[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jacobs turning 4.4 40s

Bronco Billy

The mold for every big back should be Bettis, he was huge, had power, but he could actually make a defender miss. What made him the best was that he could make 1 or 2 moves, and although most of the times it wouldn't make a defender miss, it would make them have to grab for an arm tackle, and we know what happens when you tried to arm tackle the Bus. I hope Jacobs can find this balance to go with his power.

LINK

OC Kevin Gilbride on the Giants' RB situation:

*Gilbride on the depth chart at running back:

“You start with Brandon (Jacobs) as the guy with Rueben (Droughns) competing for as much playing time as he can get and Brandon trying to hold off and trying to get as much as he can hold on to. But, I mean, there are other guys there too. Derrick Ward, is a young guy that we are anxious to see what he can do. Again, as Tom (Coughlin) talked about, there is some interesting competition at certain positions and it is probably not proper for me to say that I think this guy is going to start. But right now you got to say that Brandon is the guy we feel confident in to be the running back to carry the ball 20-25 times a game, but we will let it all play out.”

Now that's what scares me about Jacobs. It's not the man himself, because I think he's got the right combination of talent, work ethic, and opportunity to be a very successful starting RB in the NFL. What scares me is his coaching staff. My issues with Kevin Gilbride go all the way back to his days as the offensive coordinator for my beloved and long gone Houston Oilers, and as someone who has lived in Jacksonville for the past six years, I can tell you that things can get ugly pretty quickly once Tom Coughlin has worn out his welcome.

Now I'm in a keeper league, so I held onto Jacobs over players like Marion Barber III, Julius Jones, and Jerious Norwood. Like I said, I think he's going to be a fine player, and I expect the current Giants coaching staff will be long gone by this time next year. Meanwhile, I think he'll have some good games this year, but I also think he'll have some bad ones as well as I expect the Giants to struggle thorugh this season in general. All of the news I've read about Jacobs this off season has been overwhelmingly positive, but if you're in a redraft, be careful not to reach for him, especially if you don't have a strong RB1 to pair with him and a plan in place to cover yourself if the Giants actually do implode in 2007.

P.S. As someone who owns Jacobs in a keeper league, a trade to Pittsburgh would suit me just fine, Return to Sender!

Edited by tomfin2000