[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick's Co-Defendent has pled GUILTY

DMD

Per ESPN, Tony Taylor pleaded guilty this morning, but was reportedly NOT guaranteed a lesser sentence. So I have no idea what that means.

Add this twist, Taylor pleads Guilty because Vick's camp is going to pay him a fortune to keep his name out of the court. Just a thought. :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add this twist, Taylor pleads Guilty because Vick's camp is going to pay him a fortune to keep his name out of the court. Just a thought. :D

That's very plausable.

The "posse" can't survive if the breadwinner is in jail. Someone steps up, takes the fall for Vick, collects a nice paycheck for serving time and at the same time earns the respect of the rest of the rest of the gang. Happens all the time.

Not true.

I know a guy who was murdered in New Haven CT six months ago. He was black, didn't have a lot of money and not too many people will miss him. Didn't even make the local news. No one protested outside the courthouse. I guess he was worth less than a dog.

People protesting this dogfighting thing may claim to be trying to call attention to animal rights, but they're really trying to call attention to themselves.

So people apparently don't have a legitaimate claim to protest dogfighting unless they protest human murder & maiming first & louder?

That's very plausable.

The "posse" can't survive if the breadwinner is in jail. Someone steps up, takes the fall for Vick, collects a nice paycheck for serving time and at the same time earns the respect of the rest of the rest of the gang. Happens all the time.

I'll reiterate that this is the Feds going after Vick. They didn't indict Vick to simply put a toady taking the fall in jail.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Wasn't Taylor the one who had a falling-out with Vick and his crew a few years ago?

"T" has reason to flip then--he doesn't need to defend Vick. Then again, he may be flipping to stick Vick with the rap since he got booted off Mike Island. I think the real question will be how to get twelve jurors who have not already formed a definitive opinion about the situation. Now that's a challenge.

:D

You all act as if T (or whatever his gang banger monicker is) flipping is critical.

The Feds got the indictment & were prepared to go to court without T. Nothing has changed as far as Vick in concerned unless it has gotten significantly worse. It sure didn't get better, T or no T.

Edited by Bronco Billy

That's very plausable.

Plausible? Happens all the time? You're confusing real life with TV.

And this is not an animal rights issue -- the Swerskis and Broco Billys of the world wouldn't be arguing in favor of animal rights. While we may not have the religious affiliations, the dog is revered in this culture as much as a cow is in India. If you offered someone a dish featuring dog meat, they'd consider you barbaric and probably call the law. Yes, I'm suggesting that if it were cockfighting, it would still be considered bad, but not nearly to the degree of dog fighting, especially with stories of wanton abuse of dogs.

Many of us, including almost all of us who love dogs, see someone who abuses a dog as, at the very least, having a severe character flaw, and yes, a sociopath who is a mere step away from having the same disregard for human life. Myself, I can think of all kinds of anecdotal evidence where a guy who abuses his dog also abuses his wife or girlfriend or kids -- and it never surprises me. That's where the outrage is coming from. It's not like PETA is gonna get a membership swell because of this thing.

There is nothing logical about culture. Barbaric is defined not by logic, but by social norms and mores, and in this culture, dog abuse is barbaric. And people who ignore the social norms and mores do so at their own peril, and quite usually end up in jail.

Personally, I hope someone arranges for Mr. Vick to get raped by a mastiff. Just for the dog's amusement, of course.

And this is not an animal rights issue -- the Swerskis and Broco Billys of the world wouldn't be arguing in favor of animal rights.

:D

I think that was a shot...

Personally, I hope someone arranges for Mr. Vick to get raped by a mastiff. Just for the dog's amusement, of course.

Those pups would be interesting. They'd be fast as hell but couldn't hit the newspaper or fire hydrant when they peed.

And this is not an animal rights issue -- the Swerskis and Broco Billys of the world wouldn't be arguing in favor of animal rights.

LOL at how you act like you know anything about me.

There is nothing logical about culture.

Just as their is nothing logical about your posts.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you've never seen the inside of a Federal Courthouse.

And this is not an animal rights issue -- the Swerskis and Broco Billys of the world wouldn't be arguing in favor of animal rights. While we may not have the religious affiliations, the dog is revered in this culture as much as a cow is in India. If you offered someone a dish featuring dog meat, they'd consider you barbaric and probably call the law. Yes, I'm suggesting that if it were cockfighting, it would still be considered bad, but not nearly to the degree of dog fighting, especially with stories of wanton abuse of dogs.

I see more stories of wanton abuse of people than I do of dogs. With no protest.

Many of us, including almost all of us who love dogs, see someone who abuses a dog as, at the very least, having a severe character flaw, and yes, a sociopath who is a mere step away from having the same disregard for human life. Myself, I can think of all kinds of anecdotal evidence where a guy who abuses his dog also abuses his wife or girlfriend or kids -- and it never surprises me. That's where the outrage is coming from. It's not like PETA is gonna get a membership swell because of this thing.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're not a criminal profiler and that you're basing this on what you've seen on TV shows.

It's not like PETA is gonna get a membership swell because of this thing.

Wrong. PETA will have a significant increase in membership and, more importantly to them, in donations because of this thing. They will raise millions of dollars because of this incident, much of which will go to line the pockets of their board members.

And people who ignore the social norms and mores do so at their own peril, and quite usually end up in jail.

I'm not sure that's true. People kill babies all the time and don't go to jail.

Again, love dogs. But I care more about people than I do about dogs. I don't want anyone to get raped by a mastiff. If you find that amuzing in any way, you need to seek psychological help.

No genious my young fella, just enough common sense to know that when it went from local/state to federal jurisdiction that someone would squeal-it's how the Feds work.....turn up the heat....show'em how much time and $$ they are looking at and they will start to sing loud and proud.

I believe the term you are looking for is genius.

The "moral outrage" by the public surrounding this case is laughable.

Thousands of human beings will be tortured and/or killed today and most of them won't make the news.

People need to get their priorities straight.

This is on a par with an earlier post suggesting crimes like this should be ignored because there are other "greater" crimes demanding attention. The correct course is to investigate and prosecute both.

Since BB loves to analyze and dissect every word written, let me be clear on my replies so he doesn't push his own warped agenda attacking everyone's opinions that don't mesh with his.

1) I'm not defending Vick's alleged actions

2) I'm not saying he's innocent or gulity

I just don't like how the media acts like the judge and jury sensationalizing these stories and giving them much more attention than they deserve. It's dog fighting people, not terrorism. Hell DUI's are much more serious crimes IMO and probably one of the most common laws broken that gets an ounce of what this story gets. I'm just reminding everyone to let the legal system play itself out and prove the facts not run with the allegations. I'm done and over with this story.....until the next time Bronco Baby. :D

I just don't like how the media acts like the judge and jury sensationalizing these stories and giving them much more attention than they deserve. It's dog fighting people, not terrorism. Hell DUI's are much more serious crimes IMO and probably one of the most common laws broken that gets an ounce of what this story gets. I'm just reminding everyone to let the legal system play itself out and prove the facts not run with the allegations. ....

Amen.

I think you may be onto something there, too.

All Death, All the Time. They can have a "Many Faces of Death" series running. What sponsor could resist the ratings that a channel like that is sure to draw, as well as promoting empathy for dead & maimed people & animals from all other sentient living beings.

George Carlin already cam up with this idea.....I think it was frowned upon!!!! :D

Since BB loves to analyze and dissect every word written, let me be clear on my replies so he doesn't push his own warped agenda attacking everyone's opinions that don't mesh with his.

I just don't like how the media acts like the judge and jury sensationalizing these stories and giving them much more attention than they deserve. It's dog fighting people, not terrorism. Hell DUI's are much more serious crimes IMO and probably one of the most common laws broken that gets an ounce of what this story gets. I'm just reminding everyone to let the legal system play itself out and prove the facts not run with the allegations. I'm done and over with this story.....until the next time Bronco Baby. :D

That is simply because this story is sensational....it sells. It is sexy, dark, sick, and various other adjectives all wrapped in one. The media is not about reporting anymore than you are about reporting...it is about entertainment....and there is nothing entertaining about human torture....but watching a millionaire self destruct amongst phony outcries of aghastness and pure indignation....now that is entertaining.....Read Amusing Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman and you shall see.