[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A top 12 WR fails his physical

keggerz

From the comments listed, I'm assuming DDriver. But, I couldn't find anything in the article from the from link. I guess I'm missing something.

There was an entry that Driver failed his physical, but that entry has now been deleted.

:D

Edited by Big John

From the comments listed, I'm assuming DDriver. But, I couldn't find anything in the article from the from link. I guess I'm missing something.

Rotoworld

The Packers are calling Donald Driver (shoulder) day-to-day.

Driver failed his pre-camp physical because he couldn't keep his arm extended while having pressure applied on the shoulder by a doctor. Packers head coach Mike McCarthy says he's "not concerned, because I think like all of us know that Donald keeps himself in excellent shape all year round."

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

I didn't see anything either Rhino. According to BJ, that entry was deleted.

I didn't see anything either Rhino. According to BJ, that entry was deleted.

Yes BJ is right. This is what they say now-

By Tom Pelissero

tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

Donald Driver didn't miss a game after banging up his shoulder late last season. But the injury sidelined the Green Bay Packers' top receiver as teammates opened training camp on Saturday afternoon at Clarke Hinkle Field.

Driver failed his physical exam Friday morning because he couldn't keep his right arm extended when a team doctor applied pressure. He'll receive treatment and hopes to be cleared for practice in the next day or two.

"This is like doing a (field-sobriety test)," Driver said. "You think you can go up there and tell the cop you straight and not drunk and try to walk that fine line, but the next thing you know, you're walking sideways."

Driver, who led the Packers with 92 receptions for 1,295 yards and eight touchdowns in 2006 on the way to his second Pro Bowl, focused on adding strength in the offseason and said the shoulder never hindered him in the weight room. He said he weighed in Friday at 194 pounds, 4 pounds heavier than he's listed.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Driver is day to day.

"I'm not concerned, because I think like all of us know that Donald keeps himself in excellent shape all year round," McCarthy said. "This is something that bothered him coming into camp, so we're just being cautious with him."

Today-

Favre, Morency sit out this morning's practice

Bright sunshine and a cloudless sky greeted the Packers at their first training camp morning practice today, which began at 8:45 a.m.

Not present at practice were QB Brett Favre, RB Vernand Morency and TE Tory Humphrey. Selected veterans generally will sit out some morning workouts during training camp. On Saturday, Humphrey suffered what is believed to be a broken left fibula during practice.

Practicing in shorts this morning are: WR Donald Driver, TE Bubba Franks, P David Lonie, T Chad Clifton, WR Robert Ferguson, DE Aaron Kampman, DL Ryan Pickett, LB Juwan Simpson and DL Johnny Jolly.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

Without Driver, Brett may want to heave pacifiers down the field instead of footballs. Heck, he's likely to be handing off pacifiers too.

Driver ain't sitting out unless his arm is falling off. :D

If he only has one arm he'll be out there snagging touch down passes.

Driver failed his physical exam Friday morning because he couldn't keep his right arm extended when a team doctor applied pressure. He'll receive treatment and hopes to be cleared for practice in the next day or two.

"This is like doing a (field-sobriety test)," Driver said. "You think you can go up there and tell the cop you straight and not drunk and try to walk that fine line, but the next thing you know, you're walking sideways."

If I were an NFL player, I would never, ever use a drunk driving analogy.

Driver wasn't drinking. Would you say the same to Vikings players wanting to go out boating?

If a Vikings player was discussing his shoulder injury and said "This is like when you're out on a party boat, and you've got some stripper giving you a lap dance, but your junk is positioned all wrong, so she's grinding the zipper into it. You know, It hurts, but you're still doing what you love, so you tough it out." Then yes, I would recommend that they should probably try to come up with a different analogy.

If a Vikings player was discussing his shoulder injury and said "This is like when you're out on a party boat, and you've got some stripper giving you a lap dance, but your junk is positioned all wrong, so she's grinding the zipper into it. You know, It hurts, but you're still doing what you love, so you tough it out." Then yes, I would recommend that they should probably try to come up with a different analogy.

:D Koren Robinson was a Viking when he got busted.

Thanks. I could see his point but he missed what DD was saying.

I understood what Driver was saying. And the analogy itself is solid. I was just saying that as a player in a league mired with alcohol related problems, especially with Koren Robinson as a teammate, it would behoove him to not bring up drunk driving when it has nothing to do with the actual situation. I hope this injury doesn't affect his season.

:D LGEF is a Giants fan.

You are terrifying.