[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

morency out 2-3 weeks

tonorator

details here. still sounds like they don't know the full extent of the injury

jackson to now get a more expanded look ...

Geez, and here I was betting my entire season on him too. Great! Now who do I go with? Tomlinson? Johnson? Alexander? I just don't know.

Reports are not great for Jackson either. He looks terrible. I'm starting to think we should have re-signed Green... :D

Yep... Morency was definitely looking like the best RB up to this point. We'll see if the rookie can take advantage of the opportunity here. A few weeks of working exclusively with the starters (without rotating in and out) could be just what Jackson needs to find his rhythm.

I watched every one of Jackson's games in college and he does have some talent. He had a handful of highlight reel runs that were jaw dropping. Now, the big question (and the reason I am surprised that he went in the 2nd round) is are we sure he is really that back or was he just playing over his head in those games. I haven't read any first hand accounts of how he is doing in training camp, but I was planning on picking up morency. I live in Omaha and with all the Husker homers locally...I'm sure someone willl grab Jackson just to cheer for him. I think Jackson could be very good, but I don't know if he is quick (smart) enough to pick up the offense and run with it out of the gate (not bashing him...I doubt a lot of rookies). He'd be better off learning some early and getting reps a few games in (IMO). Hopefully Morency will end up alright. Obviously a few preseason games could change the look at GB, but we'll have to wait and see what happens (of course waiting for football at this point is starting to fee like :D). I'd just hate to have a 50/50 split of carries at GB when I thought Morency could pay off as a sleeper.