[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So if 5 of the Top 10 RBs were to drop.... who takes there spots.

irish

Obviously this was prompted by Avernus' post.

So regardless of which 5 players might drop out of the Top 10 RBs... List players that you can see ending up in the Top 10.

I'll add mine as I go but one would be (Remember basing this on PPR)....

Adrian Peterson

Thomas Jones

Travis Henry (not in my Top 10 now)

Cedic Benson

Ronnie Brown

Clinton Portis

Carnell Williams

Maurice Jones-Drew

Edited by irish

wow...umm...right now I'd have to obviously add ....

Adrian Peterson

Thomas Jones

Maurice Jones-Drew

DeAngelo Williams

Ahman Green

right now it's tough...I kind of wish I said Tomlinson and Jackson were to go down so I could say Leonard and Turner would crack the top 10...

I could see Edge making a comeback this year... probably towards the bottom of the top 10 though.

I definitely agree with you on Travis Henry.

If Warrick Dunn goes down early in the season, Norwood has a legitimate shot to break into that crowd, too.

I could see Edge making a comeback this year... probably towards the bottom of the top 10 though.

If Warrick Dunn goes down early in the season, Norwood has a legitimate shot to break into that crowd, too.

I started seeing some flash from Arrington in AZ...but 1st their OL needs to show something....

but if Edge went down, I think Arrington could show something.....IF the OL can be even decent...

and I almost put Norwood onto my list, but I think the ATL offense will have a tough time of it....but only time will tell..

Edgerrin James

Reggie Bush

Maurice Jones-Drew

Tatum Bell

Marshawn Lynch

Those would be mine I think. In that order.

Edit: ok, didn't know this was PPR. Adjusted accordingly.

wow...umm...right now I'd have to obviously add ....

Adrian Peterson

Thomas Jones

Maurice Jones-Drew

DeAngelo Williams

Ahman Green

right now it's tough...I kind of wish I said Tomlinson and Jackson were to go down so I could say Leonard and Turner would crack the top 10...

Some of the guys I thought about as well. This is what makes FF so great, you just don't know. But somebody (at least 1 guy) will get a steal in every draft taking a player (RB) way after his production over the following year will dictate he should've been. Frank Gore last year and when it comes to other positions like WR, you have to think Colston.

I like

Brown

Benson

Jones-Drew

Barber

DeAngelo Williams (possibly Norwood)

Isn't he reitred? :D I don't know that will be interesting though in Dallas. JJ wants the rock, so does Barber. Time will tell.

Isn't he reitred? :D I don't know that will be interesting though in Dallas. JJ wants the rock, so does Barber. Time will tell.

I like Barber more than JJ..always have.....

of course...you never know..

and Marshawn Lynch is another name that can definately crack the top 10 if the Buffalo offense clicks outside of Losman to Evans....

This is what makes FF so great, you just don't know. But somebody (at least 1 guy) will get a steal in every draft taking a player (RB) way after his production over the following year will dictate he should've been.

Could not agree more. Everyone is an expert in July. Formulating opinions on players and the draft are my favorite part of all this.

Edit: I added Lynch to my list after reading that it's PPR. There seems to be a lot of talk about him in the passing game.

Edited by Sturphy

Wow, no love for Brandon Jacobs?

The fact that he will be the guy and has one of the easier rushing schedules makes me think he could crack the top 10. He's also HUGH and runs a 4.4 - 40. What's not to love?

I would say Lynch but Buffalo has the toughest rushing schedule and their O-line needs to prove they are better with the offseason additions.

I like Ronnie Brown - LT's old O-coordinator as head coach and I believe they still have tha O-line guru down there.

Wow, no love for Brandon Jacobs?

The fact that he will be the guy and has one of the easier rushing schedules makes me think he could crack the top 10. He's also HUGH and runs a 4.4 - 40. What's not to love?

I would say Lynch but Buffalo has the toughest rushing schedule and their O-line needs to prove they are better with the offseason additions.

I like Ronnie Brown - LT's old O-coordinator as head coach and I believe they still have tha O-line guru down there.

he was one of the 5 RB's that were | | <-- this close to making my list...

Who is that O-line coach that is a guru? Hudson Hawk or something like that :D

ahaha not sure...I always liked Jacobs if he could keep his fumbling to a minimum....

and if he can NOT stand upright when running as he is too big a target for his running style IMO....

and before I open up a whole new discussion for someone to step in....the upright running style can work...I just don't see Jacobs lasting with this style...

he IS a beast, though..

Marion Barber with get the 2/3rd of the touches in DAL if JJ is still there, and that puts him in the 1,200 yards rushing and another 400 in recieving. Conservative TDs at 12. JJ would be the change of pace and rest. I have Barber at the borderline of the Top 10.

I don't know if Jacobs can carry the majority load, but he is a freak....

Marion Barber with get the 2/3rd of the touches in DAL if JJ is still there, and that puts him in the 1,200 yards rushing and another 400 in recieving. Conservative TDs at 12. JJ would be the change of pace and rest. I have Barber at the borderline of the Top 10.

I don't know if Jacobs can carry the majority load, but he is a freak....

Do you know something the rest of us don't, or are you just speculating?

I think what he is trying to say - is that if there are only 3 touches, Barber will get the second one - or somethin like that :D

I saw a 2 and a 3 in there :D...

he's saying he will get 23 touches in a game and Michael Jordan is the #3 RB...

ahaha not sure...I always liked Jacobs if he could keep his fumbling to a minimum....

and if he can NOT stand upright when running as he is too big a target for his running style IMO....

and before I open up a whole new discussion for someone to step in....the upright running style can work...I just don't see Jacobs lasting with this style...

he IS a beast, though..

My only knock against Jacobs fantasy wise is that I like a guy who can break off a big run at any time. I think we'll see a bunch of straight, brusing medium yardage gains, but I just don't see him getting too many long runs. I think he'll end up around 15-20th best fantasy RB.

Edited by TDFFFreak

My only knock against Jacobs fantasy wise is that I like a guy who can break off a big run at any time. I think we'll see a bunch of straight, brusing medium yardage gains, but I just don't see getting too many long runs. I think he'll end up around 15-20th best fantasy RB.

same here....and while he can take it outside and run 40 yards...I wonder if he can keep that up past week 5 or 6...