[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What if...

peepinmofo

What if all this Mike Vick business came up before the draft. Who would they have taken? Would they have selected Quinn, and how much could this potentially screw them up over the next several years?

Just curious what some of the thoughts are... I never thought about it til just now, and truthfully, I have no conclusion yet. :D

What if all this Mike Vick business came up before the draft. Who would they have taken? Would they have selected Quinn, and how much could this potentially screw them up over the next several years?

Just curious what some of the thoughts are... I never thought about it til just now, and truthfully, I have no conclusion yet. :D

I don't think the Falcons will switch their franchise player until he is given due process. They might have went after Trent Green who I think could have put together a great season in Petrino's offense, but Atlanta loves DJ Shockley and they already had Harrington. I think we've got the right coaches in place. And think Vick will have immediate results when he plays again...

I don't think the Falcons will switch their franchise player until he is given due process. They might have went after Trent Green who I think could have put together a great season in Petrino's offense, but Atlanta loves DJ Shockley and they already had Harrington. I think we've got the right coaches in place. And think Vick will have immediate results when he plays again...

Broncos, just because he tortured dogs instead of human beings, don't underestimate just how much freaking trouble this guy is in. You'd do best to get it into your head now... :D MICHAEL VICK WILL NEVER PLAY ANOTHER DOWN IN THE NFL.

Edited by The Wolf

Hey Broncs, no offense but you haven't been right about anything involving Vick and this case yet. Your dirty bird colored glasses have helped you continue saying that he wouldn't get indicted, that he wouldn't be suspended and now you're talking about when he plays again. My man, Vick's career is O-V-E-R!!! He will be found guilty and go to prison. Bye-bye.

And to answer the original question, no I don't thing Atlanta would've taken Quinn. But like others have said they may have gone after another veteran like Green.

Edited by irish

Broncos, just because he tortured dogs instead of human beings, don't underestimate just how much freaking trouble this guy is in. You'd do best to get it into your head now... :D MICHAEL VICK WILL NEVER PLAY ANOTHER DOWN IN THE NFL.

You beat me to it.

And you guys are blind if you haven't seen that all I'm doing is allowing the legal process play out, before calling this guy Satan.

And all I'm saying is it has nothing to do with the fact that you've stated that the guy has the right to due process, it's about you being wrong with all your crystal ball predictions so far. You have very clearly stated that he would not get indicted, not be suspended and now you think he'll play again. By the time it's all said and done you will have been wrong on all counts like he was. By the way, don't look now, the guy's considered Satan by most in the nation outside of the oblivious Atlanta fans.

Did you see the guy they interviewed on ESPN he thinks they should just forget everything he's done and give him another chance? I was laughing my ass off at what a dope he sounded like. :D

Edited by irish

And all I'm saying is it has nothing to do with the fact that you've stated that the guy has the right to due process, it's about you being wrong with all your crystal ball predictions so far. You have very clearly stated that he would not get indicted, not be suspended and now you think he'll play again. By the time it's all said and done you will have been wrong on all counts like he was. By the way, don't look now, the guy's consider Satan by most in the nationoutside of the oblivious Atlanta fans.

Did you see the guy they interviewed on ESPN he thinks they should just forget everything he's done and give him another chance. I was laughing my ass off at what a dope he sounded like. :D

I don't remember saying he would not be indicted. I did say he wouldn't be suspended. And to this point he hasn't. I do disagree with the guy on ESPN because if all of those charges in the indictment are correct I feel there's no way he'll play in the NFL again. I mean if all of these animal activists are so crazy already just wait if he is found guilty.

I don't remember saying he would not be indicted. I did say he wouldn't be suspended. And to this point he hasn't. I do disagree with the guy on ESPN because if all of those charges in the indictment are correct I feel there's no way he'll play in the NFL again. I mean if all of these animal activists are so crazy already just wait if he is found guilty.

I'm not the best searching and couldn't turn anything up on the indictment claims However, these were more than enough...

Innocent. :D:D

BTW I, probably the only one on this site, still hope and think Vick will not be suspended for this mess.

Vick's innocent.

Vick would not be suspended or jailed for this. I said that it will stand that Vick had nothing to do with it.

Jay Glaser reports that Vick has been asked by Goodell not to report to training camp...and the league confirmed this.

Here is what I think. Me thinks that Goodell, Blank, Vick and Vick's agent are all sitting around telling Mike that he had better plea bargain with the Feds...offer up all the major players in the multi-state dog fighting ring and pay a huge fine to the .gov. Then, the league will suspend Vick for a season with a possibility of reinstatement after 10 games....like Pacman. However, since he cannot go to Falcons facilities during suspension....he will get shot and killed by someone associated with the dog fighting ring to supress his testimony.

Wow...maybe I will team up with John Grisham for a new novel!!!!!

I'm not the best searching and couldn't turn anything up on the indictment claims However, these were more than enough...

I stand by all of those. If not Vick flat lied to his owner (no phun intended) and the commisioner. And if he did I want nothing to do with him.

Edited by broncosn05

I stand by all of those. If not Vick flat lied to his owner (no phun intended) and the commisioner. And if he did I want nothing to do with him.

Very true.

I don't think the Falcons will switch their franchise player until he is given due process. They might have went after Trent Green who I think could have put together a great season in Petrino's offense, but Atlanta loves DJ Shockley and they already had Harrington. I think we've got the right coaches in place. And think Vick will have immediate results if he plays again...

Fixed

:D Sounds like a suspension to me...even though they are not calling it that...

It's not a suspension - it's a leave of absence. The difference? Vick gets paid during a LoA. That said, training camp money isn't very significant and players don't start collecting the big checks until they start playing in regular season games. It does give Blank & ATL some buffer in this thing while keeping the Vick trainwreck off the field once training camp starts.

The Falcons will select Brohm next year whether Vick is there or not

Isnt he the top QB next year as of now? I think theyll need a top 5 pick in the draft unless they trade a lot, but I dont see them finishing bottom 5 in the league this year...

Isnt he the top QB next year as of now? I think theyll need a top 5 pick in the draft unless they trade a lot, but I dont see them finishing bottom 5 in the league this year...

they just might be in the bottom 5, and even if their not, if their in the bottom 10 it wouldn't be too hard to move up. the Falcs are a team getting worse, not better

...but Atlanta loves DJ Shockley...

They may love him (being a UGA guy and all) but he's not a Petrino type QB. I guess neither is Vick but you have to assume that Petrino's next QB will be more like Brohm, if not Brohm himself.

Also, he'll be viewed by Petrino's staff as a "Mora/Knapp" guy rather than a part of what they're trying to accomplish now. It happens all the time in coaching changes.

Edited by kingfish247

It's not a suspension - it's a leave of absence. The difference? Vick gets paid during a LoA. That said, training camp money isn't very significant and players don't start collecting the big checks until they start playing in regular season games. It does give Blank & ATL some buffer in this thing while keeping the Vick trainwreck off the field once training camp starts.

+1 Just read this on ESPN.com:

While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy," Goodell said in a letter to the quarterback.

The NFL said Vick would still get his preseason pay and Goodell told the Falcons to withhold any disciplinary action of their own until the league's review was completed

Vick will not see the field this year. The advisors around him, worried that they are going to lose their cash cow, will advise Vick he needs to start rehabilitating his image right now. That means he will stike a deal with the Feds quickly. He will see some prison time, but not much, in exchange for his cooperation. He will go on probation, and a condition of which will be comunity service, which he will fulfill by doing public service announcements about cruelty to animals, but which will be as much about painting him as contrite. He will have a public religious epiphany. Possibly this will come with a name change to signify his rebirth and to get away from the damaged brand that is the name "Micheal Vick". All of this will take him through next year.

Sometime next year he will start working out as a W.R. Why? No team will trust him for the face of their franchise, but some team will still covet his athletic gifts. He will float trial ballons on this possibility, but things will still be too raw for him to come back. He may, demonstrate his skills in Canada as much to allow the final public vitriol to be spent as to truly showcase his skills. In 2009 he will make an NFL roster under his new name as a W.R./K.R. He will do well at that. America loves a redemption story. We also love humbling our heros and watching them dance. Mike Vick is going to learn to dance.