[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here's a hypothetical for you

Bronco Billy

Man...that is an interesting scenario. I must concur that dropping LJ out of the first round borders on the farcical, but at the same time...handcuff city is how I see it. I would have to grab LJ if he fell to me and then look for Smith late to make myself even consider that mess. Priest doesn't factor in, to me, beyond a third down back in this scenario. His injury and age make him a liability, regardless of a hypothetically solid preseason.

I see no value in PH as I see this as doing what it takes for the 1.6 mil......he could retire after the money becomes garunteed. LJ will be the major inigma in the draft season because of the posturing going on right now. I'd take him as RB2 under the current umbrella early and then try to land a TJones type.

So you are saying that none of the 3 RBs mentioned above in the scenario presented have any value to you whatsoever?

That how leagues are lost right there. You have to have a squeal point where it is at a certain point in the draft and those guys are available that you'd be willing to burn a draft pick on at least one of them. Where is your squeal point for each one?

First of all, why are you trying to find irish's squeal point?

Second, I think even without a holdout, LJ will be overvalued this year, and hopefully, I am not in a position to have to pass on him. Then, in my mind, it becomes a handcuff situation with Smith. Priest is an afterthought.

Holmes restructed his contract so that he is only getting $870,000 as I understand it.

Yep that's correct, and that was part of the 1.6 mill I mentioned being the rest is for 2009.