[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomlinson breaks yet another record!

URLACHERisGOD

Tomlinson rules ESPYs roost with record-setting night

LaDainian Tomlinson won four trophies at the ESPY Awards on Wednesday night, including male athlete of the year for his record-setting season with the San Diego Chargers.

Tomlinson defeated LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, Wimbledon champion Roger Federer and Tiger Woods for athlete of the year.

Tomlinson also won best NFL player, record-breaking performance, and the Like Nothing Else award. The NFL MVP scored 31 touchdowns and 186 points, both league records, and rushed for 1,875 yards.

Tomlinson declined to appear backstage to talk with reporters.

4 awards including Athlete of the Year! What a stud!

Edited by URLACHERisGOD

:D I'll bet he doesn't get a swelled head over it.

If you read the article all the way through, it actually says "Tomlinson declined to appear backstage to talk with reporters." Kid just shows up, does his job, and goes about his way. It really is quite refreshing.

Not that Im pushing for a swelled head or anything, but Id think that asking for the guy to make a quick appearance and take a couple of questions wouldnt be asking too much. His humility is admirable, but I would love to see LT take a few extra moments to shed a little more light on what is probably the greatest season by an individual player in NFL history. When its all said and done, he's probably going to be remembered as the greatest RB in NFL history. It'd be nice to hear from the man once in a while.

If you read the article all the way through, it actually says "Tomlinson declined to appear backstage to talk with reporters." Kid just shows up, does his job, and goes about his way. It really is quite refreshing.

Whenever I see him talk and they compare him to Jim Brown or any of the greats he looks embarrased and in awe of those players.

Whenever I see him talk and they compare him to Jim Brown or any of the greats he looks embarrased and in awe of those players.

Cute, but it's time for him to take it seriously. He's about a season or two away from surpassing Jim Brown as the GOAT.

Cute, but it's time for him to take it seriously. He's about a season or two away from surpassing Jim Brown as the GOAT.

It isn't cute. I think he does take it seriously but knows these are the best players in the history of the NFL. His childhood idols that he is now on equal footing with. He's humble and knows how good they were.

It isn't cute. I think he does take it seriously but knows these are the best players in the history of the NFL. His childhood idols that he is now on equal footing with. He's humble and knows how good they were.

....plus he has stated in the past that he has alot of football left to play before he will consider himself in a class with the all-time greats. He is a student of the game and respects its history.

....plus he has stated in the past that he has alot of football left to play before he will consider himself in a class with the all-time greats. He is a student of the game and respects its history.

...plus, he has also come out and stated what he did last year was fine, giving as much credit to the O-Line and Lo as himself, but that he would have traded it all for a Championshiip. When he says it, you actually believe him.

One of the few true role models professional sports has to offer. If I am not my kid's #1 role model, I sure as heck hope it is LT (if it HAS to be a sports figure).

Good job LT! :D:D