[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sanctions for Oklahoma come down today

Goopster24

Lets look at NC by conference since 2000

Big 12 : 2

ACC : 1

Big 10: 1

ACC : 1.5 (split national championship)

Pac 10: 1.5 (Split national championship)

Yea it really is an irrelevant conference...Only 2 national championships in the last 7 years....

Should have been 2 more. No way OU should have lost to LSU, and its still my opinion OU was better than SC, and the turnovers/miscues is the only reason they didnt win that game.

Should have been 2 more. No way OU should have lost to LSU, and its still my opinion OU was better than SC, and the turnovers/miscues is the only reason they didnt win that game.

I thought you didn't live in the past? :D

the reality is, The Pac 10 has 2, and it should have been 3. I give VY credit, but that USC team beats UT 8/10 times....

the Big 12 as a conference has been mediocre.

Seems like the NCAA is being very harsh there in Norman, and everyone here should know how I feel about OJ = a-hole. Now if the same people are ultimately at the top at NCAA, why would they be so hard on the Sooners and lenient on the USC accusations?

I gotta believe the proof is not so cut and dry in the USC deals, whereas they felt this one was clear. I think something will come down on USC, but just don't know what they have yet, since it has not been made public. Another big difference: apparently NCAA has much less power to compel Bush (or any former player) to cooperate with an investigation after their college career is over. We'll see.....

I thought you didn't live in the past? :tup:

the reality is, The Pac 10 has 2, and it should have been 3. I give VY credit, but that USC team beats UT 8/10 times....

the Big 12 as a conference has been mediocre.

This is a perfect example of the type of tool you are.

First of all, you correct me for living in the past, then you yourself brings up the past with regards to Sc. :doh:

Second, you bring up reality, then directly after bring up what should have been. :D

Finally, you blast the Big 12, when the reality is, this conference has won the most undisputed titles of this decade. :D

Thank you for this post. It clearly shows just how ignorant you are. And it allows me to kick you in the nuts yet again... :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Seems like the NCAA is being very harsh there in Norman, and everyone here should know how I feel about OJ = a-hole. Now if the same people are ultimately at the top at NCAA, why would they be so hard on the Sooners and lenient on the USC accusations?

I gotta believe the proof is not so cut and dry in the USC deals, whereas they felt this one was clear. I think something will come down on USC, but just don't know what they have yet, since it has not been made public. Another big difference: apparently NCAA has much less power to compel Bush (or any former player) to cooperate with an investigation after their college career is over. We'll see.....

The point is, The NCAA wouldnt have a clue about OU, had OU not come forward and handed the evidence to them. SC didnt do that, but yahoo.com investigated the SC allegations, and the NCAA doesnt seem to want to use that evidence. So basically, that is telling me, from now on schools will think twice about coming forward. Why would they, when they get slapped like this when they do. And SC gets away with it, by keeping its mouth shut.

Oh Sarge, you are gonna hate this from CBS Sportsline. USC isn't even on it:

Top 10 Dirtiest Programs

Well SMU should be #1 without question. They shut down football at that school, receiving the death penalty for the sport. The school has never recovered, even 30 yrs later.

Fla St should easily be #2. Bobby is as bad as it gets.

This list is more to me about those that got caught, and were found guilty, than to accusations or things the NCAA choose not to pursue.

The penalty handed down to OU seems appropriate to me. It is little more than a slap on the wrist, as it should be, seeing that they did the right thing and reported. I can understand Sarge's angst with the USC situation, excluding the alleged rape. It is obvious that there were violations involving both Bush and Jarrett, and that those violations were significantly larger than those of the two OU players. I hope that the NCAA is in fact still investigating USC. The problem we get there is they if the NCAA does come down on USC like they did with OU, USC will loose one mythical national championship, not just 8 games. Hopefully the NCAA is still investigating USC, and we haven't heard much about it because they are still gathering the facts trying to be thorough, rather than they are turning a blind eye to it. My brother informed me that on both the A&M and OU boards there are rumors that UT's Pittman was paid to play, and that a coach may be involved. I hope this is baseless rumor, but the realist in me won't let me just push it under the rug without a thought.

Sarge, come on you're better than this. You make yourself look life a :D when you talk about the SC / Oklahoma game. Anyone, Oklahoma fan or not, saw what happened. Oklahome was outcoached, outplayed and the Trojans had much more talent the your Sooners that year. I can't remember the score ..... I think it was like 45-14 or something. Great teams create turnovers and miscues by the other team. I don't understand why you keep bringing it up. God, I would have loved sitting in the same room with you that night! :D

Sarge, come on you're better than this. You make yourself look life a :D when you talk about the SC / Oklahoma game. Anyone, Oklahoma fan or not, saw what happened. Oklahome was outcoached, outplayed and the Trojans had much more talent the your Sooners that year. I can't remember the score ..... I think it was like 45-14 or something. Great teams create turnovers and miscues by the other team. I don't understand why you keep bringing it up. God, I would have loved sitting in the same room with you that night! :D

The score was around 35-10 at the half, and I still thought OU had this in the bag. That OU team was perhaps the greatest college team ever, and they blew it. That team put up 50 or more on 8 bowl teams. Texas did the same thing the next yr, and they beat Sc. Texas was no match for that Sooner team. Im not comparing apples and oranges. Sc took advantage of every turnover and I give them credit for that. But if you watched the first quarter of that game, you could see who the best team was, before the self imposed avalanche hit the Sooners. Sc 3 and out, OU went right down the field to score. next posession, SC punts again, and OU punt returner tries to do to much, and turns the ball over a the 7 or so yard line, giving Sc a short field, and the avalanche began. Nothing will ever change my mind on this. I know how talented that OU team was, and what they were capable of. And if you reverse the score, without a single turnover by SC, that probably would have been the final on 9 out of 10 nights. But it wasnt meant to be, that night, and it was very disappointing. I dont know if you know what its like to finally have a team like that, and for them to blow it on the biggest stage. But I was very disappointed and still am to a certain extent. . I had this same conversation with a particular die hard Texas fan at this site, and he agreed with me. OU was the superior team, but killed themselves.

I bring it up, because I believe it, completely.....

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

The score was around 35-10 at the half, and I still thought OU had this in the bag. That OU team was perhaps the greatest college team ever, and they blew it. That team put up 50 or more on 8 bowl teams. Texas did the same thing the next yr, and they beat Sc. Texas was no match for that Sooner team. Im not comparing apples and oranges. Sc took advantage of every turnover and I give them credit for that. But if you watched the first quarter of that game, you could see who the best team was, before the self imposed avalanche hit the Sooners. Sc 3 and out, OU went right down the field to score. next posession, SC punts again, and OU punt returner tries to do to much, and turns the ball over a the 7 or so yard line, giving Sc a short field, and the avalanche began. Nothing will ever change my mind on this. I know how talented that OU team was, and what they were capable of. And if you reverse the score, without a single turnover by SC, that probably would have been the final on 9 out of 10 nights. But it wasnt meant to be, that night, and it was very disappointing. I dont know if you know what its like to finally have a team like that, and for them to blow it on the biggest stage. But I was very disappointed and still am to a certain extent. . I had this same conversation with a particular die hard Texas fan at this site, and he agreed with me. OU was the superior team, but killed themselves.

I bring it up, because I believe it, completely.....

I got to give it to you Sarge, you love your Sooners. Down 35-10 at half and you feel like your Sooners "have it in the bag"? I love your belief and your passion! :D

I'm just wishing that my Huskies can get the program back to where it once was. Our schedule this year ..... HOLY SH!T :D

Edited by theprofessor