[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Impromptu focus group for an almost-built website

msaint

Not 100% completed yet, some more sections to come, still some bugs, no music or sound FX....but please check it out, poke around, waste some time at work and get fired....it's always good to get opinions from the more learned of the FF audience. :D

www.espnfantasyhalloffame.com

Edited by msaint

Some of your "studs" are for one year and some are for more than one year. I would expect a "stud" to have done it for more than one year...

And, I didn't see any "older" studs, like Marino, Jerry Rice, etc... Why?

Some of your "studs" are for one year and some are for more than one year. I would expect a "stud" to have done it for more than one year...

And, I didn't see any "older" studs, like Marino, Jerry Rice, etc... Why?

I actually had guys on my list going back as far as 1974 (Pete Banaszak as the original touchdown vulture, e.g.), John Riggins, Don "Majik Man" Majikowski, Rodney Hampton, Dalton Hilliard, Carl Pickens, Mark Rypien, Jim Everett, Natrone Means, Christian Okoye, Chris Warren, Tony Martin, many others -- and older studs, too, like Emmitt, Rice, Marino, Favre, etc. -- but the ESPN editorial folks imposed a 10-year cut off. Guess they had to set a limit somewhere, but I would imagine down the road we'll open it up to the older guys.

And yes, Muck, when you're done checking out the site you can come wash my car and do my laundry, too. Slacker.

Edited by msaint

Looks very slick and well put together. Sort of makes you think "why hasn't this been done before?" The inductees are surprisingly extensive and cover a large number of years - even I had to think back about some of them. I also like them all wearing the same jacket (apparently).

The Fantasy GM Wing of Honor is interesting and I recognize what it trying to be accomplished, but I would imagine most people would immediately question it since there are ten of thousands of leagues. It's great to get in there but wouldn't imagine many people would nominate anyone but themselves for it. I like the player angle exponentially more than that.

Getting some visible buy-in by players would be HUGE in terms of small player video clips and such. If you want to generate community and interaction, then I would think having fantasy players do the voting would accomplish most of that. Very cool overall and very well done.

Looks very slick and well put together. Sort of makes you think "why hasn't this been done before?" The inductees are surprisingly extensive and cover a large number of years - even I had to think back about some of them. I also like them all wearing the same jacket (apparently).

The Fantasy GM Wing of Honor is interesting and I recognize what it trying to be accomplished, but I would imagine most people would immediately question it since there are ten of thousands of leagues. It's great to get in there but wouldn't imagine many people would nominate anyone but themselves for it. I like the player angle exponentially more than that.

Getting some visible buy-in by players would be HUGE in terms of small player video clips and such. If you want to generate community and interaction, then I would think having fantasy players do the voting would accomplish most of that. Very cool overall and very well done.

David, ESPN is doing the work :D