[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do you rank Michael Vick this year?

Chief Dick

I think most of you are missing Chief Dick's point..... His original question had nothing to do with Vick's guilt or character. From a fantasy football perspective, I would probably spend one of my last 2-3 picks on him IF the situation was right. For example, in a 12-team league, if I happened to be one of the last owners to draft a backup QB, and wasn't too excited about my options, I would possibly grab Vick as a 3rd QB. If my #1 were to get hurt, and #2 was very weak, and Vick ended up playing for part of the year, it could turn out to be a good value pick.

I agree also that Vick has historically been overrated as an NFL QB. As a fantasy QB, however, the numbers don't lie. He has been a relatively productive (top 10-15) QB regularly. And, in certain matchups, he has produced RB-like rushing yards and TD's, so you're bound to get at least one of those "monster" games from him if he plays. All I am trying to say is that, IF he plays, I would rather have him as my 3rd option than to count on TD passes next year from guys like Losman, Quinn, and Russell. In deep leagues where rosters are 16 players or more, you're not going to find anything on the waiver wire at the QB position, so having a 3rd QB, even if he is a huge risk, is paramount.

In CBFL(BOTH) he was the 3rd ranked QB behind Manning and Brees last year. It kind of shocked me we I traded for him to have a reserve QB being rated that high. Did the trade before of this legal stuff came up, now looking like an idiot.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a slap in the face to Cunningham to compare Vick to him.he had 5 seasons of over 20 TD's passing and twice he had over 30 TD's passing

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/CunnRa00.htm

That's fair enough. Cunningham had a few pretty good years, and after I went and looked at his numbers, I was surprised how many times he threw for over 3000 yards. (5) However, other than his two 30+ TD seasons, he threw for 20+ only 3 times. In 16 years. Granted, he only played 12 or more games a year 8 of those 16 years. Which leads to his durability being a question.

The thing about Cunningham was, his big plays came on busted plays. His 'Let me be me' crap was an excuse because he couldn't play in the system. His numbers are better than Vicks, but I stand by what I said earlier. Cunningham was a great athlete, not a great QB. A sandlot guy.

That's fair enough. Cunningham had a few pretty good years, and after I went and looked at his numbers, I was surprised how many times he threw for over 3000 yards. (5) However, other than his two 30+ TD seasons, he threw for 20+ only 3 times. In 16 years. Granted, he only played 12 or more games a year 8 of those 16 years. Which leads to his durability being a question.

The thing about Cunningham was, his big plays came on busted plays. His 'Let me be me' crap was an excuse because he couldn't play in the system. His numbers are better than Vicks, but I stand by what I said earlier. Cunningham was a great athlete, not a great QB. A sandlot guy.

Injury was his big downfall. in seasons where he was the undisputed starter(and stayed semi healthy) his teams went 78-48. he put up good stats in those years also.

Don't get me wrong as I am not saying Cunningham was the greatest ever. but he was more than a sandlot guy.

Yeah,Injuries stopped that from happening. that was a good bet by you.

Agreed. If Cunningham stayed healthy, he'd be in.

But, we're getting off track, this thread is supposed to be about Vick. Sorry folks.

If he does play, I foresee several 3, 4, and 5 turnover games for Mr. Vick.

I don't.

Let's face it, he doesn't produce like a "traditional" QB, but at the end of the day he seems to be ranked near the top in QB points.

Vick=value this year, which is what you want in FF.

I don't.

Let's face it, he doesn't produce like a "traditional" QB, but at the end of the day he seems to be ranked near the top in QB points.

Vick=value this year, which is what you want in FF.

That was in the past. This is a totally different year.