[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

easy dinner tonight

Bier Meister

1-2 lbs of shrimp (21-125 count or lower, shell on)

3 cloves of garlic (minced)

2 tbs evo

1/4 tsp salt

6 tbs butter

2 tsp chili powder

1 tsp cayenne

1 tsp black pepper (ground)

4 tsp worcestshire sauce

juice of a lemon

whatever accomaniments you want. i wnet with:

8 oz of button mushrooms (whole)

1 red onion (diced 1x1)

2 green peppers (cleaned and diced 1x1)

skewers

using shears, cut back shell of shrimp... devein but leave shell on. get grill going (ultimately want a moderate heat). toss shrimp in evo, garlic and salt... let sit at room temp for about 10-15 min. skewer shrimp and accompaniments.

melt butter. add chili powder, cayenne, bl pepper, and worc. whisk... remove from heat and wisk in lemon juice.

grill shrimp (about 3-4 min per side). remove from grill... put everything in a bowl... thrown sauce on and toss.... have a baguette around (or two). serve with rice of your choice.. i did a garlic herb risotto.....

my compliments to bier. the shrimp kabobs were very nice. I went with pineapple, chorizo, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and vidalia onion. the sauce had a nice kick and a good flavor. I dd a simple basmati rice with shallots, garlic--cooked in chicken broth. I threw in a little butter and chives at the end.

for dessert, I put pineapple, brown sugar, butter, and a pinch of salt into a foil packet and threw it on the Egg while we were eating dinner. Yum. I loves me the pineapple.

For some reason I have a hankerin' for hanger steak.

:D

Bier Meister Posted 7/3/07 9:03pm

.. i did a garlic herb risotto.....

Any advice for risotto that is 'easy" and doesn't feed an army?