[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Expectations

PantherDave

Someone else cornered me at the golf course and ask me what I thought about the upcoming Panthers season, and I have tried to stay away from that topic completely. So, why don't we, us Homers, give our "expectations" for the upcoming season, I believe the Cowboy faithful have layed it out....division crown and possible SB run, and the Eagles parishoners are saying not so fast. there "coach changers". The 49er's may be ready to challenge for the NFCW flat-out, and the Saints are a solid, grouned, talented football team. So, here we go................................................................

Carolina Panthers

(This was my basic reponse to the fella mentioned above)

I honestly have no idea, I feel as if they have the talent on both side of the ball to play staright-up against any team in the NFC, and it was somewhat gratifying to see DMD relect my own thoughts on Fox not playing the best players at thier repected positions(see DeAngelo WIlliams break-down in RB). I think Beason will contribute immediately on D adding youth to the LB corp as well, and I think Jarret was an outright steal on draft day and will be a solid #2 by week 10 or so......and give DeAngelo the damn ball. If the new offense can give opposing D's more to worry about than Smitty and be effective doing it, then it's going to be fun to watch. However, there is the hitch for me, the "if" factor, but if opposing D's across the league are thinking similar thoughts....you just don't know. I'm looking more forward to this season than last as I have no expectations other than watching them play football on Sunday.

Raiders:

1) To keep our quarterback off his @ss!

2) To have an offense that doesn't look like our local high school.

3) Burn every Randy Moss jersey in a pre game ceremony for our home opener.

4) Win more then 2 measly games!

Fantasy Factor:

1) Russell- Not this season, but I'm hoping...

2) Jordan- disappeared in 06 faster then joints at a rap concert! 07- I'm hoping 800-1000 yds 7 -10 td's. Although Rhodes could take half of these numbers.

3) Porter- Could break out this year as our #1.

4) Curry- Great talent! Could contribute as much if not more then Porter.

5) M. Bush- Great pick up for possible use in 08.

Review: I'm staying away from all Raiders this year in fantasy football, except for possibly Bush who I will nab in my keeper league for future use.

So, why don't we, us Homers, give our "expectations" for the upcoming season, I believe the Cowboy faithful have layed it out....division crown and possible SB run

not all Cowboys' faithful expect this...I don't know what to expect. Noone knows what we'll get from Romo this year. I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll play well; he does'nt have to carry this team on his shoulders IMO. Just do his job and limit the mistakes.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the difference (hopefully) that Phillips' scheme brings to the defense.

I think the talent is there for a playoff run......we'll see.

not all Cowboys' faithful expect this...I don't know what to expect. Noone knows what we'll get from Romo this year. I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll play well; he does'nt have to carry this team on his shoulders IMO. Just do his job and limit the mistakes.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the difference (hopefully) that Phillips' scheme brings to the defense.

I think the talent is there for a playoff run......we'll see.

I think that in a weak NFC that the Cowboys shouls make the playoffs.

The O-lone should be better than last year. Resigning Columbo & Gurode was a good start. Davis was paid too much money but that was the going rate. My only real concern is Flozell adams and his level of play. If he is motivated ( and he is in a free agent year] then he will play at an all-pro level.

The WR`S are very talented and if Eldorado keeeps the meltdown to a minimum then they are set. And Jason Witten is a 3time pro-bowler at 25yrs old.

The RB`S tandem is very solid and I think by years end that Barber will be the starter a nd will have a 1000yd season.

The defense should benefit greatly from Phillips agressive blitzing and pressure style.

DL should be solid and Canty & Spears should be much better with the departure of Parcells conservative style

The `Boys are loaded at LB. Ware will be scary in the blitzing schemes and if Ellis is healthy( and that is a big if) then the defense has 2 major pass rushers. And if Spencer turns out to be as advertised then watch out.

Db`s should get help from much more pressure on passer. Newman is best cornerback not to make probowl and they have alot of depth with Glenn. Williams will be finally in his element by being witin 5 yards of scrimmage.

Romo is the big question. He will make or break team. If He excels in Garretts new Offensive system then the Cowboys will challege for NFC crown