[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benglas depth chart

Bengals fans aren't happy. From their board-

Roger Goodell's info. (NFL commissioner)

email address: Roger Goodell

(Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net)

Telephone #: 1-212-450-2000 or (212) 450-2027(this one got through!!!)

LETS GET BUSY!!! I suggest you all keep it civil, but DEMAND AN EXPLANATION!!!

Edited by Randall

Looks like Odell is going to appeal the suspension. http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6147

Odell Thurman's representatives say he plans to file an appeal through the NFL Players Association early next week in a bid to at least reduce NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's extension of Thurman's suspension for another year.

The process starts early next week with attorney John Michels sending a letter to the NFLPA requesting that it argue the grievance and it then has 30 days to decide if it will take the case.

"It's a difficult appeal," said Michels Friday night. "The first tier is to convince the NFLPA and then it would go to the commissioner and he made the original decision."

Michels plans to draw up a letter this weekend, have Thurman read it Monday, and then send it to the union.

"We've got the backing of the team and the appeal should be received Monday," said Safarrah Lawson, who has known Thurman for several years. "We feel like he has complied with the guidelines set down by the league. He hasn't had a positive test. He's been clean and they can test him up to 10 times a month."

"He's extremely disappointed," said Lawson of Thurman. "He was where he had to be whenever he had to be there."

Goodell has a mixed record on his recent appeals. Pacman Jones withdrew his appeal of his one-year suspension for violations of the conduct policy after meeting with the commissioner. Two weeks ago Goodell reduced Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen's four-game suspension to two for two DUIs.

Michels takes heart in the Allen case, but is cautious.

"It's not that similar because they were in different stages of the substance abuse program," said Michels of a program in which Thurman was ahead of Allen in Stage Three. "But it is something we can look at. We're just surprised at what happened, and we hope we can get them to look at some things."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/308010038

Suspended Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman violated his Hamilton County probation and must show up in court to explain why.

Thurman, who was suspended all of last season and for all of the 2007 season by the NFL, was supposed to report to his Hamilton County probation officer July 24.

When he didn’t, Probation Officers Liz Albert and Bob Lutkenhoff filed a criminal complaint against him for not reporting.

They also said Thurman still owes $574 in fees, fines and costs due the probation department.

Thurman’s Cincinnati attorney, Ed Perry, didn’t return calls today.

The probation was set by Municipal Court Judge John Burlew after Thurman, 23, was arrested and charged with drunk driving.

Initially, Burlew sentenced the linebacker from the University of Georgia to 90 days in jail but reduced that to a six-day, in-treatment program after Thurman admitted he was an alcoholic and spent several months this year in rehab.

Burlew also suspended the player’s driver’s license and placed him on probation.

Court records note Thurman was on probation less than two months before he was accused of violating it.

Thurman, whose NFL career could be ended by this probation violation, must report Aug. 21 to Burlew to address the violation.

I have to assume that this was part of the reason why his reinstatement was denied. And if that's the case he is an idiot. I mean how hard can it be to make sure that you report to your probation officer on time. Especially when you have millions of dollars on the line.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/308010038

I have to assume that this was part of the reason why his reinstatement was denied. And if that's the case he is an idiot. I mean how hard can it be to make sure that you report to your probation officer on time. Especially when you have millions of dollars on the line.

I would tend to doubt it. I would think the NFL looking into that incident in GA or a failed test is more likely. Either way he is still pretty clueless.