[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Strategy - 14 Team League

mdalby

RECOMMENDATIONS ON A DRAFT STRATEGY ARE APPRECIATED

OK, I have been in 10 and 12 team leagues but never a 14 team league. We have14 teams this year. We pretty much have standard scoring except return yardage is scoring just like rushing/receiving yards so RB/WR that return kicks/punts will be at a premium.

I almost always use the following strategy

Round 1 - RB

Round 2 - RB

Round 3 - QB

Round 4 - RB

Round 5 - WR

Round 6 - WR

With 14 teams, I would hate to end up with Favre or Delhomme as my QB. I guess Grossman and Jason Campbell are sleepers that could pan out.

Thoughts?

You wouldn't take a QB in the first 4 rounds EVEN if 10 of the 14 teams have already taken a QB and there is a clear difference in 1 of the remaining QBs? Say, Rivers, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Eli Manning are left and you think Rivers is better than the others, you still wouldn't draft a QB in the 4th?

I have never had good success with the WRs. their game is so inconsistent and consistency seems to fit me better. I hate it when players get me 2 catches and 15 yards. I would rather have a player that I can coult on week in and week out to give me a solid 6 WR pts each week.

This is why I draft WRs late.

You wouldn't take a QB in the first 4 rounds EVEN if 10 of the 14 teams have already taken a QB and there is a clear difference in 1 of the remaining QBs? Say, Rivers, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Eli Manning are left and you think Rivers is better than the others, you still wouldn't draft a QB in the 4th?

I have never had good success with the WRs. their game is so inconsistent and consistency seems to fit me better. I hate it when players get me 2 catches and 15 yards. I would rather have a player that I can coult on week in and week out to give me a solid 6 WR pts each week.

This is why I draft WRs late.

This seems to be completely counterintuitive. If you're not good at finding WRs late, perhaps focusing on them a bit earlier would help you with your WR production numbers.

ANd I paray to god I can be in a league where 10 QBs are gone in the first 4 rounds. It means Iwill be bloated with talent at RB and WR