[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Appetizer I made yesterday

Big Country

So, a friend of my wife's got this recipe from the Kraft Food and Family magazine, and my wife enjoyed so I agreed to make it yesterday. (Good magazine with easy recipes BTW, and it's free)

IT was a Bacon-cream cheese crescent roll.

Essentially you mix cream cheese, bacon, parsley, parmesan cheese and onion together to make the filling. THen, using the pillsbury crescent rolls, you roll those out (recipe says to cu them further to make them smaller and more bite size, I didn't do this as I don't mind an appetizes that takes a couple bites) and spoon the filling into the middle, roll the crescent roll up and then bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.

Very tasty.

So, I of course immediately start trying to think up some variations. I was thinking sun-dried tomatoes, basil and bacon with the cream cheese would be good. Maybe something with a MExican kick to it like cheddar, a little seasoned browned ground beef and a slice of jalapeno.

I'm certainly looking for other ideas.

you can go sweet and savory.

can mix in jams/jellies or compote.

cinnamon, brown sugar, maple

dried fruit

ch. chips

vanilla

liquors

tomato, basil, prosciutto

pesto and chicken or shrimp

lime, cilantro, grilled chickend (small dice), seared (or grilled shrimp)

chili powder, cayenne, cumin, grilled chicken (small diiced), or browned ground beef

chili

cilantro, seared shrimp, sweet thai chilli sauce

goat cheese and herbs

tapenade

marinara and browned italian sausage

mustard and sliced, grilled brats, kraut

mushroom duxelle

curry, raisins, grilled chicken (small dice)

bbq chicken (small dice), cheddar

ham and pineapple

buy some whole jalapenos. Cut in half and take seeds out and spoon filling into Jalapeno and wrap with half a piece of bacon and bake at 350 12-15 minutes or until bacon is done.

I have made something similar - cream cheese, bacon bits and cheddar for the filling and they were an absolute hit.

buy some whole jalapenos. Cut in half and take seeds out and spoon filling into Jalapeno and wrap with half a piece of bacon and bake at 350 12-15 minutes or until bacon is done.

I have made something similar - cream cheese, bacon bits and cheddar for the filling and they were an absolute hit.

Sounds good... my wife wouldnt like them as she is not a jalpeno fan... but I'd love them. Of course, I am a sucker for those frozen jalapeno poppers... stuffed with cheddar or cream cheese and breaded....mmmmm arteries clogging as I type

Sounds good... my wife wouldnt like them as she is not a jalpeno fan... but I'd love them. Of course, I am a sucker for those frozen jalapeno poppers... stuffed with cheddar or cream cheese and breaded....mmmmm arteries clogging as I type

People have tried these that don't like Jalapenos and liked them. They are not as hot as people would guess if you clean the seeds out completely.