[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

list your top 10 RB's....

Avernus

Alright,anyone who has been in fantasy...or even just watch football for a long time knows that out of the top 10 RB's heading into the season, at least 5 of them don't end up in the top 10 for various reasons (injury, suspension etc.)

I want you to list your top 10 RB's and then take any 5 that you think won't finish the season a top 10 RB...

you can list the reasons, or you can't....it's merely based on gut, injury history or even just their situation....

anyways...here's my top 10 and the 5 that I don't see finishing the season a top RB...(and FYI...it's PPR)

players in bold are one's I don't see finishing...

1. LaDanian Tomlinson

2. Stephen Jackson

3. Larry Johnson

4.Joseph Addai

5. Brian Westbrook

6. Frank Gore

7. Reggie Bush

8. Laurence Maroney

9. Willie Parker

10. Travis Henry

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. LT2

2. SJax

3. Gore

4. Alexander

5. Parker

6. Addai

7. LJ

8. Rudi

9. Henry

10. Westbrook

This also begs the question... who will make the leap into the top 10? :D

ahaha exactly...but that's another thread....

it's usually at least 1 backup RB and 1 rookie....and one comeback player...

2. SJAX

As a drafter with a #2 overall pick, I will definitely be snagging Leonard in the last 4 rounds.

I didn't include him in my list above out of sheer optimism. He received so many damn touches last year.

On FF calculator, Leonard has been going undrafted :D

Edited by kingfish247

As a drafter with a #2 overall pick, I will definitely be snagging Leonard in the last 4 rounds.

I didn't include him in my list above out of sheer optimism. He received so many damn touches last year.

I almost added him or LT.....especially when LT has been a workhorse for 6 seasons now and after awhile when a RB stays pretty much healthy for a handful of season or more....you start getting a little worried if this is the year....

Yeah, not for injury reasons though. I actually wonder privately...or not privately anymore I guess... whether all the new options (McMichael, Leonard, Bennett) and a second year in the system will mean less output from Jackson? They have a lot of TD vulture weapons. They may not need to rely on him as much this year. I know it could mean bigger numbers, he did have Ricky Williams and Michael Bennett (when he mattered...oh wait...he might this season).

Just a hunch. And because I had to pick 5 of those guys not to be in the top 10. Not easy picking 5 to not make the top 10.

I almost added him or LT.....especially when LT has been a workhorse for 6 seasons now and after awhile when a RB stays pretty much healthy for a handful of season or more....you start getting a little worried if this is the year....

Yeah, almost tabbed LT. But...he's just sooo great as a #1. I just don't want it to be so!

My Top 10 (also PPR)

1. LT

2. SJax

3. LJ- team sucks, used alot, holdout issues, questionable supporting cast

4. Gore- injuries otherwise in the same boat with Westy

5. Westy- injuries otherwise he's a stud, biggest high risk/high reward guy

6. Addai

7. Bush

8. Parker

9. Alexander- old/injuries

10. Maroney- injuries

My Top 10 (also PPR)

1. LT

2. SJax

3. LJ- team sucks, used alot, holdout issues, questionable supporting cast

4. Gore- injuries otherwise in the same boat with Westy

5. Westy- injuries otherwise he's a stud, biggest high risk/high reward guy

6. Addai

7. Bush

8. Parker

9. Alexander- old/injuries

10. Maroney- injuries

That makes two of you with Reggie Bush at #7. Are we talking PPR? That just seems so high for a guy sharing a backfield. I mean I like him, and he's as dynamic as they come, but I struggle to put him in my top 10.

LT

Jackson

Gore

LJ

Addai

Alexander

Parker

Westbrook

Rudi

Henry

I think LJ will hold out, plus he had way too many carries last year and their OFF is way below average

Alexander has too much wear on the tires, OL declining

Rudi has done it three years in a row, and I am skeptical on 4. I like the rookie Irons as a late flier...

Henry has never been a great back and even has a fumbling history in BUFF, but I think he will get the majority of carries, but M Bell will get enough to keep him out of the Top 10...

That makes two of you with Reggie Bush at #7. Are we talking PPR? That just seems so high for a guy sharing a backfield. I mean I like him, and he's as dynamic as they come, but I struggle to put him in my top 10.

Alright,anyone who has been in fantasy...or even just watch football for a long time knows that out of the top 10 RB's heading into the season, at least 5 of them don't end up in the top 10 for various reasons (injury, suspension etc.)

I want you to list your top 10 RB's and then take any 5 that you think won't finish the season a top 10 RB...

you can list the reasons, or you can't....it's merely based on gut, injury history or even just their situation....

anyways...here's my top 10 and the 5 that I don't see finishing the season a top RB...(and FYI...it's PPR)

players in bold are one's I don't see finishing...

If it wasn't PPR Bush would be about #15 on my list.

Edited by irish

no idea how multiple people have left alexander out of the top 10. no way i agree with that.

here's my take (most likely not to finish are bolded):

LT

Sjax

LJ

Alexander

Westbrook

Gore

Addai

Johnson

Parker

Henry

I have Alexander at 12 because I just don't want to draft him...

for 1, he's been in the league since 2000 and has played since 2001...plus his number of carries and the offense has taken hit after hit....

especially in a PPR, he'd be hard pressed to crack my top 10 right now....

1. LT

2. SJax

3. Gore - He will receive more attention and teams will probably challenge Alex Smith into throwing - injury bug?

4. LJ - The whole situation in KC is a mess, I don't see anything positive coming out.

5. Alexander

6. FWP - An almost entire new coaching staff and other options for the goal line will probably put FWP in the 11-20 category.

7. Westbrook - Can he really play an entire season anymore?

8. Rudi

9. Addai - I'm not totally sold on him yet although he is in a perfect scenario to excel, I just think Peyton will be throwing almost exclusively in the last Quarter - maybe 2?

10. Henry

This was a little harder than I thought in the beginning. Great thread man! :D

This is based on typical performance scoring (no PPR) and is based more on gut feeling than anything else...

1. LT

2. S-Jax (funny how he's the consensus #2 now)

3. Addai

4. Henry

5. Alexander

6. Gore

7. Westbrook

8. Parker

9. LJ

10. Rudi

who are the 5? :D

That won't finish due to injury? Westbrook for sure. Gore gets dinged from time to time and I could see Parker getting nicked up a bit. So, I guess I could only come up with three.

well..not exactly "not finish"....

just the ones who won't finish in the top 10...

and it's not only because of injury..

ok help me out here...if you are making up your top 10 and you think that 5 of them arent going to finish in the top 10 then why are they in your top 10

so I am going to take Gore and LJ out of my top 10 because I think they won't finish there?...

:D