[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 Mock Draft writeups

Writeups should be between 100-150 words. Please stay within this range, so they all look the same on the huddle page.

Please post your writeup here, once complete. You may edit your writeup for spelling or punctuation, but please only post finalized copies in this thread. Also please leave this thread to writeups only.

Here is a link of the 2006 writeups, which should help each of you with yours.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=150905

Bronco Billy - Jay Bleier in the 9th position

Picking out of the 9 hole and knowing the scoring favored the defense more than normal and knowing the experience level of my draft mates, I decided to use those factors as a draft that would be defensively heavy earlier than most IDP drafts to my advantage. The rigid roster restrictions would also allow some good but not great defensive players to fall.

I got my starting quarterback duo in the 13th and 16th rounds with Hasselbeck and Cutler playing for dynamic offensive head coaches, and Crumpler, a top TE, fell to the 11th – almost like clockwork. I was able to put together 1 solid running back with 3 younger guys who all have the edge on becoming the featured back on their respective teams, and my top 3 wide receivers are fairly formidable. On defense, I went with a top lineman and back early, avoiding a large linebacker run going on at the time. I then filled my LB corps with value bargains when other owners were turning back to offense, and then hunted for high upside linemen and backs with ability who fell into great playing opportunities. Unless all 3 young RBs crap out, this team should show pretty well and very well might get better as the season goes on.

My favorite picks – Shawne Merriman in the 9th, Hasselbeck in the 13th, Kenoy Kennedy in the 19th, Dexter Jackson in the 23rd.

Biggest reaches – Brandon Jacobs in the 3rd, Jerious Norwood in the 7th

Sgt. Ryan - Brent Clement picking in the 2 hole

My strategy in this spot was simple, take the best players available, in rounds 1-3, and fill out need later. Steven Jackson, Clinton Portis and Thomas Jones gives me a solid 1-2 punch at RB, with the other, starting at flex, most weeks. At Wr, I went high upside, with Anquan Boldin, Chris Chambers, and Darrell Jackson. QB Donovan Mcnabb could be a gem in round 6, and I was willing to take a risk on Mike Vick in round 16. I generally wait till the middle rounds before I start drafting D, but I couldnt resist LB Antonio Pierce at the end of round 4. LB's Jonathon Vilma and Andra Davis were my favorite picks, in round 8 and 9. My DL is my weakest link, as I went for upside, instead of the safe picks available. Overall, this team is solid, and could contend if it stays healthy.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

boat_hacked: J. Moross #6 pick

My strategy was to acquire consistent players at the positions of RB, LB, and QB. I took Westbrook over Addai or Parker because of PPR. Edge is my #2 RB. I grabbed a top 5 WR in Harrison, rounded out with Branch, Glenn, Bennett. I shifted to the defensive side next grabbing my 3 LBs in the next four rounds (rounds 4-7) of Fletcher, Morrison, and Tatupu, Greenwood was a nice value pick late in draft. Moving my QB pick up one round gave me Brady. At DL, once Allen returns, he and Cole will do nicely as my 1-2 DE. Dawan Landry, a nice value pick late, at DB, coupled with Madieu Williams/R. Marshall/C. Hope give me a strong DB group. I never expect much from TE, so waited until 15.06 before picking Watson. Overall, have a solid team of consistent players at key positions.

Edited by boat_hacked

Zooty- Jesse Giunta- #7

Started from the 7 hole with W. Parker and came back with Holt in the 2nd as the other top WRs were gone and wasn’t thrilled with the value at RB here. MacGahee in the 3rd was nice and I think he will put up great numbers in the BAL offense. Came back with Urlacher in the 4th as LBs had started to go. My 2nd WR was nice value with Walker then nabbed Bulger as the last of the upper tier QBs. Added Brooking next as my goal was to take 2 RBs, 2 WRs , 2 LBs. From here I was looking to best player available filling out with Clayton & Jordan for my flex. I believe I got good value in rounds 11-16 filling out my starting line-up. The draft finished out oddly to me as I had to pass on some better players due to small rosters and bye week issues. Feels pretty solid for lacking any real Super-Studs.

Best values- Javon Wlker-(5th), Rivers (15th), Scheffler (20th)

Reaches/ Iffy picks- LJ Smith & Scheffler at TE ( offseason injuries)

Edited by Zooty

URLACHERisGOD: Jesse Sneller with pick 12

Typical of most drafts, I figured RBs were going to drop like flies. However, with all the uncertainties and RBBC my draft strategy has changed over the past couple of years. This is why I went with the #1 QB and the #1 WR in the league with my first 2 picks. I got some decent value at RB in later rounds as expected: Deuce in the 5th and Ahman in the 8th will do my squad just fine. Keying "off" positions like DL & DB rather than LB was another strategy I took. After the top 6 LBs, it is a muddled mess. So, I waited a bit and took high risk / high reward younger players trying to hit this year's "DeMeco" (since DeMeco himself went 3.05). I feel this strategy put me in the top 3 in each of the following positions: QB, WR, TE, DL, and DB. In my opinion, I can slide a bit at the "bread & butter" RB & LB when strong at the other 5.

My Favorite Picks: 8.01 Ahman Green, 18.01 Mark Anderson, & 17.12 Demarcus Ware

Biggest Reaches: Rex Grossman 22.01, Chris Brown 16.01, & Brandon Marshall 14.01

darin3 - Darin Tietgen

The 3-hole is pretty simple to start: take the best of the studly RBs and then take best available for the next few rounds. Started with LJ for the solid #1 RB. Decided to go with a top-tier WR in TO with the 2nd rounder. Followed up with the dynamic Lynch, a gem with the PPR. Knowing RB was deep, I got another #1-type WR in Driver. Decided to go heavy on the LBs, knowing studs put up consistent numbers. Ended with quite possibly the league’s best LB starting trio (Hawk, Brackett and Trotter). Should Trotter lose time to injury, Thomas, should fit right in with the Patriot scheme. My DBs are also solid, with hard-hitting and game-changing Williams and consistent stud Barber. DL has a nice veteran and upside presence. Overall, this team has a ton of upside, but I still feel very satisfied with the “safe” picks.

Keggerz - Steve Gallo 1st Position

Prior to the start of this draft I formulated a strategy I am calling "Double Dipping". Taking LT #1 was a no-brainer but then at every possible pass my strategy was to take two players from the same position that each had Top 5 upside even if it meant taking a position early. I was able to "Double Dip" the following players Fitzgerald/RoyWilliams, Ray Lewis/MPeterson, TSuggs/Umenyiora thats 7 starters that can finish Top 5 at their positions thru 7 rounds. I knew this strategy would leave me looking at two older vets at RB(JLewis/FTaylor) but nabbed LenDale White(15.1) for some upside. Leinart/Cooley was my first non "Double Dip" but I love the upside of Leinart and Cooley is another top 5 type player. DB is deep enough that I was able to mine four good starters late. This team is loaded with difference makers and should really make some noise.

Edit to add draft position

Edited by keggerz

3WZ – Dustin Heller – 11th spot

I knew picking at 11 was somewhat of a disadvantage right out of the gate. My decision in the 1st came down to Bush or Henry. I chose Bush for his upside and also the ppr. This made my 2nd pick easy since Henry was still available. I had no intention of starting RB-RB-RB, but I like A. Peterson’s upside over the WR that were available. That said, my WR core is a little weaker than I’d like. I got a top QB in Palmer. I also feel that I waited too long on my LB and they’re not as strong as I’d like, but there is some upside. Solid DL and DB’s. Overall, I like my team, but would have addressed the LB position earlier if I had to do it over again.

Favorite picks – Plaxico Burress in 6th and Bob Sanders in 11th

Biggest Reach – Julius Peppers in 5th

Swiss Cheezhead -- Jake Richmond -- 4th position

My first four picks panned out just as expected. Gates’ extra PPG at TE is definitely worth a 3rd-rounder, and both Cadillac and Colston will outperform their draft spots at RB and WR, respectively. My next two picks were definitely the riskiest of all. I have more faith in Kevin Jones’ health than most, and I believe D.J. Williams will be a top-5 LB in the middle of Denver’s new scheme. The rest of my draft was a balance between grabbing guys who were falling beyond their production level (D. Brooks, N. Barnett, A. Winfield, J. Phillips) and shooting for upside players (R. Brown, V. Jackson, B. Jones, B. Ruud).

Despite a handful of players who others might consider “reaches,” I feel this team has no real holes in its starting lineup and is a solid combination of youth and experience.

tbimm #5

My plan going into the draft was to start the LB run. I did this by selecting LB in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I was curious to see how badly this would hurt my WR position. As it turned out I got my stud LB'ers and also wound up with 4 young wideouts with a ton of upside.

The RB position took a hit as a result of this strategy and is my least favorite position on this team. After Gore my team is left with question marks and what I beleive is my only real reach in Dominic Rhodes.

This team will be relying on the Studs to be consistant while also hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with a couple of rookies, Laron Landry and Calvin Johnson.

If Gaither can force his way into the starting MLB role in Philly, which I expect him to do by midseason at the latest, then this LB group is going to be downright nasty. They very well may be the players to carry this team to the top of the standings