[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maroney

:D i'd feel much better about him if he talked like someone who wanted the ball all the time.

the bigtime RBs like LT2, LJ, Alexander want the ball and make no bones about it. being a team guy is good but he should

want to be the horse in the backfield. makes me think twice about sticking with him on my dynasty team.

:D i'd feel much better about him if he talked like someone who wanted the ball all the time.

the bigtime RBs like LT2, LJ, Alexander want the ball and make no bones about it. being a team guy is good but he should

want to be the horse in the backfield. makes me think twice about sticking with him on my dynasty team.

You would drop Maroney from your team over this? All he is saying is that it will take a team effort to win, including in the backfield. I think he said what he said because he didn't want to sound like a pompous jerk.

You would drop Maroney from your team over this? All he is saying is that it will take a team effort to win, including in the backfield. I think he said what he said because he didn't want to sound like a pompous jerk.

Both Morris and Faulk are 30 year old vets. He's just not stepping on any toes. Plus he knows he won't be getting 25 carries a game right off the bat, coming off shoulder surgery. He is saying all the right things. He would make Belichek proud with these statements. :D

Both Morris and Faulk are 30 year old vets. He's just not stepping on any toes. Plus he knows he won't be getting 25 carries a game right off the bat, coming off shoulder surgery. He is saying all the right things. He would make Belichek proud with these statements. :D

if Maroney is being drafted as a #1 RB, his statemnt has to be disconcerting, in that he is readily admitting he will be sharing the rock and therefore his opportunities will be limited.

if Maroney is being drafted as a #1 RB, his statemnt has to be disconcerting, in that he is readily admitting he will be sharing the rock and therefore his opportunities will be limited.

LOL you act like people from the Patriots are honest with the media. :D

Plus don't you think they could do much better than Sammy Morris?

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

so are you expecting Maroney to get every single carry? Of course he will be sharing it, every RB shares the ball. But the guys he is sharing it with are not going to take over his job. Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk will not take a whole lot of opportunities away from him.

so are you expecting Maroney to get every single carry? Of course he will be sharing it, every RB shares the ball. But the guys he is sharing it with are not going to take over his job. Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk will not take a whole lot of opportunities away from him.

There's nothing in this article that concerns me, but between the injuries and the aggravation you have to put up with when you're counting on a Patriot other than Tom Brady as one of your key starters, I may be looking to deal him after my keeper league's draft is completed.

There's nothing in this article that concerns me, but between the injuries and the aggravation you have to put up with when you're counting on a Patriot other than Tom Brady as one of your key starters, I may be looking to deal him after my keeper league's draft is completed.

Until I hear something that says his injury will prevent him from playing at 100%, I will be keeping him in my starting lineup. He's the main back in one of the league's best offenses.

As of right now, I heard he is rehabing well and should be back for the start of the season

"drop"? no. of course not. who drops a #1 RB?

trade? ya, maybe. attitude is everything. all's he's gotta say is its his mission to go out and get it done this year. to show that he can shoulder whatever load they need him to. not "its a team effort" and "who said i'm carrying the load?". injuries are already a concern. i don't need to be worrying about whether he's capable of the increased work. remember, he split time in college and his first year with NE.

'nuff said.

"drop"? no. of course not. who drops a #1 RB?

trade? ya, maybe. attitude is everything. all's he's gotta say is its his mission to go out and get it done this year. to show that he can shoulder whatever load they need him to. not "its a team effort" and "who said i'm carrying the load?". injuries are already a concern. i don't need to be worrying about whether he's capable of the increased work. remember, he split time in college and his first year with NE.

'nuff said.

plus having Moss and Stallworth as an upgrade of who they previously had....and the already great OL...

I think he'll at least have a strong 1st half....and what you do with him after that is up to you..

I'm not expecting anything.:D Just sharing an interesting article. I'd just rather not make my first pick a guy who is in a guaranteed RBBC. Take him as your #1 and good luck. :D:D

I'm not expecting anything.:D Just sharing an interesting article. I'd just rather not make my first pick a guy who is in a guaranteed RBBC. Take him as your #1 and good luck. :D:D

I would have to say more than half the RB's out there are sharing carries now....

Maroney sharing carries means he will be fresh late in the game and that's when you get some of your best runs...

I would have to say more than half the RB's out there are sharing carries now....

Maroney sharing carries means he will be fresh late in the game and that's when you get some of your best runs...

Yeah and the other half are going to be the players who should garner the most consideration in the 1st round. I'm not saying he won't probuce but mark my words, Maroney is over-hyped and will not finish, in respect to total points, at a level worthy of his lofty rankings and ADP. He's never carried the rock as a feature back and played second fiddle to Marion Barber in Minnesota. Solid RB #2 but injury risk and RBBC making him a very iffy RB#1 IMO.

Yeah and the other half are going to be the players who should garner the most consideration in the 1st round. I'm not saying he won't probuce but mark my words, Maroney is over-hyped and will not finish, in respect to total points, at a level worthy of his lofty rankings and ADP. He's never carried the rock as a feature back and played second fiddle to Marion Barber in Minnesota. Solid RB #2 but injury risk and RBBC making him a very iffy RB#1 IMO.

I dunno...I rank him about 8th in a PPR because he'll be an easy dump-off option...right after Bush...who is also in a RBBC...

Until I hear something that says his injury will prevent him from playing at 100%, I will be keeping him in my starting lineup. He's the main back in one of the league's best offenses.

As of right now, I heard he is rehabing well and should be back for the start of the season

-he's not 100% right now! -hmmmm, i dunno, this unproven guy pouting around in his red, no-contact jersey, saying "who said i'm gonna carry the load?" -very disconcerting indeed.

Edited by hooknladder

-he's not 100% right now! -hmmmm, i dunno, this unproven guy pouting around in his red, no-contact jersey, saying "who said i'm gonna carry the load?" -very disconcerting indeed.

First of all, I meant 100% when they start the regular season. Second of all, the Pats are taking it slow with Maroney because they're trying to protect their featured back who could be the future of the franchise. If he's coming off shoulder surgery, you wouldn't want to throw him into contact drills right away.

First of all, I meant 100% when they start the regular season. Second of all, the Pats are taking it slow with Maroney because they're trying to protect their featured back who could be the future of the franchise. If he's coming off shoulder surgery, you wouldn't want to throw him into contact drills right away.

The season's 1 month away, he's still rehabbing,he's not taking contact, and he's happy to be sharing carries. All signs point to a big season. I repeat, go ahead and burn a 1st round pick on him.

The season's 1 month away, he's still rehabbing,he's not taking contact, and he's happy to be sharing carries. All signs point to a big season. I repeat, go ahead and burn a 1st round pick on him.

I never said I was going to draft him in the first round. I'm just saying that his situation isn't as bad as people think it is. Have you heard anything that says Maroney won't be ready for the start of the season? Yes, he had surgery and yes, he is still rehabing, but that doesn't mean he won't be at full strength in a month's time.

I never said I was going to draft him in the first round. I'm just saying that his situation isn't as bad as people think it is. Have you heard anything that says Maroney won't be ready for the start of the season? Yes, he had surgery and yes, he is still rehabing, but that doesn't mean he won't be at full strength in a month's time.

i think what's being said here is would'nt you rather have a back that's 100% and is eager to prove he is the featured back?