[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keith Bulluck

ESPN's Fantasy Football 2007 rag has Bulluck ranked as the 26th LB for this coming season.

This guy has been top 5 in each of the past 2 years in both of my IDP leagues. Is my league scoring that skewed or do they just have their heads up their respective asses? The majority of the rest of the rag (haven't read it all yet) has some nice analysis & commentary - even when I don't agree their positions have been well thought out & defensible. This one really sticks out as ridiculous, IMO.

So, what am I missing here?

ESPN's Fantasy Football 2007 rag has Bulluck ranked as the 26th LB for this coming season.

This guy has been top 5 in each of the past 2 years in both of my IDP leagues. Is my league scoring that skewed or do they just have their heads up their respective asses? The majority of the rest of the rag (haven't read it all yet) has some nice analysis & commentary - even when I don't agree their positions have been well thought out & defensible. This one really sticks out as ridiculous, IMO.

If your missing something then so am I. Everywhere I have looked he is still ranked top 5 or 6.

There are a couple of customized rankings programs I am going to play with later today and will see where he shakes out with a few different scoring options.

:D

You sure it doesn't claim Bulluck to be the 26th OVERALL player for this coming season? I'm in a few leagues where he is cosistently a top 25 scorer (i.e. 2 ppt leagues).

You sure it doesn't claim Bulluck to be the 26th OVERALL player for this coming season? I'm in a few leagues where he is cosistently a top 25 scorer (i.e. 2 ppt leagues).

No, he's the #26 LB listed.

He's behind among others #15 Gerald Hayes & #21 Karlos Dansby of AZ, #11 EJ Henderson, #10 Bart Scott, #24 Kameron Wimbley amongst some of the other usual suspects.

No, he's the #26 LB listed.

He's behind among others #15 Gerald Hayes & #21 Karlos Dansby of AZ, #11 EJ Henderson, #10 Bart Scott, #24 Kameron Wimbley amongst some of the other usual suspects.

all i can say is WOW

I was in the other thread where everyone was saying that the ESPN rag was pretty decent... i have it and i've just sort of glossed it over and i was'nt too impressed. not sure if the mag sux, or we've all been doing this so long, that a mag has nothing to offer.{ hell, the huddlers here could probably get together and publish a better mag} :D

alot of the magazines are printed right after the draft and dont have updated info. that's still no excuse to have bullock so low. he's top 5. i would say top 3. this board blows away and rag you can get. up to date news and opinions from people who manage teams instead of some hack sitting behind a desk.

Bullock sits at #1 in my rankings:

Top 7

Bullock

Ray Lewis

DeMeco Ryans

Zack Thomas(if they stick to a 3/4 100% of the time & in camp Zach looks like he will lose some 3rd downs to Crowder I could drop him)

Antonio Pierce

Mike Peterson

Brian Urlacher

Edited by keggerz

Bullock sits at #1 in my rankings:

Top 7

Bullock

Ray Lewis

DeMeco Ryans

Zack Thomas(if they stick to a 3/4 100% of the time & in camp Zach looks like he will lose some 3rd downs to Crowder I could drop him)

Antonio Pierce

Mike Peterson

Brian Urlacher

Keg, i have Ryans and Lewis in a league here i can keep 1 DEF player. I'm thinking Ryans. Does it seem to you Ray-Ray has lost a step? Seemed like Ray got alot of the benefit of the doubt, statistically, with him getting the credit for gang tackles and asst. ( he even ripped that one Fumb or INT from one of his teamates and got credit for that) while all these charitable stats were good points for me, i wonder how long it can last. Ray looked almost statistically desperate @ times.

also looking for Urlacher to take a little hit with the departure of Tank.

(still love Merriman as a fill in due to my leagues sack scoring :D )

Keg, i have Ryans and Lewis in a league here i can keep 1 DEF player. I'm thinking Ryans. Does it seem to you Ray-Ray has lost a step? Seemed like Ray got alot of the benefit of the doubt, statistically, with him getting the credit for gang tackles and asst. ( he even ripped that one Fumb or INT from one of his teamates and got credit for that) while all these charitable stats were good points for me, i wonder how long it can last. Ray looked almost statistically desperate @ times.

also looking for Urlacher to take a little hit with the departure of Tank.

(still love Merriman as a fill in due to my leagues sack scoring :D )

since its a keeper league I would probably keep Ryans for a couple of reasons

1. He is younger and can be a keeper next yr, etc.

2. Ray has battle injuries the past few yrs but since Ryans hasnt and is younger I would keep ryans...

but fwiw I do expect ray to score more then ryans this yr...ray is said to be in the best shape he has ever been in(he put alot in during with off season workouts) but just because of his recent history with injuries and the fact its a keeper I would keep ryans like i have said

since its a keeper league I would probably keep Ryans for a couple of reasons

1. He is younger and can be a keeper next yr, etc.

2. Ray has battle injuries the past few yrs but since Ryans hasnt and is younger I would keep ryans...

but fwiw I do expect ray to score more then ryans this yr...ray is said to be in the best shape he has ever been in(he put alot in during with off season workouts) but just because of his recent history with injuries and the fact its a keeper I would keep ryans like i have said

I agree as far as Ryans...but i don't know about Ray. he'll still be very good...and i've heard the hype about what great shape he is in this year, but it looks like he has lost a step. he appeared to be jumping on the pile @ the end of the play in an desperate attempt to get credited w/ the tackle or asst. (and it worked). -but with all the fresh talent on that team i think Ray has his work cut out for him to lead the team (statistically)

ya know when the guy logging tackles upstairs sees a big pile in on the tackle and he sees that #52, he says"give it to Ray"...i don't know how much longer Ray can ride that wave.

i already pretty much have made up my mind on Ryans...(and i'll bet he outscores Ray), i was more interested on your thoughts about Ray possibly losing a step and Urlacher taking a hit..........

.....-and i'll spare you about Merriman....-no need to re-open old wounds.

I agree as far as Ryans...but i don't know about Ray. he'll still be very good...and i've heard the hype about what great shape he is in this year, but it looks like he has lost a step. he appeared to be jumping on the pile @ the end of the play in an desperate attempt to get credited w/ the tackle or asst. (and it worked). -but with all the fresh talent on that team i think Ray has his work cut out for him to lead the team (statistically)

ya know when the guy logging tackles upstairs sees a big pile in on the tackle and he sees that #52, he says"give it to Ray"...i don't know how much longer Ray can ride that wave.

i already pretty much have made up my mind on Ryans...(and i'll bet he outscores Ray), i was more interested on your thoughts about Ray possibly losing a step and Urlacher taking a hit..........

.....-and i'll spare you about Merriman....-no need to re-open old wounds.

there are certain stadiums that seem to score with a bias towards certain items....

Balt, Buff and Mia have been sorta notorious for giving out oodles of assists

Philly is extremely notorious for giving out Pass Defenses

but with regards to ray age will catch up to him i just dont think its this yr

with Urlacher the loss of tank could hurt and will hurt some but he will still get his

and now merriman :D

Edited by keggerz

Bullock has been the #1 LB drafted in my IDP league in both of the last two seasons and unless someone in the league thinks London Fletcher-Baker willl repeat ( he had the most points with our scoring system last year) I expect him to go #1 again this year. #26 is a completley absurd ranking for him now matter what scoring system ESPN wants to use.

Edited by Tally

• 4 months later...