[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So I finally watched Top Chef

AtomicCEO

The wife and I have watched Hell's Kitchen for a while, and we tuned in to Top Chef last night to see the difference.

Meh.

They don't actually go into more detail on the cooking, and they substitute gay drama for angry drama. I prefer angry.

You're crazy. The chefs on top chef are considerably better than those on Hells Kitchen. The chefs on Hells kitchen couldn't cook their way out of a McDonalds. I haven't been that impressed with that show at all. They lack creativity and originality. Half the food they make I can make.

Watch a few more episodes and you'll see that there's a considerable difference in talent between the shows.

You're crazy. The chefs on top chef are considerably better than those on Hells Kitchen. The chefs on Hells kitchen couldn't cook their way out of a McDonalds. I haven't been that impressed with that show at all. They lack creativity and originality. Half the food they make I can make.

Watch a few more episodes and you'll see that there's a considerable difference in talent between the shows.

Talent schmalent. I'm not actually eating the food. And they don't go into much detail on how it is actually prepared.

I like Chef Ramsay. I'm looking forward to the American version of his Kitchen Nightmares show from the BBC. I've seen a few episodes of the British version on OnDemand, and it should be good.

Actually the gal that won season two of Hell's kitchen can cook circles around any of the TC competition and manage (extremely important) a kitchen much better. When attending WCOFF go out to Redrock and try her fare.

I have to agree with Atomic here. I have watched both shows, and I find Hell's Kitchen to be far more entertaining. I think the sense of urgency provided by having the contestants work actual (if canned) dinner services makes it more compelling on some level than TC. And, Ramsey is the man. Although HK could easily be edited to 30 min, they tend to show the same reactions and recaps over and over and over.

I have noticed though that amongst my foodie buddies, there definitely seems to be a consensus that Top Chef is better, and that Hell's Kitchen is crap. Maybe because it's on Fox, I dunno...

Edited by Bonehand

Actually the gal that won season two of Hell's kitchen can cook circles around any of the TC competition and manage (extremely important) a kitchen much better. When attending WCOFF go out to Redrock and try her fare.

It was my understanding that Ramsey is responsible for the menu. She just follows directions.

I'm sure the food is good nonetheless.

Although HK could easily be edited to 30 min, they tend to show the same reactions and recaps over and over and over.

This is very true. Very.

But I always watch it on the DVR. We skip the recap at the beginning, and we start skipping forward right before any major decision, because you know they're going to parlay it out with the music and the reaction shots and then go to commercial anyway... then come back and recap the moment anyway before actually giving the decision.

That editing style leaves much to be desired, but I consider myself master of the 30-second skip. If I was watching live I'd probably be pissed off.

It was my understanding that Ramsey is responsible for the menu. She just follows directions.

I'm sure the food is good nonetheless.

you are correct, Ramsey has his paws all over that place, probably checking her internal temp now and then :D

Help a n00b out:

So I've always worked with gas grills. I just got my first ever charcoal grill and I have a basic question. I'm done cooking and the bottom of the grill is filled with ash. How do I get it out of there? Is there a special shovel I can buy or something? And what should I do with the ash? Garbage? Or is there any other use for it?

:D

HK is okay. I like Top Chef. I was glad Casey won the quickfire this past week. I'd hit her like a pinata.