[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Indicted

Beaumont

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if that is the only charges he will face, and what the penalties are for what he was indicted of.

That is the same thing I was thinking. I would be curious to see what the penalties could be. Would it be probation? jail time? fines? any combination of the 3.

That is the same thing I was thinking. I would be curious to see what the penalties could be. Would it be probation? jail time? fines? any combination of the 3.

A federal indictment is the worst kind ...

Federal sentencing guidelines I believe?

I bet the Falcons would like to have a do-over on that Matt Schaub trade right about now...

In all seriousness, I believe that people are innocent until proven guilty. However, trouble follows this guy around like his shadow.

Now are these charges more severe than transporting illegals and/or drugs?

Bud, that is not the point...these are ALL illegal things, regardless of what is more severe. As an illegal activity, it should NOT be taking place! Period.

Yep. He's looking at the prospect of finding out how it feels to be strapped into a rape stand first hand...

From wikipedia:

The Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act, a new federal law, was enacted by the U.S. Congress earlier in 2007 and signed by President George W. Bush on May 3, making organizing a dog fight a felony. Using the provisions of the new law, which took effect immediately, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is pursuing similar cases elsewhere with considerable support from humane societies and local police departments. The law provides a penalty of up to three years of jail time and up to a $250,000 fine for each offense of interstate or foreign transport of animals for fighting purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Newz_Kenn...g_investigation

Bud, that is not the point...these are ALL illegal things, regardless of what is more severe. As an illegal activity, it should NOT be taking place! Period.

I'm asking a question on the severity that a sentencing would bring forth. Not the correctness of an illegal activity, bud.

Edited by broncosn05

From wikipedia:

The Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act, a new federal law, was enacted by the U.S. Congress earlier in 2007 and signed by President George W. Bush on May 3, making organizing a dog fight a felony. Using the provisions of the new law, which took effect immediately, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is pursuing similar cases elsewhere with considerable support from humane societies and local police departments. The law provides a penalty of up to three years of jail time and up to a $250,000 fine for each offense of interstate or foreign transport of animals for fighting purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Newz_Kenn...g_investigation

That law was signed in May of 2007. This story has been out there longer than that, so would this law be applicable to this case?

Where is Big Score, isn't he the resident Vick smoker, uh I mean apologist?

Edited by Perchoutofwater