[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Football Magazines Rated

YoungBob

I found a website today,www.ffmagazinereview.com, that reviewed many of the fantasy football magazines on the newsstands today. There is a more detaild analysis of each magazine at the site, but I thought I'd post the final grade each publication received. Each magazine was scored on aesthetics, content, analysis and density (whatever that is) :D . Here are the final grades:

Footballguys.com A

Athlon Sports A

ESPN A-

CBS Sportsline B+

Beckett/Rotoworld B+

Fantasy Sports B+

Sproting News B+

FantasyGuru.com B

Fanball.com B

Fantasy Football Index B-

FantasyFootball.com C+

Fantasy League Football C

NFL.com D

Edited by YoungBob

link in case OP doesn't work: http://ffmagazinereview.com/index.html

There are actually 2 sets of opinions (note upper right-hand corner) - plus there are a few that are reviewed by one and not the other (still finishing some reviews). Nice recaps, could be a real time-saver.

Did DMD contribute to any of these? Be a real shame if not. It would be great to see a huddle mag next year.

There is only one fantasy football magazine: Fantasy League Football. I have been buying this mag for the better part of 14 years since my league started. It was one of the only ones that has had IDP ratings all along. In my league it has always been referred to as the "Fantasy Bible", and those with other mags on draft day were laughed at. I know these days w/ everything on the net mags are not needed like they were. But I still buy this one because it has always been the most accurate one by far. Carson Palmer is on the front this year and it just says " Fantasy League Football". You can order it at another football site called sportsgrumblings.com. Just go to the bottom of the page. This is the only magazine I would highly recommend and I will not go a year w/o it.

I think all fantasy magazines are a waste of time and money. They are written way too early in the preseason for my taste. I do get Rotowire but that’s only because I have an online account and they send it to me in the mail for free. With all the great info I can find here at the Huddle I feel no need to buy any of yesterday’s newspapers.

Edited by Tally

I think all fantasy magazines are a waste of time and money. They are written way too early in the preseason for my taste. I do get Rotowire but that’s only because I have an online account and they send it to me in the mail for free. With all the great info I can find here at the Huddle I feel no need to buy any of yesterday’s newspapers.

Totally agree. I really like that the guys in my league use them as they still have "older" cheat sheets! :D The huddle has stayed a secret thus far :D

Edited by BigTen

There is only one fantasy football magazine: Fantasy League Football. I This is the only magazine I would highly recommend and I will not go a year w/o it.
Because..........not that it's a be-all/end-all of course, but got pretty lukewarm reviews on the site.

The huddle has stayed a secrete thus far
I'm scared to ask what kind.

:D