFL have that CBS does not? To be honest, I am not THAT impressed by the screenshots people are linking to in this thread.

Not trying to create any beef, as I know many people here dislike CBSSL - just trying to figure out exactly why because it seems to be pretty damn deep (compared to Yahoo and ESPN at least) and customizable. We like it, and we consider ourselves pretty talented FF'ers - several of us are Huddle members for christ's sake. :D

Edited by Roo

Forgive me because I guess I am the minority "noob" here, but my league has been running CBSSL successfully for 3 years now. We've had almost no problems, and the features/customizable elements that are being discussed all appear to available on CBSSL too. We have record books, a very customizable home page, news features, extensive stats, tickers, etc.

We run a live draft every year, which may account for some avoided frustrations with the online drafting room. What's nice is that they actually gave us 50% off this year as a result, even though we never experienced any problems. Part of the problem might truly be the popularity of CBSSL - keep in mind that as people transition to MFL, they may also experience some growing pains (overloaded servers).

I do have some questions though, talking about features. One thing I love about CBSSL is the auction solution for Free Agents. No longer is it first come first serve, or oddly determined waiver priority - we now can bid on FAs for a bi-weekly auctions with a $100 purse (not real money of course). Is that on MFL as well? What does MFL have that CBS does not? To be honest, I am not THAT impressed by the screenshots people are linking to in this thread.

Not trying to create any beef, as I know many people here dislike CBSSL - just trying to figure out exactly why because it seems to be pretty damn deep (compared to Yahoo and ESPN at least) and customizable. We like it, and we consider ourselves pretty talented FF'ers - several of us are Huddle members for christ's sake. :D

Three questions...

1. Did you have any trouble last year accessing your site on Sunday morning when most people are checking in & submitting lineups?

2. Did you have any problems last year with your draft hanging up? (I see you already answered no, but there were many here that used CBS and has had trouble every year)

3. At 50% off what was the total cost of CBS Sportsline?

Edit: You do know there is a reason they are offering the leagues at a "discount" rate, right?

To answer your question, yes...MFL does have an auction setup although I personally have not used it.

Edited by rajncajn

Three questions...

1. Did you have any trouble last year accessing your site on Sunday morning when most people are checking in & submitting lineups?

2. Did you have any problems last year with your draft hanging up? (I see you already answered no, but there were many here that used CBS and has had trouble every year)

3. At 50% off what was the total cost of CBS Sportsline?

Edit: You do know there is a reason they are offering the leagues at a "discount" rate, right?

To answer your question, yes...MFL does have an auction setup although I personally have not used it.

1. No. There may have been one case but we aren't sure if the coach was at fault. I just used commish power to correct the issue.

2. No, live in-person draft.

3. $55 (or about $6 per coach)

I am not arguing the fact that the CBSSL draft rooms can be a mess. I've heard, and believe you all. I am just saying that high-traffic sites like that (and ESPN for example) traditionally face these issues when thousands of people jump in to live online drafts at the same time. It's not like MFL has a space age server that CBS couldn't afford, they just have far less people drafting on peak draft days. (my theory) Regardless, I can see how that would piss people off - enough so that they find a more niche provider.

1. No. There may have been one case but we aren't sure if the coach was at fault. I just used commish power to correct the issue.

2. No, live in-person draft.

3. $55 (or about $6 per coach)

I am not arguing the fact that the CBSSL draft rooms can be a mess. I've heard, and believe you all. I am just saying that high-traffic sites like that (and ESPN for example) traditionally face these issues when thousands of people jump in to live online drafts at the same time. It's not like MFL has a space age server that CBS couldn't afford, they just have far less people drafting on peak draft days. (my theory) Regardless, I can see how that would piss people off - enough so that they find a more niche provider.

If it works for you & you like it then that's great for you. However, last year...and every year for that matter...people post messages her complaining about CBS screwing up their draft and/or not being able to access the site. I can't remember the last time, if ever, I heard someone complain about anything on MFL. On top of all that, when they're not giving you a discount for screwing up so many fantasy leagues the previous season, you're still paying almost double for what you can get at most of the the other sites.

If it works for you & you like it then that's great for you. However, last year...and every year for that matter...people post messages her complaining about CBS screwing up their draft and/or not being able to access the site. I can't remember the last time, if ever, I heard someone complain about anything on MFL. On top of all that, when they're not giving you a discount for screwing up so many fantasy leagues the previous season, you're still paying almost double for what you can get at most of the the other sites.

I hear yah man. I have been here for 3 years and every year there are threads flaming CBSSL. Cross your fingers for me as it's been a good ride for my league so far, and the features feel pretty high end.