[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biggest surprise and loser of the season!

Every year their is one team that surprises everyone and one team disappoints, it is the nature of the beast. I am curious on your thoughts on this year. Now take some leaps and back it up with some evidence here and MAKE ME BELIEVE!

For instance:

The most over rated team in the NFL doomed for failure this year are the AINTS! I love this team, but last year the stars were aligned and they took full advantage of everything. This year 8-8 no playoffs, unless 8-8 gets you in, which could happen in the NFC. It will still be a disappointing season for the Saints as so many have picked them to be one the the top dogs of the NFC. If they do get in the playoffs it is a first round loss and then they will look to get some real D to compete.

Reasons

1. They had a piss poor schedule last year and took advantage of it. After over looking there schedule they had one impressive win and they barely won that one against the Eagles (Please Dallas homers I know they beat your team, but I am saying impressive wins).

2. This year they get Indy, Seattle, Chicago on the road and Philly, Jack, Tenn at home.

2. There defense is lackluster and mid pack against the AFC North and NFC East last year. Their true colors will shine this year and you will see the D fall to the bottom third of the league making it hard for the O to catch up all the time. The offense will still be good especially for fantasy value playing from behind all the time, but they will not manage 10 wins again (This year they get AFC South and NFC West for those curious) or even the playoffs imo.

3. They will not be underestimated this year at all. I know that no one is underestimated blah blah blah blah it is the NFL, but after 17 years of pro level rugby I can tell you that you get up for some games and not for others. Now that the Aints are looked upon as a top level teams people bring their A game, especially against that o.

4. There own conference is bound to improve which could be devastating and they may be playing the most improved division the year in the NFC West and the AFC South may have tremendous growth as well.

5. The feel good story about the hurricane and Americas team is all over. They lost their chance and now have to find something else to play for.

Most Improved team.....hmmmm really tough one and the Saints were last years most improved from 3-13 the year before.

The Detroit Lions will be the surprise team of the year.

1. Softy Division anything can happen here. Da Bears will rule it again, but as long as Hax Coughman is in charge of the o the Bears can be beat.

2. Offense is going to have lots of weapons and Mike Martz to enforce them. This will be his second year and with the addition of CJ and TB should give him more weapons

3. D is improved and any improvement may get you to 5-1 in this division alone.

4 They won their last game of year they have huge momentum now :D

5. 1-9 in games closer then a TD last year, if they can get to 4-6 this year they improve huge.

6. I am talking playoffs here at 9-7 and a vast improvement for a team that is going to have great firepower and an average D. Sounds likes the Saints of last year.

Good luck and I hope you enjoyed my views.

Runners up for disappointments would be the Colts and Dallas.

Runners up for surprises would be the Steelers (although I think it is not most people do not expect much from them) and Houston.

I can't agree on the Detroit thing. A winning team needs a strong run game to run out the clock once they have the lead. Detroit can't do that. They can't control the ball the way the Saints did last year, and Detroit's D is not strong enough to carry them. Detroit will turn the ball over too much with the amount of passing they do to be a winning team IMO.

Well Vick's gotta be the biggest loser of the season. Oh, you were talking about teams. :D

Biggest step backward from last season? Thats easy, my very own Tennessee Titans. The Titans went 8-8 last year after an 0-5 start mostly on the back of Vince Young. Vince will find the sledding alot rougher this year. He lost Travis "Cheese" Henry to free agency. Henry was an invaluable part of the offense last year and made alot of plays. The Titans #1 WR, Drew Brees also left via FA. He isnt that good, but he was the best Tennessee had. And the loss of Adam "Pacman" Jones is devastating. Say what you want about Pacman off the field. But on it, he is a difference maker, both as a kick returner and as a CB. He was by far the Titans best player on defense and special teams last year. They simply dont have anyone to take up the slack. This is a team looking squarely in the face of a 5-11 type year.

Also rans: Kansas City is horrible; Atlanta Falcons has gone to the dogs;

Biggest step backward from last season? Thats easy, my very own Tennessee Titans. The Titans went 8-8 last year after an 0-5 start mostly on the back of Vince Young. Vince will find the sledding alot rougher this year. He lost Travis "Cheese" Henry to free agency. Henry was an invaluable part of the offense last year and made alot of plays. The Titans #1 WR, Drew Brees also left via FA. He isnt that good, but he was the best Tennessee had. And the loss of Adam "Pacman" Jones is devastating. Say what you want about Pacman off the field. But on it, he is a difference maker, both as a kick returner and as a CB. He was by far the Titans best player on defense and special teams last year. They simply dont have anyone to take up the slack. This is a team looking squarely in the face of a 5-11 type year.

Also rans: Kansas City is horrible; Atlanta Falcons has gone to the dogs;

[edit] the rofl was because, at first glance, I thought you were saying TEN was going to be a sleeper pick this year, not because of the Drew Brees thing. That's just busting ballz.

Drew Brees was the Titans #1 WR? Man, I really need to do more homework before my draft this year. :D

You forgot to mention the Madden Curse on VY this year.

Edited by McNasty

On topic

Suprise-I'd say the Jet's again in the AFCE, with the addition of a RB spurned in Jones, their gonna give the Pat's fit's and I say they split the season series again. Jet's will again be one of the 6 PO teams in the AFC.

Loser- Atlanta Falcons, with the indictment handed down against Vick, it's the tubes this season methinks.

On topic

Suprise-I'd say the Jet's again in the AFCE, with the addition of a RB spurned in Jones, their gonna give the Pat's fit's and I say they split the season series again. Jet's will again be one of the 6 PO teams in the AFC.

Loser- Atlanta Falcons, with the indictment handed down against Vick, it's the tubes this season methinks.

Jets nice I like it, but you think one man will turn it around?

Atlanta may due better now that someone has to throw the ball and they play as a team rather then watch one guy carry the team.

Spain yea unfortunately I agree with you on Ten, but everyone is so hyped on Saints that I thought I would go out on a limb.

Every year their is one team that surprises everyone and one team disappoints, it is the nature of the beast. I am curious on your thoughts on this year. Now take some leaps and back it up with some evidence here and MAKE ME BELIEVE!

For instance:

The most over rated team in the NFL doomed for failure this year are the AINTS! I love this team, but last year the stars were aligned and they took full advantage of everything. This year 8-8 no playoffs, unless 8-8 gets you in, which could happen in the NFC. It will still be a disappointing season for the Saints as so many have picked them to be one the the top dogs of the NFC. If they do get in the playoffs it is a first round loss and then they will look to get some real D to compete.

Reasons

1. They had a piss poor schedule last year and took advantage of it. After over looking there schedule they had one impressive win and they barely won that one against the Eagles (Please Dallas homers I know they beat your team, but I am saying impressive wins).

2. This year they get Indy, Seattle, Chicago on the road and Philly, Jack, Tenn at home.

2. There defense is lackluster and mid pack against the AFC North and NFC East last year. Their true colors will shine this year and you will see the D fall to the bottom third of the league making it hard for the O to catch up all the time. The offense will still be good especially for fantasy value playing from behind all the time, but they will not manage 10 wins again (This year they get AFC South and NFC West for those curious) or even the playoffs imo.

3. They will not be underestimated this year at all. I know that no one is underestimated blah blah blah blah it is the NFL, but after 17 years of pro level rugby I can tell you that you get up for some games and not for others. Now that the Aints are looked upon as a top level teams people bring their A game, especially against that o.

4. There own conference is bound to improve which could be devastating and they may be playing the most improved division the year in the NFC West and the AFC South may have tremendous growth as well.

5. The feel good story about the hurricane and Americas team is all over. They lost their chance and now have to find something else to play for.

First, a disclosure: I'm a Saints homer. Obviously, I expect them to do well, and thus you might fairly discount my opinion on this. That notwithstanding, I think you are mistaken.

1. The Saints have the 25th toughest schedule this season. SOS I wouldn't say that our schedule last year was "piss-poor," either, with games against Philly, Dallas, Baltimore, Bengals, Steelers, etc. We do have some tough games this year against Indy and Chicago, in particular, but we still play in a relatively weak NFC South and get six games against Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta. We also play Arizona, Houston, San Francisco, and the Titans, who I expect to regress.

2. I agree that our defense is not great, but it is also fairly solid. Last year, we finished 11th in team D. Team Defense Rankings Now, do I think the Saints actually have the 11th best D in the league...no. But we are a middle of the pack squad, and that is good enough with the amount of firepower we have on offense. Furthermore, the D should be improved: S Roman Harper will be around for the whole season, we've upgraded the CB position with Jason David and Usama Young, and we've added depth at tackle (Clancy), LB (Simmons), and S (Kaesviharn).

3. The concept that the Saints were "underestimated" beyond three or four games into last year simply fails to recognize the level of preparation and effort that NFL teams put into gameplanning every week. Sure, teams will look at the Saints a little differently this year, but this will have a moderate effect on the outcomes on the field at best.

4. Finally, you fail to mention that this is a young team that has only begun to realize its potential. Reggie Bush was remarkably better down the stretch last year, and we'll get to see what he can do over the course of a whole season. Marques Colston similarly comes back with a year of experience under his belt. The offensive line was very good last year, and it was thrown together in the offseason. It will benefit from the continuity and from added depth (Alleman, Bushrod). We've also added a new option at TE in Eric Johnson, who, if he can stay healthy (admittedly, a big if), gives the Saints a legitimate receiving option at the position that they have lacked for quite a while. Finally, and most importantly, we still have an all-pro QB in the prime of his career in Drew Brees, and I just don't see him allowing this team to win less than 9 games.

Certainly, I can understand the arguments for the idea that the Saints might regress; however, I don't see much chance of them being the "biggest surprise loser" of the season.

The Detroit Lions will be the surprise team of the year.

1. Softy Division anything can happen here. Da Bears will rule it again, but as long as Hax Coughman is in charge of the o the Bears can be beat.

2. Offense is going to have lots of weapons and Mike Martz to enforce them. This will be his second year and with the addition of CJ and TB should give him more weapons

3. D is improved and any improvement may get you to 5-1 in this division alone.

4 They won their last game of year they have huge momentum now :D

5. 1-9 in games closer then a TD last year, if they can get to 4-6 this year they improve huge.

6. I am talking playoffs here at 9-7 and a vast improvement for a team that is going to have great firepower and an average D. Sounds likes the Saints of last year.

Good luck and I hope you enjoyed my views.

Runners up for disappointments would be the Colts and Dallas.

Runners up for surprises would be the Steelers (although I think it is not most people do not expect much from them) and Houston.

People keep on saying it and one of these years it'll be true. Will this be the year after 5 previous years of many saying that "they'll be good this season"?

An ellipsis is three periods (dots). Like this"..."

All people who no or folow this rule should be draged outside and imediately put out of there.....MISERY!

Alpaca loved your argument and may I say it was compelling, but I considered and decided to stay with my frist decision.

Anyone else have any ideas besides the Jets!

Edit: to mispell some stuff for the pirateboy!

Why are pirates so mean?

They just harrrrrr!

God I hate that one, but it comes to mind every time I hear or see a pirate.

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

• 1 month later...

Ny giants ( my team by the way ) will be a huge disaster ...no tiki , weaker defense than last year , continued mutiny againt coughlin ...5 win season is possible

49ers will be my surprise pick as I believe they will not only make playoffs but make it to conference finals ...gore , improving alex smith , d jax , healthy vernon davis and improving d all in a pretty weak division

Surprise

I think the Raiders are going to surprise this year. More than adequate D. The Bed & Breakfast offense is now a thing of the past (& lets face it, it was a thing of the past last year too). Porter is now out of Shell's doghouse. Lamont Jordan has a rather large chip on his shoulder. C-Pep (or even McClown) is an upgrade over ConVick's counsin.

Loser

Duh! Gotta go with Atlanta.