[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown, Maroney, Wayne or Roy williams

dillweed

Who to keep? Already keeping LT! Can keep 3 total!

Ronnie Brown

Laurence Maroney

Reggie Wayne

Roy Williams

Yes this is a good problem to have! I am toying with the idea of keeping all of the running backs. Whichever players I let go will probably be gone before my pick comes around at 11th overall in a 12 team league.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1K, 1Def, 1Flex player. The flex player can be at any position.

Scoring:

Rush/Rec TDs = 6

Pass TD = 4

Rush/Rec yards = 1pt per 10 yards

Pass yards = 1pt per 20 yards

Receptions = 1pt per reception

I would keep Brown & Wayne. However, I can see an argument for any combination. I picked Brown & Wayne because I'm a big Wayne fan and I'm not really sold on Maroney.

If i had to decide now, I would go this way, primarily because of the uncetainty surrounding Maroney's shoulder at this point, and with PPR, the WRs get a bit of a boost. Now, this opinion could totally change if we see that Maroney is 100% in camp. Heck, I might go so far as to say keep Maroney and Wayne if we see Maroney is 100%. This would give you a bit more flexibility in your draft instead of forcing you to go WR only.

Really, arguments could be made any way. Williams is the only one I wouldn't consider at this point as I have Wayne ranked above them and with the RB options, you'll certainly be keeping at least one of them to pair with LT

I don't really get what people are seeing in Ronnie Brown, So far he has been a big dud, and has not been the picture of health.

Maroney is a little riskier perhaps in that he has not yet been a starter, but he did pretty well last year as a B/U. I think he comes into his own this year as the primary. IMO he has more upside than Brown. Who fears Trent Green, Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, and David Martin? Can you say 8 in the box?

The Pats offense is going to be wide open. Plenty of lanes. Stack up Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, and Ben Watson against the Dolphins passing game and you see what I mean.

I might keep 2 RBs there, but I would be more inclined to keep Maroney and Wayne.

Thanks all for the advice! The last post confirmed my dilemna. I am going to keep Reggie Wayne along with LT2, but which running back do I keep? I am struggling because Maroney is on the better offense, but I don't know what his status will be week in and week out. Brown also has a history of injury and will be in a rebuilding offense. However, Brown now has Cameron who will focus on the running game more than Saban did.

I want to say that the upside is with Maroney but it is hard to commit to him due to injuries.

Any other thoughts????

If you have the time, I think you need to wait and see how Maroney's shoulder holds up during camp. If he is fine, I would keep Maroney. If there is any doubt about his health, then I say you keep Ronnie Brown. Either way, I keep 1 RB and Wayne. With the exception of last year, Roy Williams has had some health issues.

If you have the time, I think you need to wait and see how Maroney's shoulder holds up during camp. If he is fine, I would keep Maroney. If there is any doubt about his health, then I say you keep Ronnie Brown. Either way, I keep 1 RB and Wayne. With the exception of last year, Roy Williams has had some health issues.

Keep all the RBs. Roy may be there at 11...

Are you (and all these other ppl) insane? Keeping anything other than Brown and Maroney is just horrible. Would you ever, in a million years, pick Wayne over either of these 2 in a regular snake draft? Because that is essentially what you are doing if you choose Wayne here. I would not take a single WR over Maroney or Brown (not Smith, CJ, Marvin, anyone), let alone Reggie Wayne. Just take Maroney and after the draft trade him straight up for whatever WR you want if you feel you need a WR so badly.

I have to agree I'd rather have RBs than WRs as my keepers. WRs are easier to find year after year but RBs never seem to appear on the waiver wire unless someone goes down for the year then depending on your WW system its a free for all anyway.

However, having LT might give you the luxury of keeping a top tier WR like Wayne. If you keep Wayne, what other RBs would you have an honest shot at getting? If you keep 3 RBs how far down the list will you go for 2 starting WRs? I'd say keep LT/Brown and Wayne and add 1 3rd RB and 1 2nd WR in the draft. That gives you solid position player at 2 spots rather then one.