[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Today is the day..

URLACHERisGOD

It's difficult to know how an OLB would translate at MLB or vice-versa. The only way to know for sure is to actually see them play the position for a season.

Urlacher was slated to play OLB when he was drafted, but Dick Jauron apparently decided that he wasn't very good at the position, moved him to MLB, and the rest is history. I have a really hard time believing that he couldn't be an effective OLB right now (especially after the way that he covered Reggie Bush in the slot last year), but it just goes to show that you never know until they see game-time action.

You could very well be right. I'll remain skeptical, though. Not irrevocably convinced he can't play the position, mind you. I just would like to see it happen before I'm ready to annoint Briggs one of the great LBs of this era of professional football.

i am in no way saying Briggs is the second coming of Ray Ray or anything just that I think he has the size and skill set to be a productive LBer in another scheme orther then the Tampa 2....and of course as always the surrounding cast does make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
i am in no way saying Briggs is the second coming of Ray Ray or anything just that I think he has the size and skill set to be a productive LBer in another scheme orther then the Tampa 2....and of course as always the surrounding cast does make a difference.

If Will Witherspoon can play MLB...then Briggs certainly can. I have always felt though that that position next to Urlacher could be filled by any competent tackler with speed. Williams and Okwo fit the bill...but now it is moot as Briggs is going to be in camp.