[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gonzo (IND WR) Signs

BeeR

Colts come to terms with Gonzalez

By Tony Pauline- TFY Draft

Posted Jul 25, 2007

With camp just around the corner more and more first round picks are agreeing to contracts. The final pick of round one has negotiated a deal with the Colts.

Sources representing Anthony Gonzalez informed us the 32nd pick of last April's first round has agreed in principle to a five year deal with the Indianapolis Colts. The agreement came about at 2:30 this afternoon.

No terms were disclosed and are not expected to be released until Gonzalez signs the contract later this week.

Technically, he hasn't signed yet, apparently.

No terms were disclosed and are not expected to be released until Gonzalez signs the contract later this week.[/i]

Technically, he hasn't signed yet, apparently.

I heard on the way in to work this morning what the figures were. Here's an Indy Star article on it:
The Indianapolis Colts secured their top draft pick today, signing wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez to a five-year, $7.5 million contract.

Mike McCartney, Gonzalez’s agent, confirmed the deal. It guarantees Gonzalez approximately $5.4 million. The total package could be worth as much as $10.3 million if Gonzalez triggers various escalators.

Nice. Gonzalez is a bright guy (wasn't he a National Merit Scholar?) and I see him picking up Indy's offense quickly. He'll contribute this year and Peyton may be back up to 40 TDs again.

I also can't wait to see how much crap he gets in the locker room about his oxygen tent. :D

I also can't wait to see how much crap he gets in the locker room about his oxygen tent. :D

:D I can't wait to see who his roomy will be. There will be a fun story.

I think Peyton's gonna love Anthony. He's fast, smart.....and he will run the designed route. With Harrison and Wayne taken within the top 7 WR slots in most of our drafts.....don't be surprised to find Gonzo taken top 20. And even being 3rd on Indy's depth chart.....don't be surprised to find him finishing top 20 in stats for the year and moving up in years to come.

My :D