[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frank Gore Broken Hand?

Brownsfan420

Frank Gore suffered a fractured hand at Monday morning's practice.

He may miss all of the exhibition season, but this isn't an injury that should linger and scare owners in the top part of fantasy drafts. His history of knee and shoulder problems is of much more long-term concern, and Gore being totally fresh to start the season will be a positive. LaDainian Tomlinson didn't play at all last preseason. San Francisco should still be extremely cautious here and feed Thomas Clayton and Michael Robinson tons of reps.

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Frank Gore suffered a fractured hand at Monday morning's practice.

He may miss all of the exhibition season, but this isn't an injury that should linger and scare owners in the top part of fantasy drafts. His history of knee and shoulder problems is of much more long-term concern, and Gore being totally fresh to start the season will be a positive. LaDainian Tomlinson didn't play at all last preseason. Well since the best running back of all time didn't play last preseason Gore is good to go guysSan Francisco should still be extremely cautious here and feed Thomas Clayton and Michael Robinson tons of reps.

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

:D

Confirmed its broken. I havn't seen the report locally that says which hand was broken.

This may be for the better to keep him fresh for the season opener.

Broke his right hand.. As reported on ESPN.com: Link to Article

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Frank Gore, the San Francisco 49ers Pro Bowl running back, broke a bone in his right hand Monday during the first padded practice of training camp and might not play in this preseason.

Gore was injured during a non-contact ball-handling drill, and coach Mike Nolan said he would not practice with the team for the remainder of the week. Gore will be re-evaluated next Monday, and Nolan expects him to return to practice then with a cast on his hand.

RB Frank Gore broke a bone in his right hand during a non-contact drill. (AP)

"He'll be ready for the latter part of preseason, but his participating in the preseason, we'll wait and see on that," Nolan said.

Gore set a franchise single-season record last season while leading the NFC with 1,695 yards rushing. He was the NFC's starting running back in the Pro Bowl after just his second NFL season.

One of the league's top young backs, Gore said he is aiming for a 2,000-yard season this year and hopes to challenge Eric Dickerson's NFL record of 2,105 yards that has stood for 22 seasons.

Gore has a considerable history of serious injury. He tore ligaments in each of his knees and had major surgery on both during his college career at Miami. After his first season with the 49ers in 2005, when he became the first rookie in 15 years to lead the team in rushing, Gore had surgery to repair a torn labrum in each of his shoulders.

That didn't prevent Gore from having a breakout season last year, when he also recorded a franchise-record 312 carries. He also led San Francisco last year with 61 receptions while setting a franchise record of 2,180 yards from scrimmage.

The 49ers intend to lighten Gore's load this year, and there's a three-way competition in training camp for backup carries behind him between young veterans Maurice Hicks and Michael Robinson and rookie Thomas Clayton, the team's sixth-round selection in the April draft.

"I always like to see a silver lining in whatever happens," Nolan said. "This is going to give Michael Robinson, Hicks and the rookie an opportunity to get more reps and see what they can do."

Nolan said there's a possibility the 49ers will bring in another running back to provide depth in training camp until Gore returns. Robinson, Hicks and Clayton are the only other running backs on the team's summer roster.

Edited by The Wolf

One of the league's top young backs, Gore said he is aiming for a 2,000-yard season this year and hopes to challenge Eric Dickerson's NFL record of 2,105 yards that has stood for 22 seasons.

Gore has a considerable history of serious injury. He tore ligaments in each of his knees and had major surgery on both during his college career at Miami. After his first season with the 49ers in 2005, when he became the first rookie in 15 years to lead the team in rushing, Gore had surgery to repair a torn labrum in each of his shoulders.

Don't know how credible,but I saw it on 49ers The Press Democrat earlier...I didn't see it on any majors,and I think it's a blog,and I try to be careful around draft days on blogspots...I'll try and find the link

FYI, The Press Democrat is the major newspaper in Sonoma County, just north of San Francisco. It generally has pretty good Niner and Raider information, though I think that the SF Chronicle usually has more of the small inside info (I know as I grew up in Sonoma County and we'd get both papers)

"I always like to see a silver lining in whatever happens," Nolan said. "This is going to give Michael Robinson, Hicks and the rookie an opportunity to get more reps and see what they can do."

So, if the coach doesn't know his name, I'm guessing I don't need to know it either.