[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

favorite football announcer

tarantula

Who are your favorite NFL & College football announcers?

Not even close, Howard Cosell in a walk. And he went off the air when I was about 15 years old.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Madden is the absolute bast. I never liked him before I heard him on Sirius. It dawned on me how he dumbs himself down for a less knowledgeable viewer base, because when he's just talking football, with the Sirius crew, he's completely ingenious, and on top of his game.

So after I noticed that, i really started to listen to him, and he can tell what plays are coming up and explains them in a way that is pure magic.

He's even better with Al at his side. They are the cream of the crop and nobody compares.

Jaws with Dick Vermeil is a good combo, and quite entertaining, but id' take robots or ticker over the MNF crew.

I agree that Phil Simms calls a great game. He's probably the best one out there right now IMO.

Back in the day (late '60's), Curt Gowdy ruled. Keith Jackson is certainly one of the all-time greats as well.

I did not care that much for Cosell, but he sure knew how to make the game interesting.

Mitch Holthus is the best NFL radio announcer I've ever heard. (Chief fans will understand.)