[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hope Springs Eternal

Egret

As one of the resident Lions fans here, I've deservedly taken a lot of abuse of the years. To say that the Lions have been bad is an understatement. Yet every spring and summer the Lions fans are optimistic. I'm sitting here watching the Tigers right now. The Tigers were in the same situation as the Lions for the past decade or two. Last year, the stars aligned. The Tigers made it to the World Series two years after losing 119 games.

For the most part, people in Detroit and the rest of Michigan remained loyal to the Tigers. These same fans have remained loyal to the Lions. I was at the Sunday night game this past weekend. It was great to see Tigers game in an electric atmosphere. I would love to be in a similar atmosphere for a Lions game.

Believe me, I know they've been bad. I'm throwing out all rational thinking and logic. Just maybe the Lions can follow the lead of the Tigers. Maybe they can have a winning attitude across the street from Comerica Park... and I don't mean Hockeytown Cafe.

Kitna has said the Lions can win at least ten games this year. He has also said he's gunning for 50 TDs. Why not dream big? I don't care if the Lions don't win any games this year. I just want some excitement back with my Lions. I think I might get my wish.

Here's their schedule...

WIN Sep 9 @Oakland 4:15pm

WIN Sep 16 Minnesota 4:05pm

LOSS Sep 23 @Philadelphia 1:00pm

LOSS Sep 30 Chicago 1:00pm

WIN Oct 7 @Washington 1:00pm

Week 6 BYE

WIN Oct 21 Tampa Bay 1:00pm

LOSS Oct 28 @Chicago 1:00pm

LOSS Nov 4 Denver 1:00pm

WIN Nov 11 @Arizona 4:15pm

WIN Nov 18 N.Y. Giants 4:15pm

WIN Nov 22 Green Bay 12:30pm

LOSS Dec 2 @Minnesota 1:00pm

LOSS Dec 9 Dallas 1:00pm

LOSS Dec 16 @San Diego 4:15pm

WIN Dec 23 Kansas City 1:00pm

LOSS Dec 30 @Green Bay 1:00pm

By my count (and I am no guru, believe me) I have them at 8-8.

Yeah, but 8-8 gets you in the playoffs in the NFCrappy. They could win 10 yet!

You are right...and 10 wins is not out of the question. To do that, they have to sweep Green Bay (instead of splitting) and beat Dallas at home.