[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers camp update 7/31

PaulOttCarruth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vernand Morency Update:

McCarthy: Morency 'definitely' ready for Philly

Vernand Morency insisted he wasn't sprinting, but the injured running back appeared to be moving well when he jokingly chased a teammate across the field at the Don Hutson Centeron Tuesday.

After practice, coach Mike McCarthy said he thinks Morency, out since July 28 with a knee injury, will "definitely be ready for Philadelphia" in the regular-season opener Sept. 9.

"Whether he goes against Tennessee (in the preseason finale Aug. 30) is something we'll look at in the middle of the week," McCarthy said. "I'm very hopeful that he'll be close for that game."

Morency was the Packers’ starter-by-default at running back before he strained the patellar tendon in his right knee during the first practice of training camp.

"We're still doing the same old, same old," Morency said of his rehabilitation. "Just trying to get out there as soon as possible."

Vernand Morency Update:

Thx for the update. I picked up Morency with my 15.05 pick in my local 12 team this week. I think he has some skills and will get the ball if healthy and the rookie can't pass block. Luckily all my local FF guys seemed to think he was out for the season. :D