[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Live Draft Board?

uberfootball

Hello Everyone,

I'm a first year commissioner and I was wondering which Draft Board / Kit do you use? I'm running a 12 team league and any advice or suggestions for setting up and running my draft would be appreciated. I did a search for draft boards and I think these two don't look too bad Commish Kit or Ebay

I think I would like one that is free standing of some sort. Or should I just make my own personalized board and just buy the labels?

Thanks,

uber

The two boards you have links to are comparable so I'd go with the cheaper Ebay product (it looks like a smaller version of the board used for WCOFF leagues). Neither is very big so your owners may have trouble seeing who's been picked. If you've got the wall space I would suggest taping large white poster boards to a wall and using a Sharpie to list the picks by position. I've done that for years and it works well.

I've been using the one that you have from ebay for at least three or four years now for both baseball and football and have had no problems. It is easy to view for everyone and is free standing if you weigh it down. They have a website that you can order straight from you can google FJ Fantasy Sports and that should give you the link.

Our league has been using the board and labels from http://fantasylabels.com/index.html and we are very satisfied. The labels are larger than most and very easy to see and read. They offer different color codings for WR/TE if they are combined in your league as well as IDP, etc. The draft board is simply paper but I staple it to a large piece of foam board and it works fine.

How did it add a hour to the draft?

Not this board in particular. I found that just the idea of having someone take the time to find the name and add it to the board added an hour or so to an already lengthy draft. While the cool factor is definitely there :D, it was much faster to just yell out the name and let everyone keep track themself.

But if I was going to have a draftboard, the jumbo size at draftkit would be the one I purchased again.

Edited by Puddy

I think I will probably go with the one from ebay.

IMO that board is way too small. 3.5 ft wide by 4.75 ft long won't cut it unless you don't mind a lot of the owners not being able to see it clearly. The jumbo draftkit one is 4 feet high by 12 feet long. Will cost you an extra $17 total but take it from experience, the other is a waste of money (as a point of reference, CBSSportsline sends one out with purchase of their service that is probably that size. It just isn't worth it.)

So my final advice is scrap the idea or pony up the extra coin to really have an impressive draft board.

Oh and I am in no way affiliated with draftkit, it's just in this case bigger is better.

Not this board in particular. I found that just the idea of having someone take the time to find the name and add it to the board added an hour or so to an already lengthy draft. While the cool factor is definitely there :D, it was much faster to just yell out the name and let everyone keep track themself.

But if I was going to have a draftboard, the jumbo size at draftkit would be the one I purchased again.

We use the Draft Kit as well. Get yourself 2 sticker chicks to place the stickers during the draft and you won't mind a slight delay. :D

Go to the following site and type in COMMISH to get a 10% discount. These guys are personal friends of mine and have good stuff for your draft:

http://www.fantasydraftlabels.com/mailers/mailer1.html

If their personal friends then what kind of discount do I get if I type in "spain"?

Edited by Mystykoekaki

If their personal friends then what kind of discount do I get if I type in "spain"?

Ask and you shall receive! Type in the word "Spain" and you get a 15% discount. It doesnt get better than that guys!

Ask and you shall receive! Type in the word "Spain" and you get a 15% discount. It doesnt get better than that guys!

Do these momo's have a jumbo draft board of 4 feet by 12 feet? If not, no discount is worth it. If so, where was my discount three years ago :D

Yo Spain - no promises on the reach around......(now what you do on your personal time...is your business)

SPAIN discount is still open. Thanks to all the HUDDLERS that have ordered. We APPRECIATE it in as we get this site off the ground. Thanks guys we're working hard to supply a good option at a good price for your draft.

To use your SPAIN discount (15%) enter that word in the CUSTOMER REG. CODE and click register.

FANTASYDRAFTLABELS.COM

and.....Spain....go the ATM and fill er up before poker on Sunday!