[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boneless Pork Ribs...

alexgaddis

First, I don't like the boneless ribs... the country style ribs with bone finish better on the gill IMO. I don't par boil, and I cook on coals, not propane. I use the same technique with chicken.... get the coals good and hot, but in a pile in the middle of the grill. Place the meat around the outside... depending on the grill, sometimes putting the cover down helps speed things up. As the fire cools, I move the meat closer to being directly over the coals. The only downside to this is that I'm always pushing it... the meat has to be watched for flare ups.

Once I've gotten a nice sear on the meat, I use some BBQ sauce, brushed on, and move the meat directly over the coals for about 4 or 5 minutes each side. I've found that most people tend to overcook pork, even pork sausages. A tiny bit of pink in a rib will disappear after the 5 minute rest I give my grilled meats. Pink in chicken is gross... a bit of pink in pork is fine. No blood, but just a trace of pink against the bone is what I shoot for... and it will be juicy and tender. If pork off the grill is tough... it's been over cooked. Even with pork sausages, there should be juices left in the meat. If there aren't, it's been over cooked.

Marinates and BBQ sauces are fine, but pork properly grilled is derned good without anything more than salt and pepper. It should be juicy and tender. That is where the flavor is.

Just doing a quick search I found that most suggest an oven for boneless ribs. My only other suggestion would be to cook it similar to a brisket or as Unta says "low and slow" with some heavy smoke but now that i think about it if there isn't much fat on the meat then it still may end up having the consistency of shoe leather if you smoke it that long.

Cook it in liquid would be the best approach, IMO.

Just doing a quick search I found that most suggest an oven for boneless ribs. My only other suggestion would be to cook it similar to a brisket or as Unta says "low and slow" with some heavy smoke but now that i think about it if there isn't much fat on the meat then it still may end up having the consistency of shoe leather if you smoke it that long.

Cook it in liquid would be the best approach, IMO.

Sounds good, I will try them in the oven next time...:D