[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hoboken Huddlers!

The Wolf

Any others on the board who live in the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra?

I grew up in North Bergen which is about 15 minutes from Hoboken..I think this thread belongs in the tailgate though

I'm from the Jersey Shore, working in the city right now.. my brother lives in JC, so i'm in Hoboken occasionally.

Im actually headed to JC today..Liberty state park

• 3 months later...
I had Fiore's roast beef with fresh mozzarella and gravy today. Drool.

Really? Been living here a couple of years now and not once have I had that. Gotta try that san-gwayge out!

Edit to add: I just looked up Fiore's and found some reviews...half those who posted raved about that sandwich. I'll be getting one next weekend!

Edited by The Wolf

Really? Been living here a couple of years now and not once have I had that. Gotta try that san-gwayge out!

A friend of mine drove me there one day and said you are not ordering anything else but that sandwich..He was dead on..Its absolutely delicious

Edited by whomper

Nope but I partied there many, many times when I was in my twenties. Had a bunch of friends that worked in downtown NYC and they all had apartments there.....love that town, great memories. How is the Cadillac Bar nowadays?

Nope but I partied there many, many times when I was in my twenties. Had a bunch of friends that worked in downtown NYC and they all had apartments there.....love that town, great memories. How is the Cadillac Bar nowadays?

I used to like that place too..It was connected to another bar if I recall correctly..I also loved the Clam Broth house

I grew up in North Bergen which is about 15 minutes from Hoboken..I think this thread belongs in the tailgate though

Agreed. But it's all good. I don't live in Hoboken, however much of my family came from Bayonne and Jersey City. Some of my wife's relatives lived in Hoboken though and so we spent some time there. The wife's mother grew up on Monroe Street and her grandparents lived in 5 Church Tower until they passed. Alot of great party spots there.

We should get a Fantasy League going next year of Jersey Guys and meet somewhere in Central Jersey.

Edited by irish

Edit to add: I just looked up Fiore's and found some reviews...half those who posted raved about that sandwich. I'll be getting one next weekend!

Fiore's is a great deli overall. I also bought a lot of cold cuts. They have the roast beef special on Thursdays (I think) and Saturdays. You have to get there early or very late otherwise you will be waiting on a long line. I had things to do today, so I got there at around 3 or 3:30. I still had to wait on line for about 15 minutes. Also, if you want the gravy on the side, which is the way I like it, bring a tupperware type of container (like the container soup from a Chinese restaurant comes in) and ask them to give you the gravy on the side. They will fill it up for you. Otherwise the bread will get soggy from the gravy. I prefer to dip the sandwich in the gravy rather than pour it on directly.

I think it's gone, but I could be wrong. It's been a long time since I have been there, but I know they are just about done with building a new apartment building on that block and IIRC it's where the Cadillac Bar and the Clam Broth House were.