[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 IDP Mock Draft Chat, Banter & Bashing

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keep in mind the draft requirements. We all have the same number of players per position on our roster.

2 Flex - (1 RB and 1 Wr here to give you 4 total at each position. )

If they are flex players, why do they have to be 1 RB & 1 WR? Isn't the whole principle of flex that RBs & WRs are interchangable in that position?

If they are flex players, why do they have to be 1 RB & 1 WR? Isn't the whole principle of flex that RBs & WRs are interchangable in that position?

I think the point is just to keep it simple. Since you can only start one of them he is just keeping the positions equal on every team!

you are looking at ROSTER SPOTS...

Starters

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 Flex RB/WR

1 TE

1 K

2 DL

3 LB

3 DB

Lets keep the draft simple.

Draft 1 more per slot above for total roster

Example

2 QBs

3 RBs

3 WRs

2 Flex - (1 RB and 1 Wr here to give you 4 total at each position. )

2 TE

2 K

3 DL

4 LB

4 DB

:D

We get 22 picks done on the 4th of July (I was shocked when I checked my computer and saw that I was up the first time yesterday) and we can't get past 3 picks so far today...

Darin just missed his pick late last night. He was logging off as I logged on. This thing should pick up the pace a bit once everyone gets the holiday cobwebs cleared up.

First and foremost this is a mock for the huddle. Us deciding to play it out is after the fact. So the point is for every roster to have the same amount of players at every position for this purpose. Each team will draft 4 Rb and 4 WR. Each week we start 2 RB, 2 Wr, and a flex. You decide how and you want to use your flex position with the 4 remaining players not starting at Rb and WR.

We get 22 picks done on the 4th of July (I was shocked when I checked my computer and saw that I was up the first time yesterday) and we can't get past 3 picks so far today...

Once darin logs on, Keg and I are here, then we have preselects for the next 4-5 after that, so the next 10 picks should go pretty qucikly, once darin returns. either way, today was suppose to be the start date of this draft. We started earrly, so I suppose you can look at it as we are through 3 plus rounds in the first 10 official hours of this mock.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

First and foremost this is a mock for the huddle. Us deciding to play it out is after the fact. So the point is for every roster to have the same amount of players at every position for this purpose. Each team will draft 4 Rb and 4 WR. Each week we start 2 RB, 2 Wr, and a flex. You decide how and you want to use your flex position with the 4 remaining players not starting at Rb and WR.

Us deciding to play it out afterwards (which I don't think is settled yet, if at all) has nothing to do with it. I'm just wondering why the position is a flex position yet is being defined by specific player requirements. It defeats the entire purpose of a flex player and affects the draft in a like manner.

Whatever you want for the rules of the draft are fine by me, but it still isn't logical and may affect the middle to later rounds of the draft being represenetd truly.

BTW, Suffering succotash! are you doing here answering questions when you are up in the draft? :D

Us deciding to play it out afterwards (which I don't think is settled yet, if at all) has nothing to do with it. I'm just wondering why the position is a flex position yet is being defined by specific player requirements. It defeats the entire purpose of a flex player and affects the draft in a like manner.

Whatever you want for the rules of the draft are fine by me, but it still isn't logical and may affect the middle to later rounds of the draft being represenetd truly.

BTW, Suffering succotash! are you doing here answering questions when you are up in the draft? :D

I dont see it that way. :D You can start a WR or RB in the flex position. Your total roster requirement is to add an extra WR and RB for that slotted position. Seems logical.

So what is the feeling on making this an actual league? Wont effect the way I draft but before we get too far along it would be nice to get a commitment from everyone. I can see someones draft going south on them and then they wont want to do it. So what say we all?

Edited by tbimm

i will stand on both sides of the fence on this issue...for the mock(as with past mocks IDP or not for the huddle) there are always positon requirements...in reality I dont like it but understand it....in a real world draft where most leagues dont have roster requirements it is much more difficult to gauge what players will be available come your next pick...in this mock that isnt always the case

In the past 3 years this draft has been done here, we all had the exact same players at every position. Nothing new this yr. Sorry to hold up the draft. :D

Oh, the old "We've always done it that way" excuse...

NP - just wondering what the thought behind the requirement was. Now I know.

:tup: yourself.

So what is the feeling on making this an actual league? Wont effect the way I draft but before we get too far along it would be nice to get a commitment from everyone. I can see someones draft going south on them and then they wont want to do it. So what say we all Big John, Zooty, Bush, Boat & 3WZ?

Fixed

Oh, the old "We've always done it that way" excuse...

NP - just wondering what the thought behind the requirement was. Now I know.

:D yourself.

Not the we've always done it this way excuse. Its the way DMD has always wanted it this way excuse. And the big guy gets what he wants.

:tup::doh: