[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

list your top 10 RB's....

Avernus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a strange thread. I obviously believe all my top 10 will finish in the top 10 -- that's how I do my rankings. :D

If you asked me, out of my top 10, which RBs would be least likely to finish in the top 10...it would be RBs 6-10. Seems to make sense to me. :D

alright...this has quickly turned into a revolt ahah...

every year we have our top 10 and half of them end up outside the top 10 for any reason....

this post is asking you to think outside the box and think to your best assumption as to why 5 of them won't be there....

that's all....nothing spectacular...

This is a strange thread. I obviously believe all my top 10 will finish in the top 10 -- that's how I do my rankings. :D

If you asked me, out of my top 10, which RBs would be least likely to finish in the top 10...it would be RBs 6-10. Seems to make sense to me. :D

i think there is confusion in that most of the top 10 from the previous yr dont repeat their top 10 performance....that is different then ranking your top 10 :wacko: I THINK :wacko:

alright...this has quickly turned into a revolt ahah...

every year we have our top 10 and half of them end up outside the top 10 for any reason....

this post is asking you to think outside the box and think to your best assumption as to why 5 of them won't be there....

that's all....nothing spectacular...

so if your top 10 has 5 that wont make the top 10 and you make a new top 10 is it fair to then say that 10 of them wont make the top ten or do you just remove 5 more and rinse and repeat :D (my new fav graemlin)

It's really not that confusing or strange... take your top 10, then take 5 of those top 10 that aren't likely to finish there--for whatever reason.

Unless you did your rankings after Quantum Leaping into December 2007, on average, half of anyone's top 10 RBs don't mean squat at this point.

It's really not that confusing or strange... take your top 10, then take 5 of those top 10 that aren't likely to finish there--for whatever reason.

Unless you did your rankings after Quantum Leaping into December 2007, on average, half of anyone's top 10 RBs don't mean squat at this point.

what swiss and I are saying is that if you think they wont finish in your top 10 then dont rank them in it :D

here is my top 10:

Sjax

LT

Gore

Bush

Westbrook

Ronnie Brown

Henry

Willie Parker

Rudi Johnson

Thomas Jones

LJ is currently not in my top 10 due to his situation

Edited by keggerz

last yr bush was #9 in fusion(PPR) and you expect him to finish #15 after having a yr to get acclimated to the NFL :D

Keggy, I have him in my Top 10, #6 to be exact in a PPR league. In non-PPR I have him at #15. Read it again as you may have lacked some comprehension on that one. PPR- #6 Non-PPR- #15. Got it? :D

Keggy, I have him in my Top 10, #6 to be exact in a PPR league. In non-PPR I have him at #15. Read it again as you may have lacked some comprehension on that one. PPR- #6 Non-PPR- #15. Got it? :D

i comprehend just fine...i do however misread things on occasion..you however can continue to act like a tool if you so wish :D

Maybe I am missing the premise of this thread...

Why would you rank someone in your top ten if you don't think they will finish in the top ten?

Is this some kind of existential mix of preseason statistic predictions versus gut feeling on players? And if you have a bad gut feeling on a player, why would you statistically predict them to do well?

Maybe I am missing the premise of this thread...

Why would you rank someone in your top ten if you don't think they will finish in the top ten?

Is this some kind of existential mix of preseason statistic predictions versus gut feeling on players? And if you have a bad gut feeling on a player, why would you statistically predict them to do well?

we already went over this... :D

I think the idea/concept is still very helpful. We often have a top 10, but certain players are there despite us holding some urking doubt that they belong there. We keep them there because it's a situation where it's just a gut feeling, and not enough to go against the grain of the general consensus (+ your own tweaks and reordering). Most of develop our top 10 based somewhat off general consensus.

Maybe common sense would say to move them out - maybe not - maybe everyone else is right and you're wrong. This helps see what everyone's gut is telling them.

Anyhow, here's my list - not even sure why I have one though because I won't draft according to it. =)

LT - he'll be top 10 even if he only plays 9 games

Sjax - one of the most rock soild choices

Frank Gore - I want to like him but I think he's a one-hit wonder - he's on the 49'ers and is injury prone

L. Johnson - he might still squeeze in the top 10, but he's dropping to the fringe I think - top 15 (offense issues, workload)

Addai - I like this guy, I roll the dice on health - this offense is too well-oiled for him not to be productive

Alexander - I literally think he's here just on namesake - glaring bust issues

Westy - I am usually a doubter, and I need to stop - he only needs 10 games to be here - catches a ton too

Willie Parker - he's got another good year before he breaks down

Rudi - better schedule, model of consistancy - too good to be true - something tells me he's gonna get sidelined

Bush - I dont think he's top 5, I think he just barely squeezes in top 10- great talent, big-game potentiial - limited touches/goaline attempts/Ds focus on him

Guys I think will make a run for the top ten:

MJD - he was top 3 last with half the touches of the other guys - mad talented - I say Freddy relinqusihes more touches this year one way or another

Thomas Jones - underrated, period

T. Henry - if you take the risk on picking a Denver back (read: not a secure job), all signs say GO for a massive season

Brandon Jacobs - he has big shoes to fill, but has massive feet - should see plenty of TDs

I think the idea/concept is still very helpful. We often have a top 10, but certain players are there despite us holding some urking doubt that they belong there. We keep them there because it's a situation where it's just a gut feeling, and not enough to go against the grain of the general consensus (+ your own tweaks and reordering). Most of develop our top 10 based somewhat off general consensus.

Maybe common sense would say to move them out - maybe not - maybe everyone else is right and you're wrong. This helps see what everyone's gut is telling them.

Anyhow, here's my list - not even sure why I have one though because I won't draft according to it. =)

LT - he'll be top 10 even if he only plays 9 games

Sjax - one of the most rock soild choices

Frank Gore - I want to like him but I think he's a one-hit wonder - he's on the 49'ers and is injury prone

L. Johnson - he might still squeeze in the top 10, but he's dropping to the fringe I think - top 15 (offense issues, workload)

Addai - I like this guy, I roll the dice on health - this offense is too well-oiled for him not to be productive

Alexander - I literally think he's here just on namesake - glaring bust issues

Westy - I am usually a doubter, and I need to stop - he only needs 10 games to be here - catches a ton too

Willie Parker - he's got another good year before he breaks down

Rudi - better schedule, model of consistancy - too good to be true - something tells me he's gonna get sidelined

Bush - I dont think he's top 5, I think he just barely squeezes in top 10- great talent, big-game potentiial - limited touches/goaline attempts/Ds focus on him

Guys I think will make a run for the top ten:

MJD - he was top 3 last with half the touches of the other guys - mad talented - I say Freddy relinqusihes more touches this year one way or another

Thomas Jones - underrated, period

T. Henry - if you take the risk on picking a Denver back (read: not a secure job), all signs say GO for a massive season

Brandon Jacobs - he has big shoes to fill, but has massive feet - should see plenty of TDs

this is one of the best looking lists right here....even your replacements work...

I think I put Henry in my top 10 almost pre-emptive to this post and knock some of the players (Shaun Alexander) that should be in the top 10....out of the top 10...

what we should have done is taken the Huddle top 10 rankings....but not everyone has paid yet (myself included)